THANK YOU! 2024 Fundraising Completed - $2095 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

[WW] Fright Night! (The village wins!)

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

noxiousdog wrote:
Leigh wrote: What play did Grund make? The whole "Let me be the hub of your wheel" play?
Yes. And it's one only a villager can make, because innocents are the only ones a seer can trust. AFTER tomorrow.
Correct. If a Seer dreams of a Vampire, a Hunter, a Mason, or a Seer, the dreamer receives the same vague message. If a Seer dreams of an Innocent Villager, the Seer gains solid confirmation that the Innocent is an Innocent Villager.

By calling for PMs, I have gained information (and will gain further information) from those replying to me. Whether that information is straighttalk or bluff, it's power (especially given the risk that bluffers, not knowing who has contacted me, will contradict one another).

This is why it is absolutely essential that I survive long enough for this information to be leveraged.

If I turn out to be a Vampire, there'll be plenty of time to kill me. If, however, I'm a non-Vampire with a game-winning edge, it'll be awfully hard to resurrect me.
setaside

Post by setaside »

noxiousdog wrote:and the seers would have gotten an [edit]not a village[/edit] reading (assuming they got a first night viewing).
My understanding is that the seers don't get a reading until AFTER the first lynching ...
[Edit]Alpha vamp will be chosen first. The first night of the game, the Alpha will pick his two teammates, and kill a non-player villager. The remaining professions will be chosen from the remaining pool of players.
The game will begin with a lynching during the day cycle.
So the seers aren't even chosen until AFTER the first killing. The seers won't get a vision until tonight.

As far as who to lynch? I have no idea.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

To clarify: No villager had a role at the time of the killing of poor, poor lumber-skulled Myopis Punderheimer.

After the lynching of whomever, the first night the following things will happen simultaneously:

1. The seers will get visions, if they live.
2. The Vampire Hunter will protect someone, if he/she lives
3. The alpha Vamp will notify his/her teammates and they'll pick a victim.
4. The Masons will huddle in fear.

As a result of this timetable, any seers visioning a beta/gamma vamp will be told that they've viewed a villager who is not what he appears; those two new vamps are in the game, so they're fair game.
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
Mark

Post by Mark »

Chaosraven wrote:I'm just wondering about Mark now...

He didn't mention JD in his post, he jumped on Kelric. Though JD accused first.

Then he left out setaside, msteelers, pr0ner, and mr bubbles to jump on me.

I understand him leaving out crux (despite that being the ALMOST lethal vote if setaside hadn't backed off)

So where does this agenda come from?
Look at my post from 1221am. I have no agenda apart from staying alive - and jumped on you because I thought your accidental 'slip' was none too accidental by half.

There are many suspicious characters in this game, and I fear I am going to taste the end of a sharp stake simply because the mob needs to start somewhere. That being said, there is no need for me to give into the bloodlust:

I withdraw my vote for Chaosraven.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Oh I understand completely... you arrive and discover a mob of nuts with sharp pointy things looking to let some daylight in on your internal workings.

Bound to give you a defensive posture.

What I meant was, out of the eight you chose me... just trying to find the logic in that. It was the "we" thing? Guess that posed a problem for quite a few people.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Ok, a vote count, reverse order in this thread.

Crux: lynch Grundbegriff
Mark: vote withdrawn
noxiousdog: lynch Grundbegriff
setaside: lynch Mark
Chaosraven: lynch Mark
Mr Bubbles: lynch Mark
pr0ner: lynch Mark
msteelers: lynch Mark
J.D.: lynch Mark
Varity: No vote
ChrisGrenard: No Vote
Grundbegriff: No Vote
Orinoco: No vote
Kelric: No vote
Leigh: No vote

Totals:

Mark: 6 votes
Grundbegriff: 2 votes

I believe this to be accurate. If it's in error, lemme know!
setaside

Post by setaside »

I withdrew my accusation of Mark.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Ok I offically recall my vote for Mark also... Im just too confused now...
Mark

Post by Mark »

Where are the cowards looking to spill my innards? At least I can have a dialogue with Chaosraven - where is setaside, Mr Bubbles, pr0ner, msteelers and JD? This is all it takes to kill an innocent man? Personally I think Grund is a devious, backstabbing art-merchant. But I'm not going to cast a vote against him. Rather, I'm looking in the direction of my original accuser - one who simply pointed at me, shouted "j'accuse!" and slinked back to his filth encrusted coffin.

I vote for J.D.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Mark wrote:Where are the cowards looking to spill my innards? At least I can have a dialogue with Chaosraven - where is setaside, Mr Bubbles, pr0ner, msteelers and JD? This is all it takes to kill an innocent man? Personally I think Grund is a devious, backstabbing art-merchant. But I'm not going to cast a vote against him. Rather, I'm looking in the direction of my original accuser - one who simply pointed at me, shouted "j'accuse!" and slinked back to his filth encrusted coffin.

I vote for J.D.
*cough*... Look above.. *cough*
Mark

Post by Mark »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
Mark wrote:Where are the cowards looking to spill my innards? At least I can have a dialogue with Chaosraven - where is setaside, Mr Bubbles, pr0ner, msteelers and JD? This is all it takes to kill an innocent man? Personally I think Grund is a devious, backstabbing art-merchant. But I'm not going to cast a vote against him. Rather, I'm looking in the direction of my original accuser - one who simply pointed at me, shouted "j'accuse!" and slinked back to his filth encrusted coffin.

I vote for J.D.
*cough*... Look above.. *cough*
Whoops - right you are. Mea Culpa and all that...
setaside

Post by setaside »

I vote for J.D.
Hey now!!! I felt shamed that I fell onto the whole "lynch the quiet ones" bandwagon. If you'll notice, I was the first to withdraw his vote for you. Cut me some slack, jack .. err ... Mark. Lynching the quiet ones was always a bit of a perplexing strategy in my opinion and I'm glad I waited. My opinion is that your story (and timezone) puts out of harms way and directly into villager territory. At least temporarily.

As for JD, it's always suspicious to cast the first vote. At the same time, somebody has to and it's almost always uninformed. I have some suspicions but it's not JD at this point.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

triggercut wrote:Totals:
Lynching me at this juncture would be a mistake, for the reasons I've explained.

The vote against Mark appears to be wholly a function of the fact that his post-timing was different because he's geographically removed from the majority.

We can do better than this, people.

At least Chaosraven genuinely did something suspicious. More than one thing, in fact.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Grundbegriff wrote:
triggercut wrote:Totals:
Lynching me at this juncture would be a mistake, for the reasons I've explained.

The vote against Mark appears to be wholly a function of the fact that his post-timing was different because he's geographically removed from the majority.

We can do better than this, people.

At least Chaosraven genuinely did something suspicious. More than one thing, in fact.
I must say I am a bit puzzled by how he worded things, but I still have to see a bit more before I jump on this wagon.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

I'm with Grund on this. There's something odd afoot.

I withdraw my vote of Grundbegriff, and would urge people to do the same with Mark. Normally, there would be little information, but with Grund's request, and my declaration, there is a lot more info than normal.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Revised vote totals:

Crux: lych Grundbegriff
Mark: vote withdrawn
noxiousdog: vote withdrawn
setaside: vote withdrawn
Chaosraven: lynch Mark
Mr Bubbles: vote withdrawn
pr0ner: lynch Mark
msteelers: lynch Mark
J.D.: lynch Mark
Varity: No vote
ChrisGrenard: No Vote
Grundbegriff: No Vote
Orinoco: No vote
Kelric: No vote
Leigh: No vote

Totals:

Mark: 4 votes
Grundbegriff: 1 vote
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

I generated a random number to get a vote, and I got the number 10. Thus, I'm voting for Varity.

(Note: For those of you curious, there are 16 people you can vote for, not including yourself. So just go over to google, type a huge random number out followed by %16= and you get a number from 0 to 15. For example, "15862194873847%16=" would give you 7. Don't forget, this is from 0 to 15, so add 1 and you have yourself a completely random vote)
I'm special!
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

I am pulling my vote for Mark.

Going with Grund's analysis, I vote Chaosraven
Hodor.
Mark

Post by Mark »

I have been wrestling with my inner demons. The thought of sending a potentially innocent man to his death vexes me so. And I understand the mentality of choosing those who did not have a chance to participate.

Noting this, I withdraw my original vote for J.D.

I vote that Chaosraven is the vampire! I still cannot dismiss out of hand his original 'slip' - it sounds and looks extremely suspicious.

I am also concerned that many others have not provided input to the game so far. Where is Leigh, Verity and the others?
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

A quick rule clarification from an questioner who shall remain anonymous. The question was: If the Fearless Vampire Hunter protects one of the two chosen as beta vampires, are they protected from the evil undead curse, and are they not put on the team with the other vampires?

The answer is: The alpha vampire has already infected his two teammates, on the same night he slew poor, featherbrained Myopis Punderheimer. Thus, the FVH could very well end up protecting a Vampire without either the protector or protectee knowing as much.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Someone do something vampirish so I can stake you.
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

I'm playing Castlevania right now if that counts.
I'm special!
Itsatrap

Post by Itsatrap »

If any of the villagers are robots in disguise, does the seer notice that they are More Than Meets The Eye? 8-)

- Alan
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

Itsatrap wrote:If any of the villagers are robots in disguise, does the seer notice that they are More Than Meets The Eye? 8-)

- Alan
Yay! Another red-shirted volunteer!

Eeks, could this be some sort of trap?

At this moment, I vote to lynch:Chris Grenard for his playing choices:
Chris LeVampire Grenard wrote:I'm playing Castlevania right now if that counts.
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. "
Mae West
Crux

Post by Crux »

I withdraw my vote for Grund, and instead vote for Chaosraven.
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Cool.

We withdraw our vote for MARK

:twisted:

Ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Mark

Post by Mark »

Four pages, huh?

While my vote remains with Chaosraven for now, I have received information from someone who claims he is innocent. However, I have also received information that claims (with a little too much vigour) that he is from the ranks of the undead.

That second individual knows who they are.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

The PMs that I have received expose at least one contradiction.

I am not the Fearless Vampire Hunter.

If you are the Fearless Vampire Hunter, protecting me from death tonight (and possibly tomorrow night) is the only way to ensure that the non-Vampire team will have a chance to leverage the information I have obtained.

If you are the Fearless Vampire Hunter, you don't have to tell me so at this point. However, it would be a good play to protect me for now.

If you are a Freemason: So far, only noxiousdog has claimed to be a Freemason (thus conspicuously marking himself as a target unless he gains supernatural protection). If noxiousdog is lying, the two Freemasons know this since they know one another.

If you are a Freemason, recognize this: one of you must stay undercover. The other, however, must out noxiousdog (either in the thread or via PMs) at once if he is lying. Not doing so will leave the strong impression that noxiousdog is a Freemason and trust will develop around him. That's fine if and only if he's a Freemason. If, however, he's a liar and the Freemasons don't figure out a way to out him, they're setting up themselves and everyone else (except Vampires) for a disastrous fall.

(Of course, maybe I am the FVH or a Freemason, but that would be too clever by half, don't you think?)
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Grundbegriff wrote: (Of course, maybe I am the FVH or a Freemason, but that would be too clever by half, don't you think?)
Or maybe you're a vampire. You may or may not know it.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Ok Chaosraven May Zeus have mercy on you.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

noxiousdog wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote: (Of course, maybe I am the FVH or a Freemason, but that would be too clever by half, don't you think?)
Or maybe you're a vampire. You may or may not know it.
Exactly. Grund is making a HUGE, HUGE play based on the assumption that he won't be a Beta Vamp after the first lynching.

This outrageous play makes me highly suspicious.
Hodor.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

My vote for Mark is withdrawn for now...but I have my eyes on all of you :ninja:
Orinoco

Post by Orinoco »

If I was Alpha Vamp, I'd choose Grund as a team mate - that or kill him. That's assuming he isn't the Alpha himself...

The begining of this game is always hard, but I'll choose Grundbegriff as he either is or will be a vampire.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Right.

I'm going to bed, and will be back online in about nine hours from now. Please don't kill me while I'm gone, or mistake my silence for guilt.

My vote for Chaosraven still stands.

For the sucker-head: I had Thai tonight, cooked with plenty of garlic. Prey on me at your own risk!
J.D.

Post by J.D. »

Sorry, busy evening had me away from my computer. At this point I would like to withdraw my vote for Mark. I have two pages that I skimmed through, but I would like to read through them more carefully before condemning again.

I shall return.
setaside

Post by setaside »

Orinoco wrote:If I was Alpha Vamp, I'd choose Grund as a team mate - that or kill him. That's assuming he isn't the Alpha himself...

The begining of this game is always hard, but I'll choose Grundbegriff as he either is or will be a vampire.
This really worries me as well for the same reason. But, if the vamp is smart, he/she would NOT have chosen Grund and the mentality we are displaying is exactly why. There is NO way for the vamps to protect their own. However, they can kill whomever they choose at night. It would be in their best interest to pick somebody OTHER than Grund and just kill him the first night. He'd be a great asset but I don't think he'd survive as a vamp more than 1 night.

I'd suggest NOT voting for Grund right now.

I'd suggest that BOTH seers have a vision of Grund tonight. He's claimed to be a plain villager. If both seers have a vision of Grund and he turns up as something other than a villager, then they will know for certain that he is (or was turned into) a vampire. Take action then. But lynching Grund at this point in the game is very premature in my opinion.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I vote for Grundbegriff to get the stake. He's a good pick for the vampires, and that is really all we have to go on.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

So what's that, 2 votes for Grund and 4 or 5 for Chaosraven?
Hodor.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

pr0ner wrote:So what's that, 2 votes for Grund and 4 or 5 for Chaosraven?
I have 4 for chaosraven, 2 for grund, 1 for grenard, and 1 for varity.
Black Lives Matter

pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

noxiousdog wrote:
pr0ner wrote:So what's that, 2 votes for Grund and 4 or 5 for Chaosraven?
I have 4 for chaosraven, 2 for grund, 1 for grenard, and 1 for varity.
Has varity even posted since the game began?
Hodor.