"Sledge Hammer" DVD set - OMG this is hilarious!

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Giles Habibula

"Sledge Hammer" DVD set - OMG this is hilarious!

Post by Giles Habibula »

I can't believe I never caught this show when it was originally aired. Without a doubt the most politically incorrect series I've ever seen. This show would never fly in today's climate, and I'm surprised it was green-lighted for 2 seasons even back then, what with it's over the top violence and gun-worship. Course it was a spoof, but still...

Every episode I've watched thus far has had several one-liners and sight gags that just cracked me up. It won't appeal to everyone I know, but if you liked "Army of Darkness", I'm pretty sure you'd like this too.

Simply brilliant acting by David Rasche, who I'd never even heard of before, and a fine supporting cast.
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd
Hrdina

Post by Hrdina »

That show was some of my favorite lunchtime viewing during college.
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

Yeah, I loved this show. Makes me want to find out when this set will be released in region 2 :)
Where Cows Congregate - The Bovine Conspiracy
Vegetable Man

Post by Vegetable Man »

Yeah, I've got to get this one on DVD, my dad and I used to watch it all the time when I was a kid. Great show, always loved the intro where he whips out the bazooka. LOL!
wankerjr

Post by wankerjr »

Very funny show. Still holds up pretty well in this day and age. Well except for maybe the makeup & wardrobe that is obviously dated. I bought the set the week it came out but haven't had the time to go through all of them.
Yet another shameless plug..for something
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

I loved this show. Best Dirty Harry spoof ever.
CeeKay

Post by CeeKay »

hmmm..... after watching several of my favorite old shows on DVD I've noticed that they aren't all I thought they were. I'm wondering if I should risk shattering another childhood illusion.

BTW, did anyone read the Marvel comic book?
CeeKay has left the building. See him exclusively at Gaming Trend!
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

BTW, did anyone read the Marvel comic book?
I still have issue #2 with Spiderman.

Someone posted a link to a sledgehammer fan site that had all the info on the dvd and sledgehammer in general, back in the GG days. You may want to google it if you're on the fence about buying this set. I plan to get it as soon as I have some extra spending cash.
FTE