2024 Fundraising - $1192 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

Gilmore Girls

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

dangerballs

Gilmore Girls

Post by dangerballs »

Am I any less of a man for loving this show or thinking that either of those actresses is incredibly hot? And if so, where can I turn in my card, because I can't stop myself from watching this show?
bluefugue

Post by bluefugue »

Let the macho types squeak and gibber in the streets. I love Gilmore Girls -- it's the only TV show I make a point of watching every week (not counting endless Simpson reruns). And though they are both hot I'll definitely take Lauren Graham over Alexis Bledel. She's also a great actor and really carries the show with her personality (good supporting cast too, though).
Tscott

Post by Tscott »

I love Gilmore Girls. I've watched every single episode from the start and I'm not afraid to admit it. It just is the smartest written show on television. Just about every episode has a line that makes me laugh out loud, and some that amaze me that the writers would actually make that reference- One line that I always like to point to is when Lorelai says in the first season that she's tried talking to her mom (Emily) before, but all she hears is "Blah, blah, blah, Ginger" - which is a punch line to one of the funniest Far Side comics ever. In another episode they talk about renting The Godfather III on DVD just so they can listen to Francis Ford Coppola defend the casting of his daughter Sofia on the commentary track. It's the little things like that, along with the great characters that actually grow and evolve as the show progresses that keep me watching.
She's the puzzle piece behind the couch that makes the sky complete.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Tscott wrote:I love Gilmore Girls. It just is the smartest written show on television. Just about every episode has a line that makes me laugh out loud, and some that amaze me that the writers would actually make that reference-
<--- Guilty as charged. 8)
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Sigh. My wife watches this clap-trap. And "Charmed." And "Smallville." And probably the worst show on television, "7th Heaven."

Fortunately I've managed to avoid being sucked into her girl shows.

Except for Buffy and Angel. Damn!
Mitma

Post by Mitma »

Yellowking, sounds like your wife and I would get along. Zack makes fun of me for being addicted to the WB. :D
Carpe Diem
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

Mrs. Dramatist loves Gilmore Girls. It's her one can't miss show.

I like the show, it's very well written and can be very funny. The bunches and bunches of pop cultrue references make the show.
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Guy Incognito

Post by Guy Incognito »

The "manlier" way of getting your fix of Lauren Graham is to watch Bad Santa (warning: not wholesome, language has been known to make sailors blush, extremely hilarious in an offbeat sort of way, never laughed harder in my life).
CeeKay

Post by CeeKay »

Count me as another lover of this show, although I tend to catch it mostly in repeats.
CeeKay has left the building. See him exclusively at Gaming Trend!
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Guy Incognito wrote:The "manlier" way of getting your fix of Lauren Graham is to watch Bad Santa (warning: not wholesome, language has been known to make sailors blush, extremely hilarious in an offbeat sort of way, never laughed harder in my life).
I think the only time I really laughed during that movie was the boxing scene.
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
MHS

Post by MHS »

TTIWWOP
CeeKay

Post by CeeKay »

TTIWWOP

Yummy!
CeeKay has left the building. See him exclusively at Gaming Trend!
Guy Incognito

Post by Guy Incognito »

Bakhtosh wrote:
Guy Incognito wrote:The "manlier" way of getting your fix of Lauren Graham is to watch Bad Santa (warning: not wholesome, language has been known to make sailors blush, extremely hilarious in an offbeat sort of way, never laughed harder in my life).
I think the only time I really laughed during that movie was the boxing scene.
I'm willing to admit it wasn't conventional funny but after seeing one too many Christmas specials this movie has made it onto my list of what to watch every Christmas. I've told a lot of people about the movie and prefaced it by saying they probably wouldn't like it. The kid was great
Kid : Your beard's not real.
Willie : It was real, but I got sick and all the hair fell out.
Kid : How come?
Willie : I loved a woman who wasn't clean.
Kid : Mrs. Claus?
Willie : Actually it was her sister.
Sorry, not meaning to derail this thread :)
JR

Post by JR »

You know, for a long time I didn't really like Lauren Graham all that much. She annoyed the hell out of me on "Suddenly Susan" (I can't believe what I just admitted to having watched), I didn't watch "Gilmour Girls" because of it, and I never really found her particularly attractive.

But then I happen to watch her episode of "Celebrity Poker Challenge" on Bravo. I don't know if it was her personality, how she looked in the green dress, or what, but something went click in my head, and now she's on the short list of actresses I find smokin'. Then I watched Bad Santa, and now she's probably there for life.
Tscott

Post by Tscott »

JR wrote:She annoyed the hell out of me on "Suddenly Susan" (I can't believe what I just admitted to having watched),
I hated Suddenly Susan, so I don't remember seeing her there, but I do recall finding her hilariously funny as the cute and perky girlfriend to Richard in a few early episodes of Caroline in the City. Later she was on Newsradio. Both times I thought to myself, she's great I hope she gets her own show some day, and she did.
She's the puzzle piece behind the couch that makes the sky complete.
Crowley

Post by Crowley »

For those acquainted with the show, Ill summarize-

Mom - "witty comment"
Daughter - *tear*
Everyone else - "whatever"
JR

Post by JR »

Tscott wrote: I hated Suddenly Susan, so I don't remember seeing her there, but I do recall finding her hilariously funny as the cute and perky girlfriend to Richard in a few early episodes of Caroline in the City. Later she was on Newsradio. Both times I thought to myself, she's great I hope she gets her own show some day, and she did.
You are right, it was Caroline in the City not Suddenly Susan. I am getting my shitcoms confused, although I do remember her as perky and unbelievably annoying.
Teggy

Post by Teggy »

My girlfriend got me into it last season. Now I'm watching all the reruns on ABC Family.

I watch Gilmore Girls and ABC Family. They're coming to take away my man card.
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

Hate the show, actually. The dialogue forces way too hard to be all witty and intelligent. Lauren Graham is definitely hot, and Bad Santa is a REALLY funny movie.
Where Cows Congregate - The Bovine Conspiracy
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

Y'all can turn in your MAN cards at the door.