Working with offline files

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Working with offline files

Post by Bakhtosh »

I have offline file synch enabled at work since I often needs certain files available even if the network is down. One problem: I made a small access database for a mail merge, but now I'm getting an error anytime the PC tries to synch. It tells me that files of that type cannot be synchronized. That's fine, but I have to acknowledge that before the PC will shutdown.

I can usually delete the file from the offline files folder and keep that from happening, but it never shows up there, so that option is out.

I can rt click on the original file, and there's a make available offline option, but it's checked and greyed out.

Is there anyone out there who can help me out?

Thanks
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Can you do a straight COPY instead?

Sync I guess requires some sort of a lock on the file that DB files are not allowed to (else they lose all functionality).
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

I was able to go into the group policy settings and I think I told it to ignore all files of that type. Anyway, I didn't give me an error this time, so hopefully that worked.
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.