New FPS controller/gun

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

crumsteel

New FPS controller/gun

Post by crumsteel »

Interesting idea, but I don't think I will be getting one.

http://www.tomshardware.com/game/20041204/index.html
Defiant

Re: New FPS controller/gun

Post by Defiant »

crumsteel wrote:Interesting idea, but I don't think I will be getting one.

If I had a hammer....
Kyosho

Post by Kyosho »

While I don't always trust Tom's Hardware, this PistolMouse looks pretty cool. I'd love to try the thing. One thing though, the reviewer didn't mention how precise it was to aim in that sort of position. He said it felt better, but... I have some doubts. I'm going to look for some more reviews of it.
Atalante

Post by Atalante »

I don't know.

I mean at the moment, I can still claim to not be a huge geek if I have someone new round, I can sort of ease them into it over time.

With that thing, yah know, theres just no easy way 'round the subject. :wink:
"Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?"
Rich in KCK

Post by Rich in KCK »

They reviewed it in CGM and said it wasn't good at all. It looks like a gun but it still has to function like a mouse not a light gun, but Tom's probably said the same thing. CGM said because of the shape your hand cramps up and it is very uncomfortable when using it off to the side where your mouse normally would be, moving it directly in front of the screen didn't help much. They also said the right mouse button was awkward. In the end they said it is just a novelty not something you would actually want to use.
Windows95

Post by Windows95 »

I bet the thing will sell pretty well even if it is useless. All the news networks will buy them up so next time they film kids playing Grand Theft Auto they can make it look even more sinister.
Brian

Post by Brian »

It'd be too hard for me to resist the urge to pick it up off the desk and hold it in the typical Weaver grip. It probably wouldn't work that well that way.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln