Having a hankering for a 6800GT (made by Gigabyte)

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Having a hankering for a 6800GT (made by Gigabyte)

Post by $iljanus »

For some reason I was perusing the Newegg site for a video card. Then I saw that Freezer bought himself a card. So long story short, does anyone have a Gigabyte 6800GT and have any impressions they would like to share? Preliminary reviews have been positive and Newegg sells it for $390 + $5.00 shipping.

Thanks!
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Zekester

Post by Zekester »

Your 5900 not cuttin' the mustard any more?
Name the 3 branches of the US Government: "Judicial, legislative....I can twerk"
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Zekester wrote:Your 5900 not cuttin' the mustard any more?
Heh, it is actually. Just for some reason I had an urge to spend money on a computer part recently. I'm sure it will pass in time. But if the 6800's drop in price in 2005, I'm all over it for sure. They seem like nice cards from the reviews.

I think it was because of you mentioning a sweet deal on the 5900 FX which got me to buy it. Then it all went downhill from there when I "had" to build a new rig around the card... :doh: :lol:
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Freezer-TPF-

Post by Freezer-TPF- »

Hehe, wake up $iljanus. The newegg has you...

As you know, I got the eVGA 6800GT 2 weeks ago, and the sad part is that I haven't even had a chance to install it yet due to being sick, then traveling for the holidays, etc. I'll be putting it in Saturday though, and I will be glad to share my impressions then. 8)

I'm not a benchmark guy at all, but I ran my current untweaked P4 2.66 rig with my ti4200 and scored 11,472 in 3dmark01 and an amusing 1,487 in 3dmark03. (If I tried 3dmark05, it would probably just play an .mp3 of canned laughter.) Should be fun to compare that with the 6800GT!
When the sun goes out, we'll have eight minutes to live.
Freezer-TPF-

Post by Freezer-TPF- »

When the sun goes out, we'll have eight minutes to live.