GoGamers version of HL2, odd thing.

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Rich in KCK

GoGamers version of HL2, odd thing.

Post by Rich in KCK »

Well I think it was Thanksgiving night when I found out about GoGamer selling HL2 for $35. I hadn't bought the game yet since I hadn't finished rebuilding my PC to play it on so I went ahead and ordered it.

I actually thought that the retail versions of the game came with a small manual and may or may not be on DVD-Roms. My HL2 showed up today since I chose media mail it took about 12 days. Funny thing is usually games from GoGamer in my experience come in the DVD case packaging found in Europe. My HL2 came in the old style big box, all that was inside of it was 5 paper sleeve cd's and a small notecard with the commands on it. But I figure once I put the card away and install the game it won't be any different from anyone elses version of the game but it did make me wonder what the hell I was holding out for besides the price being cheaper.

On the bottom of the box it says Asia-Pacific version, I hope this doesn't mean I'm in for anything bad.
CSL

Post by CSL »

The five CDs and paper insert were all I got as well in store.
Windows95

Post by Windows95 »

Yes, you need to pay extra for the collector's edition which includes all those fancy things we used to take for granted like a manual (sort of, more like a teaser for their strat guide and art book), a CD case (wow, made of 100% genuine plastic) and the game on one DVD instead of multiple CDs. It was expensive, but at least it gave me something to hold in my hands on day one while Steam didn't want me to play the game.
D.A.Lewis

Post by D.A.Lewis »

Thanks Win - Hilarious
CeeKay

Post by CeeKay »

Yep, no manual... I don't know if I can handle it... FPS's are always so complicated.. I may not be able to figure out how to shoot or move left... ;)
CeeKay has left the building. See him exclusively at Gaming Trend!
Freezer-TPF-

Post by Freezer-TPF- »

CeeKay,

Left mouse click, A.

HTH,
Freezer
When the sun goes out, we'll have eight minutes to live.