Scanner recommendations?

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Boudreaux

Scanner recommendations?

Post by Boudreaux »

Can anyone recommend a good scanner for WinXP? We have an HP scanjet that worked fine under Win98 but HP's WinXP drivers are horrendous. It frequently quits working, and when it does the scan quality is atrocious. It sucks because it was a great scanner and used to work fine. However, it appears that we're in need of a newer one.

Any recommendations? I'd like to keep it under $150-$200, we don't need anything really fancy or super-high quality. Usage is mostly for scanning in documents for copying or photos for archiving. I'm mostly looking for scanners that you're using under WinXP with good results and no problems.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

At home I'm using a Cannon (Canoscan or some ridiculous name like that) Lide 30. No frills, simple USB scanner. Runs fine in XP Pro. Picked it up because it was cheap ($25 after MIR) and small. Comes with a stand so you can set it up sideways. Not the easiest way to scan but keeps it out of the way for storage and you can just lay it down flatbed if you have serious scanning to do.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Kasey Chang

I use a UMAX scanner

Post by Kasey Chang »

Works fine so far.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds