How do you find time to game?

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Spike

Post by Spike »

Jeff V wrote:
Spike wrote:Note: I didn't buy it. I got a review copy which lasted about forty-five seconds before being wrenched from the CD drive and, uh, 'lost' forever.
We're still waiting for that review, Spike. :P
Thankfully, it was unsolicited. I doubt I would ever have asked for that. *shudder*
"The avalanche has already begun. It is too late for the pebbles to vote." - Kosh
Greggy_D

Post by Greggy_D »

I have a wife and 3 month old. I usually play when they go to bed. Otherwise I get blamed for not spending "quality family time" with them. Sometimes I'll take a day off work and become a gluttonous gaming fool for that day.

But overall, the time I spend gaming is probably 1/20th of what it was 5 years ago.
"Whoaaaaaa man. You're totally covered in glass salad." .....Smooth B's stoned neighbor
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

Spike wrote:
Jow wrote:she'd subtly belittle me about it ("babies must play" sort of approach).
Incidentally, this is because those women don't understand how you could possibly find something other than shopping or spending time with them of interest. The last girl who tried that approach with me found herself belittled for shoe shopping. Loudly. In public.

She stopped trying to change my habits.
I agree, Spike. I don't have a lot of interest in spending "quality time" with people who put down my leisure activities. I should be tolerant of differences and I am outwardly. Inwardly, I just write those kinds of folks off as "idiots".
Jow

Post by Jow »

I hear ya, Spike. I did something similar (she's big into romance novels and cheesy "80 ways to make your man happy in bed" mags like Cosmopolitan. Talk about a golden opportunity). The condescension stopped REAL quick.
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

Of all the games I own, I thought "Grim Fandango" would be one I could get my girlfriend interested in so we could play it together, with her helping with advice on what to do next. So I sat in my desk chair, she pulled up the recliner as close as possible, and we began.

A few minutes into it, and I was already hopelessly stuck. I had never played the game before and generally suck at adventure puzzle games.

After flailing away and muttering under my breath for a while, I finally asked her to go to the bookcase and get the strategy guide.

No response.

She was sound asleep.

I quit the game, loaded up "Soldier of Fortune 2", and that magically woke her up. :)
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd