More bargain bin diving, yeah!

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Kasey Chang

More bargain bin diving, yeah!

Post by Kasey Chang »

Went to EB for more bargain bin diving.... Found FBI Hostage Rescue for $2.99 and Soldier of Fortune Platinum for $2.99. Add tax, and it's like $8, not bad for about a weeks worth of shooting.

Actually finished SOF1 earlier today. This is action all the way. Who cares about reality? Not in a game that tacks your head shots, throat shots, and "nether region shots". We're talking about a game where a shot can take a man's head off, or limbs off, and so on. He-he-he. I'm sure it's kinda amusing the first couple times you see the effect, but it's ho-hum afterwards.

I mean, come on. Since when would a three-round burst take off both legs of an enemy so he flops around on two stumps before keeling over?

Then there's the infamous "screaming after a headshot removed that entire... extension" bug.

Can't get the FBI Hostage Rescue to run right. Frame rate is too slow and movement is too jerky to be playable.
gorham09

Post by gorham09 »

Kasey, were you able to actually get FBI to work with proper graphics (even if they were painfully slow). I picked this one up only to discover that it was more or less incompatible with ATI cards. I was on a mission to get it to work- but was never successful.
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

I always get a kick out of turning on the dismemberment code in Jedi Outcast and then cutting someone's head off. Sometimes they'll stay screaming, and it's like, "How?" It makes me laugh though.

I swear I'm not evil.
Downwards Compatible
We're playing every NES game alphabetically! Even the crappy ones! Send help!