Sager: Good?

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Orpheo

Sager: Good?

Post by Orpheo »

I see some good buzz about them...anyone have firsthand experience?
EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

I don't have firsthand experience but several people on GG liked them quite a bit. I found them a bit on the expensive side but they are quite fast. They were one of the first to make a high-performance laptop.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Not sure if you know it or not, Orph, but http://talknotebooks.com is run by Sager folks and has a boatload of experiences and tweaks for all the major notebook brands. Folks over there are a bit extra-nutty (in a happy way) for Sagers, as those're the folks who sponsor the website, but if you want to do serious research yourself, that'd be my suggestion. I'll echo EH3k's impressions, above, however.

~Neal
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Beer Goggles

Post by Beer Goggles »

Sager good.
Orpheo

Post by Orpheo »

OK!
Orpheo

Post by Orpheo »

Oh and how long after an order is placed do they ship? Couldn't find any info on that on their site.
Ranulf

Post by Ranulf »

These guys in nevada sell sager machines and are supposedly good. http://www.powernotebooks.com/index.php3
Beer Goggles

Post by Beer Goggles »

Orpheo wrote:Oh and how long after an order is placed do they ship? Couldn't find any info on that on their site.
For me, it was only a few days. I guess it depends on your configuration.
Meghan

Post by Meghan »

Beer Goggles, what sort of Sager do you have? I'm thinking about the Sager 3790 (15", 1.8 gzh(Pent-M), 1gb ram, Radeon 9700) I'm a little nervous about their warranty system (or lack thereof.) Ordinarily I don't bother with warranties but since this is going to be a highly mobile book I'd like to get a good one.
If I ventured in the slipstream / between the viaducts of your dream

aka merneith, aka kylhwch
Orpheo

Post by Orpheo »

Ordered, and when, one week later, there was still no confirmation e-mail and no information other than "In Process" on the website, I called and was informed that it was back-ordered, and that it might come in "any day now!". Cancelled and went to Dell.
gellar

Post by gellar »

Orpheo wrote:Ordered, and when, one week later, there was still no confirmation e-mail and no information other than "In Process" on the website, I called and was informed that it was back-ordered, and that it might come in "any day now!". Cancelled and went to Dell.
Man. You suck at buying computers.
OMGHI2U
"I guess we're all retarded except you Gellar." - Kobra
"I'm already doomed to the seventh level of hell. If you think I wouldn't kill a person of my choosing for $50 mil, you obviously have no clue just how expensive my taste in shoes really is." - setaside
#gonegold brutesquad
Beer Goggles

Post by Beer Goggles »

Meghan wrote:Beer Goggles, what sort of Sager do you have? I'm thinking about the Sager 3790 (15", 1.8 gzh(Pent-M), 1gb ram, Radeon 9700) I'm a little nervous about their warranty system (or lack thereof.) Ordinarily I don't bother with warranties but since this is going to be a highly mobile book I'd like to get a good one.
I bought a 8887 in July 2003 from PC Torque. Mine came with a year warranty.
Meghan

Post by Meghan »

thanks - I'm looking into PC torque as well. So yours has held up well, I take it.
If I ventured in the slipstream / between the viaducts of your dream

aka merneith, aka kylhwch
Beer Goggles

Post by Beer Goggles »

Meghan wrote:thanks - I'm looking into PC torque as well. So yours has held up well, I take it.
Not one problem. It is my main rig so it gets a ton of use including gaming and DVD player. It gets transported everywhere and it has survived.