Import Fun! Torneko 3 on the GBA

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

LordGek

Import Fun! Torneko 3 on the GBA

Post by LordGek »

Hey Gang,

I'm clearly NOT WELL! Torneko: The Last Hope was, hands down, my favorite console game ever made! I had tried to wait patiently for its sequel, Torneko Adventures 3: Mysterious Dungeon to be released on the PS2 but, since Roguelikes don't sell for shit in North America, this never came to be. So, for the love of all that is Torneko, I'm going to try and fumble through this Japanese game. I remember back in the day I was able to get through most of Chocobo's Dungeon with a good FAQ in hand so I'm sure this too will be possible even with the language barrier.

My question to you folk, are there folk out there familiar with the game and free to answer questions should they come up?

Thanks in Advance!
Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan
LordGek

Hey, LordGek, did you see this?

Post by LordGek »

Hey LordGek,

Did you see this? Here are some Item FAQs to an earlier Chunsoft Mysterious Dungeon game on the DC with many of the same basic items.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/dreamca ... 13280.html
Chesspieceface

Post by Chesspieceface »

Torneko was fun. I don't think I could hang in Kanji though.
kind of like a cloud I was up way up in the sky and I was feeling some feelings that I couldn't believe; sometimes I don't believe them myself but I decided I was never coming down
LordGek

I hear ya...

Post by LordGek »

Its only extreme fanatical sickness that drove me over the edge to try it and it is a bit of a pain...but there are times, a lot like when you're really getting into a subtitled film, you almost forget all the text is near complete gibberish (at least to me). Many new creatures and even some of the old ones with new powers. One subtle new tweak is with all of the knights. They're smart enough NOT to walk right up to you. They'll come up and stop one space away. If you want to fight them you'll need to approach them and let them get the first blow! One new creature is some sort of shape shifter. On his own he's pretty nasty, very hard to hit and he'll occassionally turn into a huge sword as he attacks you for massive damage BUT, even more fun, if he's standing next to some creature with a fun ability, he'll often clone their special attack. Goopies (those little mud hands) are even cooler now! One of their favorite new tricks is to "slap your pack" (kind of like a mini trip trap) and if any of your items fall onto him or his cluster of his Goopi brethern they'll instantly toss the item right back at you (doing damage, causing an unwanted herb effect, or just plain wasting some valued scroll).
LordGek

Okay, how about this?

Post by LordGek »

Hey Guys!

BIGGEST DISCOVERY YET!

Here is a COMPREHENSIVE Torneko 3 FAQ!!
http://www.pegasusknight.com/mb/tr3/

BUT its in Japanese. ;-(

Not to worry, though, here is a good translation site:
http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/web/

Now put the first webpage in there but before hitting the BIG BUTTON, make sure you select the right side little check thingy (the ladder --> the space invader) and the second option from the pulldown menu to the right (this will give you English translations RIGHT UNDER the original Japanese text).