THANK YOU! 2024 Fundraising Completed - $2095 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

Political Randomness

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Blackhawk

Re: Political Randomness

Post by Blackhawk »

A surprising number of women around here fully embrace it. They go so far with it that I was soundly criticized for being a stay-at-home dad when the kids were younger - I was told more than once that I was harming my kids by staying home with them instead of working and letting their mother stay home.

My responses were a careful blend of informative and fuckoffitive.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Blackhawk wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:01 am A surprising number of women around here fully embrace it. They go so far with it that I was soundly criticized for being a stay-at-home dad when the kids were younger - I was told more than once that I was harming my kids by staying home with them instead of working and letting their mother stay home.

Funny post for the top of a page. What exactly are they embracing? Hot lesbian sex? Live action role playing? Blow jobs? Lazy minds want to know.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Blackhawk wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:01 am A surprising number of women around here fully embrace it. They go so far with it that I was soundly criticized for being a stay-at-home dad when the kids were younger - I was told more than once that I was harming my kids by staying home with them instead of working and letting their mother stay home.

My best friend from high school was a stay-at-home dad before anyone had heard of such a thing. His dad disowned him because his wife was the man of the house. His dad was an asshole on other levels as well. Like, the day my friend turned 18 his belongings were piled on the front lawn and he was no longer allowed in his parents' house. Sink or swim, son.

Sorry to read that prejudice against career women still exists in red America. I wouldn't have guessed it, but I live in a damned matriarchy where most of our state offices are held by uppity women and our governor is a lesbian. :lol:
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

A relatively close high school friend married very young to a dentist (another girl from our school, but graduated before us) and he stayed home with the kids while she worked. When I was younger I didn't have very supportive thoughts on this as I couldn't believe a man would just...not work. Today? That guy had it all figured out. Good job Peter.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Kraken wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:41 am My best friend from high school was a stay-at-home dad before anyone had heard of such a thing. His dad disowned him because his wife was the man of the house. His dad was an asshole on other levels as well. Like, the day my friend turned 18 his belongings were piled on the front lawn and he was no longer allowed in his parents' house. Sink or swim, son.

Sorry to read that prejudice against career women still exists in red America. I wouldn't have guessed it, but I live in a damned matriarchy where most of our state offices are held by uppity women and our governor is a lesbian. :lol:
My goal was to be a stay at home dad. After the ex finished school, her plans for my ambitions changed. It's probably for the best. I don't think I'da been a great father. I don't have the temperament for people, much less undeveloped people. I'da made an excellent homemaker without children, though. After stopping at 35+ years of work, I'm finally getting in the groove, even as I don't have the energy after the stress and laziness of sitting at a desk for 25+ of them.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Trump today (yesterday?) "Truthed" a video of victorious headlines in a future newspaper celebrating a "united Reich," along with other Nazi signifiers such as a celebration of Order bringing minorities to heel. It's clear that the younger staffers running Trump's media are fascists who spend most of their lives on #chan.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

What's interesting about that video he "Truthed" (?) is that the Reich part is really subtle - it's sort of a blurry background element in the montage of newspaper headlines that are promoting how awesome another Presidency will be if he's re-elected. I'm guessing that's for the plausible deniability part but that the devoted masses can then go bonkers with his "secret message" as they high five each other in the dark corners of the internet.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Holman wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 7:51 pm Trump today (yesterday?) "Truthed" a video of victorious headlines in a future newspaper celebrating a "united Reich," along with other Nazi signifiers such as a celebration of Order bringing minorities to heel. It's clear that the younger staffers running Trump's media are fascists who spend most of their lives on #chan.
The official statement is that it was a staffer but no reason to believe that. Trump has notoriously tight control over his own account and often retweets/retruths shit with only a cursory glance. The same official statement also said that the real Nazi was Biden due to how he's handled Israel/Hamas. It's all whatever bullshit they feel like spewing.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Everything's an accident or something someone misinterpreted or something taken out of context. His dumbass supporters might buy that but he's a fool if he thinks any reasonable person thinks he keeps just innocently stumbling into racist/fascist themes. If it walks like a duck, etc.
waitingtoconnect

Post by waitingtoconnect »

It’s narcissism plain and simple. A large proportion of today’s population are happy to troll like this as long as it means “winning”.

Maga is a cult of narcissists.

We don’t celebrate community anymore like we used to. It’s all about what I want, in the words of Homer Simpson, “My enjoyment”. Greed is good. It’s my right to fire my bullets anywhere I like, to ignore precautions and get anyone sick that I want to, to sit as a middle man and extract wealth from others for no effort of my own. To mock those who serve our country as soldiers as idiots or those who serve our communities as front line workers as fools or greedy for wanting a cost of living pay rise. We celebrate the grifters and the stock market manipulators and the users of the intellectual capital of others as CEO-Monarchs or worse elect them president.

And meanwhile in Florida…man had to leave Florida with his Australian wife because no one would deliver their baby because it was a high risk pregnancy!

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/paren ... f0e3596b49
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Ok, this is new...
Republican National Committee headquarters under lockdown after being sent two vials of blood
I have absolutely NO idea what the heck this is, so into political randomness it goes!
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Sounds like someone was just being creative with donations for the GOP parasites.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Smoove_B wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:12 am Sounds like someone was just being creative with donations for the GOP parasites.
I mean sure, but why 2 vials? I don't get it. I'm almost more inclined to think a staffer needed fake blood for a drug test. ;)

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Pyperkub wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:16 am
Smoove_B wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:12 am Sounds like someone was just being creative with donations for the GOP parasites.
I mean sure, but why 2 vials? I don't get it. I'm almost more inclined to think a staffer needed fake blood for a drug test. ;)
One from Angelina and one from Billy Bob, I assume.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

You people are delusional if you don't think that was two vials of Adrenochrome sent to the wrong address. It was SUPPOSED to go to the DNC.
Now depoliticized.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

waitingtoconnect wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:12 pm It’s narcissism plain and simple. A large proportion of today’s population are happy to troll like this as long as it means “winning”.

Maga is a cult of narcissists.

We don’t celebrate community anymore like we used to. It’s all about what I want, in the words of Homer Simpson, “My enjoyment”. Greed is good. It’s my right to fire my bullets anywhere I like, to ignore precautions and get anyone sick that I want to, to sit as a middle man and extract wealth from others for no effort of my own. To mock those who serve our country as soldiers as idiots or those who serve our communities as front line workers as fools or greedy for wanting a cost of living pay rise. We celebrate the grifters and the stock market manipulators and the users of the intellectual capital of others as CEO-Monarchs or worse elect them president.
They demand absolute freedom in all things without any acknowledgement of the societal responsibilities and expectations that come with that sort of freedom (i.e. empathy for others, actually giving a shit about people and communities, generally not being a gaping asshole in every situation, etc.).
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

waitingtoconnect wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:12 pm

And meanwhile in Florida…man had to leave Florida with his Australian wife because no one would deliver their baby because it was a high risk pregnancy!

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/paren ... f0e3596b49
Not sure if that is a Florida thing or what but that makes little sense to me. The thread talks about being "blacklisted?" How is that even possible without massive HIPAA violations?

All I can think of is that qualified OBs are fleeing Florida due to their abortion bans.

I'm glad they got taken care of in Australia but he probably didn't have to go that far.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Could the blacklist he mentions just be a euphemism for a shit list kept by republicans that then use that list to hassle doctors and nurses?
Now depoliticized.
waitingtoconnect

A high risk pregnancy can mean the baby dies in utero which means high chances of being sued by the parents and an equally high chance of being investigated by overzealous state authorities because heaven knows God would never kill a baby in the womb.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Saw this comment in a video showing how dumb tRump supporters are....
If Trump doesn't insult your intelligence you probably don't have ANY! Make America Trumpless!
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

waitingtoconnect wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:55 pm A high risk pregnancy can mean the baby dies in utero which means high chances of being sued by the parents and an equally high chance of being investigated by overzealous state authorities because heaven knows God would never kill a baby in the womb.
Indeed, The "blacklist" part could just be him inferring that they're on some sort of blacklist because they were rejected by so many practices. So he may just be inferring that they're on a blacklist when in fact they were independently rejected by practices for largely the same reasons. Not that that would be much better.
Black Lives Matter.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

In the video I was watching and got that comment from the interviewer asked people out promoting adoption if they had adopted and every one of them were "Nope not me".

They want to force women to carry to term then have them give them up for adoptions as the right way to do things while not doing any adopting themselves. Its someone else's problem then to them.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

My wife grew up in the foster care system. As much as the pro-life people want you to believe adoption is all sunshine and roses, she lived through years of abuse before she was adopted. And I'd argue her adoptive mother was (and still is) mentally abusive.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Good gravy.
Schools in Louisiana could soon be required by law to display the Ten Commandments in every classroom.

The state House of Representatives gave final passage to House Bill 71 on Tuesday in a 79-16 vote, sending it to Republican Gov. Jeff Landry’s desk. Only Democrats voted against the legislation.

If the governor signs it into law, every Louisiana classroom — from kindergarten through university level — at schools that receive state funding would be required to display “on a poster or framed document that is at least eleven inches by fourteen inches. The text of the Ten Commandments shall be the central focus of the poster or framed document and shall be printed in a large, easily readable font,” according to the text of the bill.
I really can't believe how far we have fallen.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Lets see how far backwards we can throw ourselves!
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

stessier wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 4:31 pm Good gravy.
Schools in Louisiana could soon be required by law to display the Ten Commandments in every classroom.

The state House of Representatives gave final passage to House Bill 71 on Tuesday in a 79-16 vote, sending it to Republican Gov. Jeff Landry’s desk. Only Democrats voted against the legislation.

If the governor signs it into law, every Louisiana classroom — from kindergarten through university level — at schools that receive state funding would be required to display “on a poster or framed document that is at least eleven inches by fourteen inches. The text of the Ten Commandments shall be the central focus of the poster or framed document and shall be printed in a large, easily readable font,” according to the text of the bill.
Methinks the Satanic Temple needs to petition the Louisiana courts for equal exposure.
Holman

Post by Holman »

I have seen a preacher tell a congregation that the 10 commandments were a completely new set of rules, and that before they were delivered to Moses all human societies had no prohibitions against murder, theft, lying, etc.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Lawsuit incoming!

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Holman wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 6:58 pm
I have seen a preacher tell a congregation that the 10 commandments were a completely new set of rules, and that before they were delivered to Moses all human societies had no prohibitions against murder, theft, lying, etc.
Does that mean that between the time of Moses and the time of Jesus, only Israelites had prohibitions against murder etc.?
Black Lives Matter.
Holman

Post by Holman »

El Guapo wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 7:07 pm
Does that mean that between the time of Moses and the time of Jesus, only Israelites had prohibitions against murder etc.?
That's implied. There's a weird "Israel as the light of all nations" in Evangelicalism that suggests that true morality began with the Israelites and expanded outward. (For example, the Noah's ark story is predicated on the notion that literally every human on Earth in his time, with the exception of pre-Abrahamic Noah and his family, was morally depraved and totally deserving of watery execution.)

Mostly I think it's just the same complete lack of historical imagination that allows one to base one's sense of human experience entirely on Biblical literalism.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Holman wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 7:24 pm
That's implied. There's a weird "Israel as the light of all nations" in Evangelicalism that suggests that true morality began with the Israelites and expanded outward. (For example, the Noah's ark story is predicated on the notion that literally every human on Earth in his time, with the exception of pre-Abrahamic Noah and his family, was morally depraved and totally deserving of watery execution.)

Mostly I think it's just the same complete lack of historical imagination that allows one to base one's sense of human experience entirely on Biblical literalism.
It kind of makes Rome's rise all the more impressive, considering that they managed to get organized and conquer most of Europe and North Africa while apparently everyone walking around Rome was free to kill anyone on a whim.
Black Lives Matter.
Holman

Post by Holman »

It's also a nice set-up for the presumption of inherent moral superiority over everyone not on the Jerusalem-Rome-Europe axis.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

YellowKing wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 4:03 pm My wife grew up in the foster care system. As much as the pro-life people want you to believe adoption is all sunshine and roses, she lived through years of abuse before she was adopted. And I'd argue her adoptive mother was (and still is) mentally abusive.
One of my best friends left the system at 18 after several foster stints. His damages run deep.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Holman wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 7:24 pm (For example, the Noah's ark story is predicated on the notion that literally every human on Earth in his time, with the exception of pre-Abrahamic Noah and his family, was morally depraved and totally deserving of watery execution.)
Luckily, the humans on ship were still incestuous.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I realized tonight while watching Lower Decks that the Pakleds are Trump supporting MAGAs.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Blackhawk wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 11:11 pm
Holman wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 7:24 pm (For example, the Noah's ark story is predicated on the notion that literally every human on Earth in his time, with the exception of pre-Abrahamic Noah and his family, was morally depraved and totally deserving of watery execution.)
Luckily, the humans on ship were still incestuous.
Now depoliticized.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Nah, I'm pretty sure he meant that we needed to get back to that time, when honoring murderers was well and good, and people like Daniel Perry and Kyle Rittenhouse were celebrated for it....

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Arlington National Cemetery Turns Away "Ashli Babbitt Memorial Stone" Truck
On Memorial Day, some January 6th parents attempted to drive a truck with an "Ashli Babbitt Memorial Stone" into Arlington National Cemetery.
Ben Pollock, the father of two January 6th rioters who were captured by the FBI in January, created the memorial stone and drove it from Florida, according to a livestream posted to YouTube.

Their January 6th memorial stone has the names of four non-police officers that died on January 6th, Ashli Babbitt, Benjamin Phillips, Rosanne Boyland, and Kevin Greeson, along with "in honor of the ones who lost their lives on January 6th, 2021." Rosanne Boyland's name is spelled wrong on the stone as "Roseanne."

The groups was turned away by at the entrance.
When the truck stopped, Pollock got out and stated that Ashli Babbit should be buried in Arlington National Cemetery "right up there with Mr. Lee," an apparent reference to Robert E. Lee whose estate was converted to a cemetery after the Civil War.

While Confederate General Lee's estate was used for the cemetery, he is actually buried at Washington and Lee University.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 6:26 pm Arlington National Cemetery Turns Away "Ashli Babbitt Memorial Stone" Truck
On Memorial Day, some January 6th parents attempted to drive a truck with an "Ashli Babbitt Memorial Stone" into Arlington National Cemetery.
Ben Pollock, the father of two January 6th rioters who were captured by the FBI in January, created the memorial stone and drove it from Florida, according to a livestream posted to YouTube.

Their January 6th memorial stone has the names of four non-police officers that died on January 6th, Ashli Babbitt, Benjamin Phillips, Rosanne Boyland, and Kevin Greeson, along with "in honor of the ones who lost their lives on January 6th, 2021." Rosanne Boyland's name is spelled wrong on the stone as "Roseanne."

The groups was turned away by at the entrance.
When the truck stopped, Pollock got out and stated that Ashli Babbit should be buried in Arlington National Cemetery "right up there with Mr. Lee," an apparent reference to Robert E. Lee whose estate was converted to a cemetery after the Civil War.

While Confederate General Lee's estate was used for the cemetery, he is actually buried at Washington and Lee University.
They tried to desecrate ARLINGTON with their traitor bullshit??

I hope the Honor Guard carries live ammo.
waitingtoconnect

Excepting its proven that the ten commandants are derived from the sect of an ancient Egyptian goddess.

Ma’at was the Ancient Egyptian Goddess of the Divine Principles of Truth, Justice, and Righteousness.

And it makes sense this would happen. Moses was raise in the Egyptian aristocracy, the Hebrew rebellion took them out of Egypt so Egyptian influence would have been significant.
Last edited by waitingtoconnect on Thu May 30, 2024 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.