Disney+ Renegade Nell

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

hepcat

Disney+ Renegade Nell

Post by hepcat »

Read some glowing reviews of this English fantasy/history/superhero show that just showed up on Disney+ and I ended up watching the first episode. It’s really quite good. A woman in 1700s England with supernatural abilities becomes a highwayman….er …highwaywomen….to avenge crimes against her family.

The fight scenes are top notch, and the lead actress is just fantastically charming. It does include quite a bit of violence. Especially toward women, or at least Nell. But it’s gratifying to see her get back up and wipe the floor with everyone who does attack her. Two thumbs up.
He won. Period.
Daehawk

Re: Disney+ Renegade Nell

Post by Daehawk »

Heres the trailer since heps to0 good to post it :P

Last edited by Daehawk on Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Whoops, sorry. :oops:
He won. Period.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

The actress playing Nell played one of my favorite characters, Orla, on Derry Girls (another highly recommended show on Netflix). The family saw the first two episodes and we're loving it.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

I was just going to cancel my disney/hulu/espn+ subscription, too.
That sound of the spoon scraping over the can ribbing as you corral the last ravioli or two is the signal that a great treat is coming. It's the washboard solo in God's own
bluegrass band of comfort food. - LawBeefaroni
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I got a great deal over the holidays for a Hulu/Disney bundle I think I pay like 7 bucks a month for both. I have ads, but they don't bother me that much.
He won. Period.
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

Is this family friendly? Seems like something my daughter and I would enjoy.
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:34 pm Image
Oh, perfect. Thank you Is!
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:34 pm Image
Oh, perfect. Thank you Is!

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Glad to help.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I hadn't noticed before in that trailer that Joely Redgrave is in this. I'm looking forward to her appearance. She's always good.
He won. Period.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Watched the first episode. Was a lot of fun, I think my wife will enjoy this, so I'm going to check in with her and see if she wants to watch it together.

Oh, and I was surprised that it was darker then I was expecting. Unusual for most Disney fare...
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

It's written by the same woman who made Happy Valley, which could get a bit dark.

I was surprised to see Frank Delaney, who I called Johnny Depp-lite when he was on Fear the Walking Dead, show up. He seems like he's going for roles that don't play into his looks as he's decidedly unkempt in RN. He's also pretty funny in RN.
He won. Period.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

hepcat wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:41 pm It's written by the same woman who made Happy Valley, which could get a bit dark.

I was surprised to see Frank Delaney, who I called Johnny Depp-lite when he was on Fear the Walking Dead, show up. He seems like he's going for roles that don't play into his looks as he's decidedly unkempt in RN. He's also pretty funny in RN.
Skeet Ulrich wants his nickname back.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I’ve been called Don Knotts-lite myself.
He won. Period.
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

hepcat wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:41 pm It's written by the same woman who made Happy Valley, which could get a bit dark.

My daughter and I have seen the first two and she and I both actually like his character more than Nell. We also like the Rasselas/Roxy interactions. And the little red-head sister is frakkin adorable.

Lord Thomas is a right prick.

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I think Delaney is a good actor, to be honest. He obviously chafed at the awful writing on Fear the Walking Dead and got out of there when his contract was up. I give him props for that.
He won. Period.