Weird News Thread

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

hepcat

Weird News Thread

Post by hepcat »

Anyone else following the mysterious deaths of 3 Kansas City Chief fans in Kansas City recently?
Police have identified three men who were found dead behind a Kansas City home earlier this month.

Kansas City Missouri Police confirmed Clayton McGeeney, 36; Ricky Johnson, 38; and David Harrington, 37, were discovered dead on the night of Jan. 9 after the fiancée of one of the victims called police searching for her partner.

When officers arrived at the home they found a dead body on the back porch, police said. Officers then located two other dead bodies in the backyard.

Police said there were no obvious signs of foul play in the backyard.

Investigators are currently awaiting results from the medical examiner to determine the cause of death of the three men, according to police. The investigation is ongoing and no arrests have been made.

But speculation about the unusual circumstances surrounding the three men's death has spread online. A family member told CBS affiliate KCTV that McGeeney had made plans to see the Kansas City Chiefs game on Jan. 7 at a friend's house. "I'm not looking for anyone's head or anything, but my cousin was frozen to the dirt for two days," Alan McGeeney, Clayton's cousin, told KCTV. "It's gotten a lot of attention from everyone having questions but not a lot of attention from anyone having any action; it just seems strange."

An attorney of Jordan Willis, the owner of the home where the men were found, said his client went to bed after his friends left his house and does not know what happened to them after.

"Jordan had absolutely nothing to do with their deaths. He does not know the timing or manner of their deaths, nor does he know how or when they exited his house," the attorney, John Picerno, said in a statement to CBS News. "He had no knowledge that they remained in his backyard or that they needed medical attention. Had he known, he certainly would have called for help. The last time he saw them was when they left his house, and he went to bed."

Police said Willis was cooperative with detectives and, according to Picerno, Willis did not respond to family members who tried to get in contact with him because he was fast asleep.

"Prior to being contacted by police, he did not receive any phone calls or text messages from friends or family members of the deceased," Picerno said. "Two people came to his house; however, he did not hear them as he sleeps with air buds and a loud fan. One of those people, the wife of one of the deceased, tried to reach him via Facebook messenger; unfortunately, he did not see this message until after the police contacted him."

"Two of his friends parked their cars on the street and there were no cars parked in his driveway," Picerno added. "Jordan did not notice the cars in the street; however, it would not be unusual for his friends to have left their cars there overnight."

Willis is looking forward to getting answers regarding his friends' deaths and offered his condolences to their loved ones.

"Jordan is unaware of how his friends died. Like the rest of us, Jordan is anxiously awaiting the results of the autopsy and toxicology report," Picerno said. "On behalf of Jordan and his family, we wish to express our deepest sympathies to the friends and family members of these young men, and our thoughts and prayers are with them."
I'm guessing hypothermia after too much alcohol, but all three going the same way at about the same time seems odd.
He won. Period.
Moliere

Re: Weird News Thread

Post by Moliere »

Do we know where Taylor Swift was at the time of their deaths? Check their social media to see if they said anything bad about Kelce.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I...did not make that connection. :shock:

Do you believe it may have been a psyops operation? I'll check out Fox News to see if they have any more on this plausibly fascinating theory!
He won. Period.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I spent more time than I want to admit on why the families were casting aspersions on an NFL Defensive End.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

I can't imagine all three getting do drunk they pass out outside while their friend thought nothing of them leaving in such a state.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

If it's not foul play, I'd guess something chemical (other than alcohol.) Maybe something that had some, um... errors in its formulation.

/edit - or, more likely, alcohol (one article said that they arrived carrying two 30-packs) used to wash down a little sumtin' sumtin'.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

He killed them. Its there in the statement.
"Jordan had absolutely nothing to do with their deaths. He does not know the timing or manner of their deaths, nor does he know how or when they exited his house,
''
The last time he saw them was when they left his house, and he went to bed."
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Well, case closed then. :lol:

Detective Daehawk solves another one!
He won. Period.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Well, if you read it with an ominous late-night crime reality show voice, and insert some dramatic high-tension music at the right points, it kind of works.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I could totally see one guy getting hammered and succumbing to the cold. The friend not noticing the car on the street is a bit odd. But three at the same time? That is indeed weird. And it's also hard to believe they didn't have a group text or something and the friend didn't notice they all stopped chatting after a late night of drinking.

I'm just going to go out on a limb and say alcohol was involved, but I do think there's more to the story.

Definitely seems like something Mike Tyson would investigate. Maybe bring some hummus.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Blackhawk wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:59 pm Well, if you read it with an ominous late-night crime reality show voice, and insert some dramatic high-tension music at the right points, it kind of works.
...and wear a wrinkled beige rain coat! Don't forget the wrinkled beige rain coat!
Smoove_B wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:06 pm And it's also hard to believe they didn't have a group text or something and the friend didn't notice they all stopped chatting after a late night of drinking.
I wonder if there's a group chat between the three victims?
You cold?

Yeah, you?

Sure am.

Should we go someplace else?

Nah, I like this lawn chair a lot.
edit: i probably shouldn't make jokes about 3 tragic deaths. :oops:
He won. Period.
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:06 pm I could totally see one guy getting hammered and succumbing to the cold. The friend not noticing the car on the street is a bit odd. But three at the same time? That is indeed weird. And it's also hard to believe they didn't have a group text or something and the friend didn't notice they all stopped chatting after a late night of drinking.

I'm just going to go out on a limb and say alcohol was involved, but I do think there's more to the story.
Some kind of drugs where they were hallucinating and/or paranoid and left the house (except for the guy who owns the house so he could make it to bed even in the drug-induced stupor). Also, for the homeowner to not only remain unaware of the car in the street but also the dead bodies in his back yard over the course of 2 following days? Either he's involved or he was on some hard drugs where he was unconscious for the better part of those 2 days, and he doesn't want to admit to the police what it was that they were taking.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:06 pm
Definitely seems like something Mike Tyson would investigate. Maybe bring some hummus.
As long as they bring the Marquess of Queensbury, I'm okay with that.
Spoiler:
Note: Just a reminder, but the voice of the Marquess of Queensbury, Jim Rash, has an Academy Award.
He won. Period.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Having seen the effects first hand (security management in a resort with more than 1000 hotel rooms), there are absolutely some drugs which, when taken in conjunction with large amounts of alcohol, can drop people in their tracks. They walked in there with a dozen beers each, and likely had more booze around the house.

My #1 theory is still that they took something powerful, guzzled a bunch of cheap beer, and underestimated the effects of the two combined. Then it's something like this:

One guy feels it first and stumbles off to bed. The others go into the back yard for a smoke. One's kicking back in the deck chair. The others are out in the yard rolling around laughing, screwing around. They probably can't even feel the cold - or much of anything else. They look up at the sky for a few minutes enjoying the buzz... at which point the moment of silence becomes them passing out from the booze plus drugs plus low temperatures. The overnight temperatures around the time they went missing was ~32 degrees. At those temperatures, hypothermia would set in quickly (under 15 minutes), they'd be unconscious just from the temperature in half an hour (so even if the drugs wore off...), and death would be about an hour later.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Detective Daehawk and Inspector Blackhawk is the crime solving buddy comedy I never knew I needed until now. :wub:
He won. Period.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

This one is more gruesome and disturbing than weird.

Man films himself murdering a woman for his "followers" and the digital memory card is stolen by a prostitute he picked up afterwards.
“In my movies, everybody always dies,” the voice says on one video. "What are my followers going to think of me? People need to know when they are being serial-killed.”
Christ. This may be the first real snuff film I've ever heard of. Which is terrifying.
He won. Period.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

hepcat wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:06 pm
I mean, you do live in the home of the triple homicide, so it seems very apropos.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

hepcat wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:45 pm Detective Daehawk and Inspector Blackhawk is the crime solving buddy comedy I never knew I needed until now. :wub:
Hawk & Hawk Inc.

We'll need a cool vehicle and theme song...
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

gbasden wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:06 am
hepcat wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:06 pm
I mean, you do live in the home of the triple homicide, so it seems very apropos.
Nice catch. :lol:
He won. Period.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I work with a utility consulting company in Chicago and the latest news that people in the industry are talking about is how the guys behind the Ketchup Caddy managed to get into capacity auctions (simply put, MISO - Midcontinent Independent System Operator - act as intermediaries between energy buyers and sellers to help utilities meet peak demands via these annual auctions) and clear a million bucks over 3 years before getting caught. They basically just made up customers selling in the auctions and then accepted payments, and no one checked in on them for quite some time, apparently.

The guy who invented an in car ketchup holder, for Christ’s sake. :lol:
He won. Period.