Looking for software...

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Punisher

Looking for software...

Post by Punisher »

I may have to wipe my oc soon. It's been acting up lately. I'm still trying a few tjings but just in case, is there any software that will scan all my drives and come up with a list of installed software and their paths?
Just so I have a complete list to make sure I have all the software still.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Re: Looking for software...

Post by Zaxxon »

Assuming you're talking Windows, this is a quick-and-dirty Powershell script that will do it:

Code: Select all

# Get the registry keys for the installed software
$regKeys = Get-ItemProperty HKLM:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\* | Where-Object {$_.DisplayName -ne $null}

# Create an empty array to store the software information
$softwareList = @()

# Loop through each registry key and extract the name and install location of the software
foreach ($regKey in $regKeys) {
    # Create a custom object to store the name and install location
    $software = New-Object -TypeName PSObject
    $software | Add-Member -MemberType NoteProperty -Name Name -Value $regKey.DisplayName
    $software | Add-Member -MemberType NoteProperty -Name InstallLocation -Value $regKey.InstallLocation

# Add the custom object to the array
    $softwareList += $software
}

# Sort the array by name and display the result
$softwareList | Sort-Object Name | fl 
You could also export the results to a CSV by replacing the list output (fl) with export-csv c:\path\to\thefile.csv. Note that not all software will return an installation path (if the path differs by user, is a system-installed app, etc).
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Punisher wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:15 am I may have to wipe my oc soon. It's been acting up lately. I'm still trying a few tjings but just in case, is there any software that will scan all my drives and come up with a list of installed software and their paths?
Just so I have a complete list to make sure I have all the software still.
NirSoft's InstalledAppView
nirsoft.net wrote:Description

InstalledAppView is a tool for Windows 10 and Windows 11 that displays the details of Windows 11/10 apps installed on your system. For every Windows app, the following information is displayed: App Name, App Version, Registry Name, Registry Modified Time, Install Folder, Install Folder Owner, Uninstall Command, and more...

InstalledAppView allows you to load the Windows 11/10 apps list from your local system, remote computer on your network, and from external disk plugged to your computer.

InstalledAppView also allows you to view the XML files of the Windows app (AppxManifest.xml and AppxBlockMap.xml), uninstall apps, quietly uninstall apps, open the install folder of the app, and more...

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Thanks for the suggestions.
I think 5he nirsoft one might be easier for me to mess with since it seems to make the exact report I need.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Change of plans.
Nirsoft worked but was missing a LOT of programs, mostly games.
So I messed with the powershell script and once I got the export to work, the list was much better. It was also a lot cleaner.

Thanks again.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Awesome. Glad it worked out.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Is there any program or AI that cleans up old photos? I have a lot of digital photos with low rez, poor lighting, blurring, colors off, etc. I don't mean a program that lets me fix them, I want something that can take bad JPGs in one folder and spit improved JPGs into another.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Completely automated? Not aware of something completely automated.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Kraken wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:35 am Is there any program or AI that cleans up old photos? I have a lot of digital photos with low rez, poor lighting, blurring, colors off, etc. I don't mean a program that lets me fix them, I want something that can take bad JPGs in one folder and spit improved JPGs into another.
https://www.google.com/search?q=automated+photo+cleanup
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:31 pm
Kraken wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:35 am Is there any program or AI that cleans up old photos? I have a lot of digital photos with low rez, poor lighting, blurring, colors off, etc. I don't mean a program that lets me fix them, I want something that can take bad JPGs in one folder and spit improved JPGs into another.
https://www.google.com/search?q=automated+photo+cleanup
Those are all for removing unwanted elements. Maybe the tool I want doesn't exist yet.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Try 'AI photo upscaler'.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Blackhawk wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:14 am Try 'AI photo upscaler'.
Thanks! The one hit that I tried isn't quite what I'm looking for, but it's on the right track. Will try a few others. (I added "free" to the search. :) )
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I tried out several of the free image enhancers and found this one to be the best. It limits you to five free images per day; the other sites only give you three.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'll remember that. I have a project I want to work on for which I'm going to be looking at doing something similar. Five per day would be a problem when I get there, but 1000 per month for $10 isn't bad, and 12,000 for $40 is better. It won't be until I can figure out what kind of scanner I need, and get the money for it, but it'll be good to have this to refer back to for options.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I've got probably 1,000 old JPGs that I'd like to upscale. If the impressive results on my first five hold up through a few more sets I'll probably pay, because I don't want to upload 5 per day for the next 200 days. :)