Pet Peeves

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Jaymann

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by Jaymann »

mori wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:53 pm
Brian wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:28 pm Also, people that stop the microwave counter before it reaches zero but then don't clear the remaining time.
I chuckled because this is one of mine. My office work environment is a small space with 6 people that also doubles as are breakroom, lunchroom, and conference room. I diligently reset the clock on the microwave whenever the power goes out or there is a time change. In a meeting the person speaking always stands up in front of the microwave and if it is not displaying the clock, I am irritated.
That reminds me of an oldie but baddie. A recording devise that forever blinks because people can't figure out how to set the time.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Jaymann wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:12 am
mori wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:53 pm
Brian wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:28 pm Also, people that stop the microwave counter before it reaches zero but then don't clear the remaining time.
I chuckled because this is one of mine. My office work environment is a small space with 6 people that also doubles as are breakroom, lunchroom, and conference room. I diligently reset the clock on the microwave whenever the power goes out or there is a time change. In a meeting the person speaking always stands up in front of the microwave and if it is not displaying the clock, I am irritated.
That reminds me of an oldie but baddie. A recording devise that forever blinks because people can't figure out how to set the time.
I wonder what the retirement pension was for the geek who came up with that feature? :lol:
"Four more years!" "Pause." LMAO
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

msteelers wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:27 pm Smelling pot in public
I am none to happy when a reeking pothead gets into my car (maybe happens once a day). I don't recall it smelling so bad back in the day when I used to partake.
Black Lives Matter
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Jeff V wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:51 pm
msteelers wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:27 pm Smelling pot in public
I am none to happy when a reeking pothead gets into my car (maybe happens once a day). I don't recall it smelling so bad back in the day when I used to partake.
Back in the day we smoked Mexican ditch weed that didn't smell as good. But my day was earlier than yours.

Couple of weeks ago Wife and I went to a little presentation on the Boston Tea Party at our local historical society, and sat in front of a late arrival with a now-legal smile and a sweet air about him. As a lifelong pothead and former scofflaw, that made me grin.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

I'm not looking forward to BKK and Pattaya reeking of mary jane when I get there this time. Looks like more wacky weed shops than massage shops over there since they legalized reefer in a big way. Hell, they even gave away free plants to their citizens. :lol:
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Huge puffy botox lips on people's faces. Ack!
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

Holman wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:05 pm I endorse all of the language peeves. After more than 20 years of teaching English, mixed metaphors or just badly chosen ones jump out at me.

For example, there's currently an ad I walk past every day for the new Dodge Hornet: "BRED TO STING."

Whoever was paid to develop that slogan was apparently unaware that nobody breeds hornets. No hornet has ever been bred for anything.
Somtimes at work I mix my metaphors intentionally. I think its great, My co workers feel otherwise.

Lets not burn that bridge until we reach it.
Throw him in the fire, see if he swims.
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Jaymon wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:02 pm
Holman wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:05 pm I endorse all of the language peeves. After more than 20 years of teaching English, mixed metaphors or just badly chosen ones jump out at me.

For example, there's currently an ad I walk past every day for the new Dodge Hornet: "BRED TO STING."

Whoever was paid to develop that slogan was apparently unaware that nobody breeds hornets. No hornet has ever been bred for anything.
Somtimes at work I mix my metaphors intentionally. I think its great, My co workers feel otherwise.

Well, now, see, that's called poetry.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Holman wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:33 pm
Jaymon wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:02 pm

Well, now, see, that's called poetry.
I'm too slow to be able to pull those out in the middle of a conversation. I always have the perfect thing to say a minute or two after the conversation.

Pet Peeve: White or biscuit glass cooktops are too hard to keep clean. I'm often too lazy to make my PG Tips tea which I just barely add a little sugar to on my glass cooktop. I resort to drinking easier to get high fructose corn syrup sweetened beverages which are much worse for me. :doh:
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

For me it's olde people who talk about bodily fluids. I didn't like it when I was young and I don't like it now.
Now let me tell you about my bowel movements.............................. :coffee:
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

dbt1949 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:39 am For me it's olde people who talk about bodily fluids. I didn't like it when I was young and I don't like it now.
Now let me tell you about my bowel movements.............................. :coffee:
To be fair, many old people are full of it. :lol:
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Pet Peeve: Hangars - those turds that just won't drop into the toilet and then you're left to wipe them off with the TP paper. You end up using 1/4 of the roll. Maybe I need more fiber? Also pet peeve - reasonably priced bidet devices that don't come in any color but bright white. :lol:
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

dbt1949 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:39 am For me it's olde people who talk about bodily fluids. I didn't like it when I was young and I don't like it now.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

People who don't change their driving speeds and distances to be safer in bad weather.

My neighbor who shares the landing with my spare bedroom window, and is smoking out there. I can smell it in my spare bedroom when he's doing it. Might have to glue a piece of plexiglass on that window to keep the odor from entering. ...and it's cheap cigarettes which always smell worse than name brand. I wonder why that is? :think:
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

People who sniff snot all day rather than just blowing their nose. IT DRIVES ME INSANE.
FTE
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Ah, it's his girlfriend who's doing the smoking outside my window. Maybe if I open my blinds and walk around naked I can put an end to that without confrontation. :lol: