[HBO] Our Flag Means Death

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Isgrimnur

[HBO] Our Flag Means Death

Post by Isgrimnur »

The Wrap
HBO Max has finally renewed “Our Flag Means Death,” the seafaring pirate comedy that quietly became one of the most-watched and talked about shows of 2022. The show, from creator-showrunner David Jenkins, executive producer and star Taika Waititi and executive producer Garrett Basch, will return to HBO Max for a second season.
Sudy wrote:Note to future selves: The discussion of season one occurred in the HBO Max thread. We did not not comment on this show. Nothing has gone missing. It is a good show and deserves comments.
Last edited by Isgrimnur on Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Daehawk

Re: [HBO] Our Flag Means Death

Post by Daehawk »

Saw the title and thought it was a doc about the US flag and all the violence here these days.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Holman

Post by Holman »

Great show! I'll definitely be there for Season 2.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Note to future selves: The discussion of season one occurred in the HBO Max thread. We did not not comment on this show. Nothing has gone missing. It is a good show and deserves comments.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

it had an awkward dorkiness about it (like most of Red Dwarf)
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

My wife and I have been watching season two. It’s been fun. This show is just so hard to categorize because there’s whimsy and pathos and gore and everything in between.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Cancelled:
Max is lowering its Flag.

The Warner Bros. Discovery-backed streamer has canceled its comedy series Our Flag Means Death after a two-season run. David Jenkins created the pirate comedy that starred Rhys Darby and exec producer Taika Waititi.

“While Max will not be moving forward with a third season of Our Flag Means Death, we are so proud of the joyous, hilarious, and heartfelt stories that creator David Jenkins, Taika Waititi, Rhys Darby, Garrett Basch, Dan Halsted, Adam Stein, Antoine Douaihy, and the entire superb cast and crew brought to life. We also thank the dedicated fans who embraced these stories and built a gorgeous, inclusive community surrounding the show,” a spokesperson for Max said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

I'm partway through Season 1 at the moment and have really been enjoying it. This sucks, but I'm not surprised, it's weird and hard to categorize and we can't have nice things.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Dramatist wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:36 pm My wife and I have been watching season two. It’s been fun. This show is just so hard to categorize because there’s whimsy and pathos and gore and everything in between.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I've enjoyed season 1 and haven't gotten to season 2 yet, but I suspect the difficulty in categorizing is partly why it's been cancelled. But overall it's a fun pirate drama.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I need to go back and watch this. I sat through a few of the first season episodes, but for some reason it didn't click with me. But that oftentimes is just because I'm not in the right mood for a show when I initially watch it.
He won. Period.
Holman

Post by Holman »

There's a scene in s1e8 that must be the best use of pop music in a historical show that I've ever seen.

(Actually a spoiler.)
Spoiler:
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »