HDR 1000 Monitor for Under 300 bucks

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Octavious

HDR 1000 Monitor for Under 300 bucks

Post by Octavious »

https://tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/aoc-q27g3xmn

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/aoc/q27g3xmn

Someone posted this on QT3 weeks ago, but there weren't any reviews. TFT Central and Rtings both gave it stellar reviews and I got it on Sunday. It took me some messing around with settings, but I got it dialed in for Cyberpunk and it looks ridiculous. Not seeing any issues with ghosting, blooming or smearing. The menu controls suck and it's very bare bones, but if you want a full HDR monitor and don't want to spend 600+ it's a no brainer. I just wish it was in 32 inch. :P
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
GreenGoo

Re: HDR 1000 Monitor for Under 300 bucks

Post by GreenGoo »

My main gaming monitor is also an AOC 27" HDR monitor. It cost about $1600 (maybe $2k, I can't remember) back in 2018/19). It has been a workhorse, and despite an issue with the firmware that I never fixed permanently (it shows up randomly and hasn't in months, it's weird), it is still going strong. Do I need another one? No. Am I thinking about getting one anyway? Perhaps.
Octavious

Re: HDR 1000 Monitor for Under 300 bucks

Post by Octavious »

After a week of use I'm having a hard time finding any issues. It really just does what it says on the tin. Colors look good, motion processing seems fine and it gets insanely bright. Cyberpunk and BG3 looks amazing on it.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com