Archer: Season 14...and the end of an era :(

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

hepcat

Archer: Season 14...and the end of an era :(

Post by hepcat »

It’s back, baby. And I laughed out loud more than once at the first episode of the new season. Especially Archer in a skydiving fight with a dozen other agents. When he landed on the back of one of the chubby enemies, threw out his arms and screamed “Away Falkor!” I almost spit up my drink. :lol:
Last edited by hepcat on Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
He won. Period.
Kraken

Re: Archer: Season 13

Post by Kraken »

Thanks for letting me know it's back. My YTTV DVR told me I had one new episode, but it's easily confused.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

FXX announced a start date for the next (and final!) season of Archer of August 30.
Hodor.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I'll miss it, but it had a good run. Hell, they even had a chance to experiment with their format, to varying degrees of success.

And without Jessica Walter, there's definitely a painful hole in the ensemble.
He won. Period.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

pr0ner wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 12:38 pm FXX announced a start date for the next (and final!) season of Archer of August 30.
Bump for a reminder - and a teaser

Maybe next year, maybe no go
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

In Canada it's airing on Adult Swim instead of FXX, with 2 new episodes at 10:00/10:30 PM.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

First episode was fun. They've intentionally made Lana into a reluctant Mallory.

But it all pales in comparison when Pam takes the stage. And she does not disappoint.
He won. Period.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Overall the season was a good return to form (even without the gem that was Jessica Walter). They gave Krieger a LOT more screen time for the final season and he really made the most of it.

I wasn't sold on the new addition of Zara, but she did serve as a decent surrogate for Lana when Lana was not on mission with them due to her new leadership role.

It ended with less than a complete wrap on the characters, but there are 3 episodes coming in December that are meant to do that.
He won. Period.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Season 14 is now available to stream on Netflix Canada.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Series finale "Into the Cold" now on Hulu. :pop:
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Whoo hoo, thanks for the heads up!
He won. Period.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Moliere wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:04 pm Series finale "Into the Cold" now on Hulu. :pop:
I never got into this show but on a whim decided to start it.
I'm only half way through the first episode and it's meh, but I'll watch a few more begore i decide to binge it or put it on the back burner.
Question.
If I do decide to go through, by the last episode is itvwrapped up or is it one of those that leave loose threads dangling never to be pulled?
If otsloose threads left open that may make an impact on if i even try to follow through.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

It wraps it up quite nicely, IMO.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
hepcat

Re: Archer: Season 14...and the end of an era :(

Post by hepcat »

When it's all said and done, it's all about Pam.

He won. Period.
Zarathud

Re: Archer: Season 14...and the end of an era [emoji20]

Post by Zarathud »

After it meanders in the genre seasons, there’s a reason that pays off. I give them credit for experimenting and for developing the characters within their schticks.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Yeah, they didn’t all work, but I respect their attempt to shake things up and be original. More shows should take chances.
He won. Period.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Punisher wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:13 am
Moliere wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:04 pm Series finale "Into the Cold" now on Hulu. :pop:
I never got into this show but on a whim decided to start it.
I'm only half way through the first episode and it's meh, but I'll watch a few more begore i decide to binge it or put it on the back burner.
Question.
If I do decide to go through, by the last episode is itvwrapped up or is it one of those that leave loose threads dangling never to be pulled?
If otsloose threads left open that may make an impact on if i even try to follow through.
The first few seasons flow one unto another as one expects. After that, they become self-contained. Which is to say, each season resets in ways that seem jarring and unrelated, but they do ultimately tie together. I haven't watched the final episode yet -- was going to do that tonight and then saw that it's 90 minutes. Tomorrow.
Daveman

Post by Daveman »

I agree, the show had its ups and downs but overall just got better with age. Although I think it did peak very early on with this season 1 bit:

Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Even episodes which were off had great moments. I still think there were way more hits than misses.

"I'm scared if I stop drinking all at one, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

I think I’m the only person in the world that got into Archer because of one of the dream seasons, the Danger Island season. Still my favorite.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Is ot me or do some of the items in that vudeo look like photographs?
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Punisher wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:15 am Is ot me or do some of the items in that vudeo look like photographs?
I like how the animators blend photorealistic backgrounds with cartoon characters. I imagine that it's because backgrounds don't have to be drawn cell-by-cell. But I like the effect of having cartoons moving through a realistic world.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

hentzau wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:11 am I think I’m the only person in the world that got into Archer because of one of the dream seasons, the Danger Island season. Still my favorite.
That was one of the dream seasons that I loved.
He won. Period.