Warhammer 40k Rogue Trader
8%
Other (be specific)
8%

Total votes: 26

Jaymann

[Poll] Help me choose my next game

Post by Jaymann »

I may be finally winding down on BG3 (gasp!). There are some other great games out there and I am wondering where to go next.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Re: [Poll] Help me choose my next game

Post by Blackhawk »

I went with Cyberpunk. The only reason I didn't vote for 40k is that I'm generally not a fan of 40k (mostly because I'm not a fan of 40k's fans, at least in the tabletop world.)

I'd advise anyone who isn't desperate to try it now to wait a year on Starfield. It's not ready, and it's going to take an active mod community to get it that way. Given that they're not due to release the mod tools for a few months, it'll be a while.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I also went Cyberpunk, even though I've failed twice to get into it. I've heard that new update/expansion thingy though is incredible.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Counterpoint: Starfield is already ready enough for me to put 458 hours into it, with two playthroughs (1 regular and 1 NG+). It'll undoubtedly become better over time, but if you don't get hung up on the imperfections and flaws, it's already worth playing, and will be worth replaying in the future as interesting mods and the DLC expansion(s) come out.

However... At the moment I'm head over heels in love with Cyberpunk 2077 (again), so that was my pick in the poll.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

As someone that finished Starfield (main story, all faction quests), I'm not sure I'd agree it's "not ready", but I'll fully acknowledge my bar is low. It will be a better game in the future - no doubt there. That said, I'd also say Cyberpunk, another game I finished. I haven't tried the new DLC yet but maybe for the holidays...

Either way, Cyberpunk is absolutely leaps and bounds above Starfield at this point - assuming you're looking for that kind of game.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

FWIW, I had quests that I couldn't complete, leftover NPCs from a quest that were permanently stuck on my ship, and about a dozen other problems, from falling through my ship to spending money on in-game services that weren't performed. I'll stick with my position that it needs more work. Especially since the patches so far have been minor ones.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

It has problems, as do the other games on the list, but it's far from unplayable. It would be my second choice after CP2077, with Rogue Trader bringing up the rear.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I voted Cyberpunk. It's a very complete game with a great (albeit obviously gritty Cyberpunk-y) story, and a very lived-in city. It's a lot of fun with a lot of different viable playstyles.

I haven't played the other two (I think Rogue Trader only came out today?) but between the other two I'd go with Rogue Trader. Mainly because Bethesda RPGs tend to have a bland story and a fairly boring open world in my experience.
Black Lives Matter.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Crusader Kings III. It has enough role playing aspects to make it fun rather than just an empire manager. Be sure to get the two big expansions as they add a whole lot to the game.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

On my third playthrough of Cyberpunk and I envy people playing it for the first time. Enjoy it (assuming you follow the wise advice of myself and others)

(But my next purchase is Rogue Trader)
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Max Peck wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:52 pm It has problems, as do the other games on the list, but it's far from unplayable.
Not at all. It's absolutely playable, but it's very janky right now. It's not polished or smooth. To be honest, if it weren't a Bethesda game, I'd say to go ahead and play now. But Bethesda games get much better with age. At the same time, they tend to be pretty repetitive and formulaic - which tends to result in people getting burned out. That influences my suggestion to wait until it's better.
disarm

Post by disarm »

I voted Starfield. It's far from perfect, but there is a lot of good gaming there, and enough variety that I'm pretty sure just about anyone could get their money's worth.

That said, I haven't played Cyberpunk yet myself, so...
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

80% for Cyberpunk looks pretty conclusive. Also the poll result looks like somebody giving the finger with an extremely long middle finger.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Jaymann wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:40 pm 80% for Cyberpunk looks pretty conclusive. Also the poll result looks like somebody giving the finger with an extremely long middle finger.
Don't take it personally. That's just how Johnny Silverhand rolls... 8-)
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

$iljanus wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:47 pm
Jaymann wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:40 pm 80% for Cyberpunk looks pretty conclusive. Also the poll result looks like somebody giving the finger with an extremely long middle finger.
Don't take it personally. That's just how Johnny Silverhand rolls... 8-)
HAHA! This quote fits his character PERFECTLY.

Yeah, I also voted Cyberpunk. Starfield was one I waited on for years, and while I played it there were a few minor bugs. Nothing show-stopping, but eye-rolling for sure. For example, one time my entire ship disappeared except for the engines. Quickload fixed it. Things like that. Never had a quest bug or someone get stuck or anything, just lucky I guess.

But as for CP, wow. So many varied ways to play, SO many side quests and gigs and main quests, hell I would have been happy with just driving around doing the NCPD pop-up events. I didn't even take the opening main quest until I was around level 20-something because I just love driving around the city on my bike. This game pulled me in like no other game has in YEARS, and it's probably my least-favorite genre. Fantasy is my #1, and I dropped BG3 to do Starfield and a 2nd (and 3rd) playthrough of CP2077. It's that good.
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins