Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Isgrimnur

Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader

Post by Isgrimnur »

Begin your adventure aboard your personal, giant voidship, traveling between the multitude of systems within the Koronus Expanse, a barely charted and incredibly perilous region of space. Despite being considered a backwater of the Imperium, this region encompasses an enormous stretch of the void, filled with dangerous creatures and prodigious opportunities for profit and exploration.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Max Peck

Re: Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader

Post by Max Peck »

Sadly, I'm still not convinced that any money that I spend on this game won't end up finding its way to Russia. I suppose that waiting at least until the war is over isn't any weirder than someone waiting for an Epic Games Store exclusive to be over. :coffee:
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

The early reviews on Metacritic indicate that giving Owlcat some time for more bug squashing and polish might not be a bad call.

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Max Peck wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:24 pm The early reviews on Metacritic indicate that giving Owlcat some time for more bug squashing and polish might not be a bad call.
Reviewers really seem to like the game even with the bugs. So I'm pretty hopeful that patches will iron things out. From the impressions it seems to be up my alley with comparisons to X Com and BG3.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

$iljanus wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:57 pm
Max Peck wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:24 pm The early reviews on Metacritic indicate that giving Owlcat some time for more bug squashing and polish might not be a bad call.
Reviewers really seem to like the game even with the bugs. So I'm pretty hopeful that patches will iron things out. From the impressions it seems to be up my alley with comparisons to X Com and BG3.
Yeah, the fairly negative PC Gamer review seems to be an outlier.

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

74 doesn't seem all that bad - a significant number of games I've really enjoyed are in the 70s.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

I'm intrigued about being the equivalent of the East India Company for the Imperium. And I think all the reviews I've read pointed out the bugs but also said it had top notch writing and voice acting and as much as I like obliterating enemies I also enjoy meaningful dialogue choices. Also reviewers kept wanting to play even with issues.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Yeah, I'm definitely interested in the game. Maybe not a day 1 purchase, but I feel like waiting at least a month or two is advisable for most games.
Black Lives Matter.