Pictures and Videos for R&P

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Unagi

Re: Pictures and Videos for R&P

Post by Unagi »

Smoove_B wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:39 pm
malchior wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:17 pm It doesn't help that he did MMA and it's sort of branding.
As long as people don't know about his gender affirming care

:clap:
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

That would have been really funny if the other guy brought a riser too, if he isn't using one.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Max Peck wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:53 pm Markwayne? Were his parents unable to decide between Mark or Wayne? Did they leave out a space when filling out the birth certificate?

Edit: Huh. Both, apparently...
His first name is a tribute to two of his paternal uncles, Mark and Wayne; his mother put both names on his birth certificate, intending to later shorten his name to one of the two, but ultimately never did.
Shorten it to what? Wank?
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

malchior wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:17 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:56 pmI mean his fund-raising page above doesn't shut up about fighting
It doesn't help that he did MMA and it's sort of branding.
He's the reason people carry guns, the great equalizer.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

malchior wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:31 pm Every time I think the United States can't go any lower it does. People must marvel at how the world's richest nation is turning into Idiocracy 400 years ahead of schedule.
So what you're saying is that wd are progressive?
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Smoove_B wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:52 pm The greatest deliberative body in the world
Said no one, ever in the past 100 years, except for Senators (and John Roberts). :roll:

I'm begging the board to please retire this utterly ridiculous phrase. :eusa-pray:

I'm offering to pay* hard cash for non-use (* must prove prior intent to use, then restraint, to receive cash prize, offer not valid in RI, DE, NJ, NY, OH, CA, NV, TN, TX, VA, OR, FL, NM, MS, LA, PA, or CT)
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

The stupid...IT BURNS!!

When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

My god, she is just profoundly dumb and arrogant.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Hard to believe her and people like her are elected to the United States Congress. Nothing but wrenches in gears.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I'm continuously amazed how civil other people are when dealing with these morons during hearings and such. They have way more patience than I have.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Yeah. Someone should challenge her to a fight. (because that seems to be appropriate now).
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

YellowKing wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:14 am I'm continuously amazed how civil other people are when dealing with these morons during hearings and such. They have way more patience than I have.
Sometimes the quiet, polite response can be far more devastating than an angry response. His comebacks were brilliant. Simple, concise answers that completely destroyed her points and credibility in a just a few words.

I use 'credibility' loosely.

It's almost like he's got a background that involves interrogation and testifying.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Saw someone online yesterday suggest that we've elected the comment section of Youtube to Congress and I can't stop thinking about it.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:30 am Saw someone online yesterday suggest that we've elected the comment section of Youtube to Congress and I can't stop thinking about it.
Yeah. Damn. That's way too spot-on.

Also, the sad realization that "we" (the greater, uglier, royal we) are the comment section of Youtube, so perhaps it's just accurate representation.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

YellowKing wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:14 am I'm continuously amazed how civil other people are when dealing with these morons during hearings and such. They have way more patience than I have.
You have to remember, there's a very real chance a GOP member will bite your dick off if you argue with them.
He won. Period.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Unagi wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:41 am
Smoove_B wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:30 am Saw someone online yesterday suggest that we've elected the comment section of Youtube to Congress and I can't stop thinking about it.
Yeah. Damn. That's way too spot-on.

Also, the sad realization that "we" (the greater, uglier, royal we) are the comment section of Youtube, so perhaps it's just accurate representation.
This is our concern, Dude.
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

This is crazy:

malchior

Post by malchior »

The comments on that video are like looking to the mouth of O in Torment except instead of WIS+1 you end up with WIS-3. It's hard to know how many of these idiots are out there but it feels like a problem.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Jeez. This guy is a Senator. Standards have declined greatly. The comment doesn't capture how...uneducated this buffoon is on the topic. He goes on to say the Palestinians chose to live under Hamas and could have gone to live in Israel if they wanted. Wow.

Victoria Raverna

https://reliefweb.int/report/occupied-p ... nuary-2022

Palestinians are banned from leaving Gaza via Israel, including for passage to the West Bank, unless they obtained an Israeli-issued exit permit.

Only those belonging to certain categories, primarily traders (de facto daily laborers), patients and their accompaniers, and aid workers, can apply for such a permit.

Other people are not eligible for a permit even if, according to the Israeli authorities, they do not pose a security risk, according to the Israeli authorities.

In most cases, the Israeli authorities do not provide specific reasons for the rejection of an application.

If an application is approved, the permit holder may travel through the Israeli-controlled Erez crossing, which operates during the daytime, from Sunday to Thursday, and on Fridays, for urgent cases and foreign nationals only.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

:?:

Pretty sure that is all well-known around these parts. Hence malchior's comments regarding the tweet.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Victoria Raverna

TheMix wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:13 am :?:

Pretty sure that is all well-known around these parts. Hence malchior's comments regarding the tweet.
Yes. But in case there is still anyone left that doesn't know. It is not a big effort on my part to provide link and quote.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Victoria Raverna wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:17 am

Yes. But in case there is still anyone left that doesn't know. It is not a big effort on my part to provide link and quote.
Okay. Fair enough. But so you are aware, it came off, to me, as a rebuke of malchior. A simple "Wow that senator is clueless. In case anyone isn't aware..." would have made it clear what your intentions were.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I just took it as Unagi-esque mansplaining.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Jaymann wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:42 pm I just took it as Unagi-esque mansplaining.
Thanks
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Well, I didn't know but to be fair I won't remember this either.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

malchior wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:57 am Jeez. This guy is a Senator. Standards have declined greatly. The comment doesn't capture how...uneducated this buffoon is on the topic. He goes on to say the Palestinians chose to live under Hamas and could have gone to live in Israel if they wanted. Wow.

Maybe he and Hamas should take it outside.
malchior

Post by malchior »

TheMix wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:21 am

Okay. Fair enough. But so you are aware, it came off, to me, as a rebuke of malchior. A simple "Wow that senator is clueless. In case anyone isn't aware..." would have made it clear what your intentions were.
FWIW I didn't take it that way. :)
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Victoria Raverna wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:17 am It is not a big effort on my part to provide link and quote.
Maybe put just a pinch more effort into it.
I'm trying to be helpful with this advice, I think it will spare you at least a little grief you get...

and, if you (anyone) don't wanna read it, I'll just put it in spoilers, so as not to offend anyone by saying something.
Spoiler:
Something I think would help when you share a link and then quote a part of it... Make it clear that the words that you are quoting are from the quoted article.
Victoria Raverna wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:09 am https://reliefweb.int/report/occupied-p ... nuary-2022

Palestinians are banned from leaving Gaza via Israel, including for passage to the West Bank, unless they obtained an Israeli-issued exit permit.

Only those belonging to certain categories, primarily traders (de facto daily laborers), patients and their accompaniers, and aid workers, can apply for such a permit.

Other people are not eligible for a permit even if, according to the Israeli authorities, they do not pose a security risk, according to the Israeli authorities.

In most cases, the Israeli authorities do not provide specific reasons for the rejection of an application.

If an application is approved, the permit holder may travel through the Israeli-controlled Erez crossing, which operates during the daytime, from Sunday to Thursday, and on Fridays, for urgent cases and foreign nationals only.

I think it reads more like you are sharing a link and the part you want people to read if you had made it more like:

Victoria Raverna never wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:09 am https://reliefweb.int/report/occupied-p ... nuary-2022
"Palestinians are banned from leaving Gaza via Israel, including for passage to the West Bank, unless they obtained an Israeli-issued exit permit.
"

The way you 'quote' articles, is you just cut-n-paste them into a post and send it, and it's not always very clear who's words you are sharing.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

I think unagi makes sense because I did think they were uour own words and not a direct quote.
I didn't have a problem with the post either way but can see how it can get confusing.
Victoria Raverna

Punisher wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:58 pm I think unagi makes sense because I did think they were uour own words and not a direct quote.
I didn't have a problem with the post either way but can see how it can get confusing.
I'm not sure when but I remembered there was a problem when using quote BBCode when people are quoting a message to reply to it in the past. The quote part is being removed because the forum think that was a quote of something that previous poster posted instead what the current poster wrote.

That caused me to avoid using it but looking at how OO works now when you're quoting someone, that doesn't seem to make sense.

Either my memory is messed up or OO used to work that way but not anymore. Or maybe it was other forum where they don't have nested quotes like this forum.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I don't think the basic quote functionality has changed much on our version since we launched the site. The only thing that I think has changed is the addition of linking to the original post with date/time. We've always had our quotes nesting into infinity. We even had some threads making fun of it long, long ago.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Victoria Raverna

Interesting take on tiktok and young people. Is tiktok brainwashing young people to be anti-Israel or tiktok just show that young people are more anti-Israel.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Let's check back with these folks on Friday

Today, we signed legislation that allows the sale of raw milk within the City's jurisdiction. This will help local vendors sell dairy products at our farmers' markets and stores, and make a big difference for folks who benefit from its nutritional elements.
Enjoy your freedom, residents of Albuquerque

(add Bugs Bunny picture here)
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

They're not wrong about the potential for it to make a big difference to folks' health. :coffee:
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Correct me if im wring, but i th8nk we discussed this here before and the general consensus was that raw milk is actually bad for you right?
Holman

Post by Holman »

Punisher wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:21 pm Correct me if im wring, but i th8nk we discussed this here before and the general consensus was that raw milk is actually bad for you right?
It's good for your gut bacteria.

In the sense that they get the opportunity to spend way more time outside of your body.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

Holman wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:29 pm
Punisher wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:21 pm Correct me if im wring, but i th8nk we discussed this here before and the general consensus was that raw milk is actually bad for you right?
It's good for your gut bacteria.

In the sense that they get the opportunity to spend way more time outside of your body.
It's a unique cross over of hippies and farmers. Kind of like organic purists.
FTE