[Adv] Deliver us the moon (scifi puzzle)

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Kasey Chang

[Adv] Deliver us the moon (scifi puzzle)

Post by Kasey Chang »

The story is pretty neat, but the game is basically pretty obtuse puzzles and quicktime events.

Background: Earth is dying, then WSA (World Space Agency) created a Helium 3 mine on the moon, plus a space elevator to the moon surface, and created a microwave power transmitter (MPT) so the H3 reactor can send the power back to earth. Plus a whole lunar colony to staff the process. lu

Then one day, the lunar colony went dark, and the MPT stopped sending power. And Earth was so badly off, they can't send anyone to the moon to investigate, and the WSA got disbanded.

Five years later, the remnants of WSA got ONE astronaut and ONE rocket working... This one person (i.e. you the player) would have to do the launch sequence (with minimal support), launch, dock, reactivate the space station and the space elevator (if you survive), get down to the surface, solve more puzzles, get moon buggies and/or monorails going, make your way through more of the lunar colony, and eventually figure out what happened that day...

To make the thing a game, your suit has only... 3 minutes of oxygen capacity. And yes, there are JUMPING puzzles and whatnot. And a LOT of the game is just quicktime events... yes, wait for prompt on screen to press a key.

I thought I was pretty thorough, but I've made it to the last "level" of the game in just 5 or so hours. So it's not a very long game.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Brian

Re: [Adv] Deliver us the moon (scifi puzzle)

Post by Brian »

FYI, the sequel, Deliver Us Mars, will be free next week on the Epic Games store from Nov 23 - 30.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Currently on sale for 70% off on GoG.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Brian wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:16 pm FYI, the sequel, Deliver Us Mars, will be free next week on the Epic Games store from Nov 23 - 30.
This is now available.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)