NOLF series replay...things to know

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Rumpy

Re: NOLF series replay...things to know

Post by Rumpy »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:24 pm You'll have to blame the father of the immersive sim himself - Warren Spector. He's the one who coined the term in reference to the original Deus Ex.

I didn't realize he'd coined the term. Deus Ex was quite revolutionary at the time, so I could see why he'd feel the need to coin a new term. I've even loved the followups. But anyone looking for something similar using those terms would most likely find a bunch of other simulators in their search results as the term is too broad.

The one thing this genres excels at is at lore-building. It's one thing they really are exceptional at as compared to most other first-person shooters, which is what I feel helps sell the settings.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

You guys are making me want to re-install Deus Ex yet again. :-)
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Giles Habibula wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:14 am You guys are making me want to re-install Deus Ex yet again. :-)
Hey! How are you doing! I hadn't seen you return - did I just miss it? In any event, it's good to see you back!
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

Thanks!
I missed you guys!
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd