Wandering Sword

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Jaymann

Wandering Sword

Post by Jaymann »

Sale price of about $23 on Steam. Has a look and feel resembling Octopath Traveler with a samurai setting. I'm about 2 hours in and enjoying it. I played the demo and have not yet progressed further.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Baroquen

Re: Wandering Sword

Post by Baroquen »

I have this on my wishlist. But with the discount at 10% and being buried in other games at the moment, I'm going to hold off for now. But the reviews look good, and it's in my general price window. I suspect I'll get it eventually. Please let us know your thoughts as you continue to play. Looking forward to it.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I got a companion and finished the first cave. I went with saber (other than sword or fist) since it allows angled attacks. Resources and enemies respawn so you can build up. Leveling is upgrading your skills with martial points. I was trying to end my turn and clicked a button for AUTO combat. That really speeds things up and I will use it for now.

Edit: LOL, I went back and switched to Sword, because there is a legendary sword you can lift from a certain companion.

2nd edit: Crap, I can't take his sword, but I took everything else.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I finally got a party member who kicks some major ass. But you have to be careful not to complete her side quest or she leaves your party.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I'm definitely making progress. I joined a sect and became a senior disciple. I have recruited a party of four and two more bad asses from the sect joined me for a mission. But I jumped off the rails and we are roaming the earth with near impunity. The only time I struggle is when I am forced to go one-on-one. Unfortunately this is required to recruit new party members, so I will just have to out level (or out skill since technically there are no levels) the bastards.

Also if a higher level temporarily joins your party, you need to strip their good items (it won't let you take weapons) before they bail.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

This looks right up my alley but with Cyberpunk, BG3, and JA3 I don't think I'm going to get to it until at least the new year. So it waits to see if there is a sale on it in Dec.