Newcastle

Re: Fight for the Future (ww) - Night Zero

Post by Newcastle »

BAM!
/smoke and debris swirl
/through the smoke sits a figure on a lounge chair
/Newcastle toasts w/ his Newcastle ale

"Sup! Y'all missed me?"

Uhm, first! Uhm, why didn't my kill order for scoop to go through dang it?

Ok 2 kills in 1 night. Oh..how, oh how, oh how did that happen?

Poor MOliere, barely a peep out of ye.
/pours a snifter out in honor
And Stessier, poor stessier. Just joining to help out, and he struck down.
/beer bottle tips over, not a drop to be found
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Well, let's get this show on the road.

Newcastle 

But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

I think I've thought this through properly, so I'm gonna do this:

I AM THE ALPHA-BOT.

We got really lucky last night, Beta boyz. I scanned Newcastle and determined him to be the Cyborg Commander. Unless y'all screw this up, we've already won.

AROO!!
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Just to clarify the roadmap:

Today, we have three votes, but you Betas have an additional secret extra vote. It's enough that one of you vote "extra" to put us in majority for the day (although both of you can, it doesn't matter).

And since it's enough for us to eliminate the Cyborgs to win, it's already over.

I feel a bit bad for Scoop... he clearly put a lot of effort into this game, and I love the experimentality of the rules and the world-building. Big props to you, man. But we could maybe do a Fight for the Future v2.0 after this, maybe with some rule modding/discussions in this thread after game end?
Is there anyone in hell?

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Er, uh, and, I also just now realized you Betas need to move quickly, since there is also a regular majority to lynch me... So put in those votes and extra votes as soon as you see this.

ALPHA BOT OUT!
Is there anyone in hell?

Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Ok. Im officially confused.
I kind of expected it with my drain bamage but can someone explain how 2 people coyld be voted off at night and how thst many votes could happen?
I figured 4 votes max. 3 wolves and 1 cyborg commander. I'm assuming my math is wrong somehow.
Also since it's day 1 I used a random number generator for my first vote but am holding off to see if anything comes out to change my mind.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Punisher wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:35 am Ok. Im officially confused.
I kind of expected it with my drain bamage but can someone explain how 2 people coyld be voted off at night and how thst many votes could happen?
I figured 4 votes max. 3 wolves and 1 cyborg commander. I'm assuming my math is wrong somehow.
Also since it's day 1 I used a random number generator for my first vote but am holding off to see if anything comes out to change my mind.
The night kill is separate from the Lynch, which happens during the day using a majority vote. During the Night, Newcastle targets someone he believes to be a wolf (he got very unlucky and killed a colleague) and we send in votes who we want the Wolf team to kill. Majority rules, but if no majority is selected someone is chosen at random.

With your reply, I assume you are a Beta Wolf. I would therefore really appreciate if you immediately use the "accuse" tag to vote for Newcastle, and then send a PM to Scoop with another "accuse" tag on Newcastle.

Time is a factor.
Is there anyone in hell?

Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Nope
Just didn't realize that everyone was supposed to vote at night. I thought night was wolves only and day was for everyone.
I'm also waiting for everyone to chime in in case there happens to be another alpha wolf.
I'm not sure why anyone would announce their role on day 1, especially a wolf.
To be fair, I'm basically a noob at this game again so I'm willing to listen to why you outed yourself so early.
Holman

Post by Holman »

I'm confused, Punisher.
Punisher wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:35 am Also since it's day 1 I used a random number generator for my first vote but am holding off to see if anything comes out to change my mind.
Based on this, LL assumed you were a Beta Wolf, but then you deny it with this:
Punisher wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:05 am Nope
Just didn't realize that everyone was supposed to vote at night. I thought night was wolves only and day was for everyone.
Just to clarify, did you put in a Night 0 vote or not?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

I did not put a vote in.
To be fair, even if I knew other people than the wolves could put a vote in I'm not sure if I would.
I'm not a fan of day 1 votes because they are basically random and with this format, random can be dangerous to your own team. I'm a bit surprised that anyone would put a random vote in.
For day, I figured I'd have to put a vote in no matter what so I just used a random number generator to get an answer. Unless chatter gives me at least an idea of who to vote for, I'll have to go with that.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Also, were all our past games like this where everyone votes at day and night or am I misremembering? (Which 8s VERY possible!)
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lagom Lite wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:37 am I think I've thought this through properly, so I'm gonna do this:

I AM THE ALPHA-BOT.

We got really lucky last night, Beta boyz. I scanned Newcastle and determined him to be the Cyborg Commander. Unless y'all screw this up, we've already won.

AROO!!
Okay, If you are a wolf - then I will do my part to vote you off

Lagom Lite 

Let's go non-wolves - and let's go quick here.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Punisher wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:36 am Also, were all our past games like this where everyone votes at day and night or am I misremembering? (Which 8s VERY possible!)
No game has been like this one, at all - this is a pretty unique rule-set.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Lagom Lite 

I can't work out a scenario whereby he would want to out himself as Alpha just to kill Newcastle on Day 1.

If LL had a night scan and caught Newcastle doing something fishy, it means LL is (if he's not actually the Alpha) the Cyborg Scout-Bot. Killing Newcastle certainly wouldn't win the game for the Cyborgs, but it would put a target on LL's own back for the next Night. That seems unlikely for a Day 1 move.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Also - SNIPER should shoot Lagom Lite right now, right????
Holman

Post by Holman »

As for FftF 2.0, I wonder if it would be better NOT to identify the faction of those killed in the Night.

If we didn't know that the Cyborgs lost two of their three people last night, LL wouldn't be so bold today.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Unagi wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:49 am Also - SNIPER should shoot Lagom Lite right now, right????
If LL is telling the truth and Newcastle is Cyborg Commander, then the Sniper is already dead.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Holman wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:53 am
Unagi wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:49 am Also - SNIPER should shoot Lagom Lite right now, right????
If LL is telling the truth and Newcastle is Cyborg Commander, then the Sniper is already dead.
I really don't follow that at all. What am I missing?

Also, couldn't one of LL's 'beta-boys' have been Stessier or Moliere - and killed last night by the Cyborg Commander (presumably Newcastle, at this point in the story)?
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Unagi wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:58 am
Holman wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:53 am
I really don't follow that at all. What am I missing?

Also, couldn't one of LL's 'beta-boys' have been Stessier or Moliere - and killed last night by the Cyborg Commander (presumably Newcastle, at this point in the story)?
Both kills last night were cyborgs. There are only 3 total cyborgs.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

lagom lite  

unfounded dastardly swedish [ all hail the fair swedes] accusations.

I am innocent!
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Lagom Lite wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:37 am I think I've thought this through properly, so I'm gonna do this:

I AM THE ALPHA-BOT.

AROO!!
Is that wolf an aroo?

so yeah am not cyborg commander.

Also to all non cyborg here...we have to move fast. Read, then re-read the rules. We need to put down lagom asap!
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Holman wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:48 am  Lagom Lite 

I can't work out a scenario whereby he would want to out himself as Alpha just to kill Newcastle on Day 1.

If LL had a night scan and caught Newcastle doing something fishy, it means LL is (if he's not actually the Alpha) the Cyborg Scout-Bot. Killing Newcastle certainly wouldn't win the game for the Cyborgs, but it would put a target on LL's own back for the next Night. That seems unlikely for a Day 1 move.
read then reread the rules. Not gonna say it outloud.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Newcastle wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:07 am

I AM THE ALPHA-BOT.

AROO!!
Is that a wolf aroo?

so yeah am not cyborg commander.

Also to all non wolves...we have to move fast. Read, then re-read the rules. We need to put down lagom asap!
edited a bit.
Bayraktar!!!!

Holman

Post by Holman »

Newcastle wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:08 am

read then reread the rules. Not gonna say it outloud.
My quoted point stands, I think.

LL has obviously decided that getting himself killed this way is worth it: i.e. even if LL dies, Newcastle's certain death is more valuable than LL's own life.

That's a really weird gamble on Day 1, so it's probably no gamble at all. LL almost certainly scanned Newcastle and found something to make this choice worthwhile. Putting a target on his own back this early wouldn't make sense without a scan.

There are only two scanners in the game. The Alpha Wolf scans role, and the Cyborg Scout-Bot scans activity. (IIUC, the Human Scientist scans neither of those, but only collects pieces of the time code.)

Obviously we should move fast and vote LL dead. I just wonder if there's any way to prevent his winning plan.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

I "think" I understand this. If we assume that everything he says is true. He's the Alpha wolf. He scanned Newcastle last night and confirmed he is the cyborg Commander.

Last nights kills were both cyborgs which means there is only one cyvorg left. If LL is the alpha wolf AND he convinces everyone to off Newcastle then the wolves win the game.

So I think that I have that right.

Now, if we assume LL is lying (and maybe the cyborg Commander) it makes less sense. It's a bold move but if he's lying and we kill Newcastle and the game doesn't end then we now KNOW that LL is lying and will most likely get killed during the night.
I can't see any reason to lie like this. We aren't allowed to communicate privately so assuming everyone follows the rules It's almost impossible to work together. I have no idea who my teammates are and outside of pulling an LL and announcing my team and role my teammates don't know who they are.
Can anyone come up with a scenario that makes LL lying a good strategy at all? I guess except that he decided he didn't really want to play and is looking for an easy out. Not sure if we can commit suicide though so that may or may not make sense.
Speaking of, if I'm not making sense with anything I say let me know so I can try to keep an eye out for poor brain activity.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Punisher, I think you should vote for LL.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Punisher wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:19 am

I "think" I understand this. If we assume that everything he says is true. He's the Alpha wolf. He scanned Newcastle last night and confirmed he is the cyborg Commander.

Last nights kills were both cyborgs which means there is only one cyvorg left. If LL is the alpha wolf AND he convinces everyone to off Newcastle then the wolves win the game.

Now, if we assume LL is lying (and maybe the cyborg Commander) it makes less sense. It's a bold move but if he's lying and we kill Newcastle and the game doesn't end then we now KNOW that LL is lying and will most likely get killed during the night.
I can't see any reason to lie like this. We aren't allowed to communicate privately so assuming everyone follows the rules It's almost impossible to work together. I have no idea who my teammates are and outside of pulling an LL and announcing my team and role my teammates don't know who they are.
Can anyone come up with a scenario that makes LL lying a good strategy at all? I guess except that he decided he didn't really want to play and is looking for an easy out. Not sure if we can commit suicide though so that may or may not make sense.
Speaking of, if I'm not making sense with anything I say let me know so I can try to keep an eye out for poor brain activity.
If they vote me off. Its game over. Full stop. The wolves will have the votes w/ the doubles to power this through.
Bayraktar!!!!

Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Holman wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:21 am Punisher, I think you should vote for LL.
I'm waiting for more confirmation/conversation on why LL would lie.
I mean if he's right then the game ends and I really need it to continue (or have a new game waiting in the wings). The whole reason I brought the forum games in the first place was to help exercise my brain.
I'm definitely leaning towards Newcastle because I can't see any reason for a lie this big.
If he's right, game ends. If he's lying, because it's not a guess, it's a statement, then the game continues and LL is offed tonight.

Can scanners scan the dead in this game? If so, then maybe the scanner can scan the d3ad tonight and tell us what role the dead played.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Newcastle wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:25 am

If they vote me off. Its game over. Full stop. The wolves will have the votes w/ the doubles to power this through.
Wait, so are you saying that you ARE the last cyborg?
Holman

Post by Holman »

Newcastle wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:25 am If they vote me off. Its game over. Full stop. The wolves will have the votes w/ the doubles to power this through.
They don't have to vote you off today. Even if we kill Wolf LL today, the Betas will eat you tonight and win the game.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Punisher wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:30 am
Newcastle wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:25 am

Wait, so are you saying that you ARE the last cyborg?
I am saying that Lagom is a wolf. I wont reveal my team until night or its needed. I have an idea.
Bayraktar!!!!

Holman

Post by Holman »

One far-fetched idea is that LL is actually the Scout-Bot and expects a Human engineer to protect him when Newcastle's death doesn't end the game.

Since there are two engineers, that means Cyborg LL would expect him to protect him (and his scan) for the rest of the game, trading off nights (right)?

But if that's the case, it would have been cleaner to just come out and say "I'm the Scout Bot and I can help you humans! Protect me and my scan!" Plus, the Scout-Bot would know activity (i.e. Newcastle scanned a player) but not role, so he couldn't be sure if Newcastle were the Alpha or the Scientist.

Nah, I'm taking LL at his word and voting to kill him. But I think the Wolves still win tonight.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

So punisher, the longer you delay on this vote for lagom...the more it looks worse for you. AND makes you a likely wolf AND makes you a juicy lynch target for day 2. Think about it.
Bayraktar!!!!

Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Newcastle wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:37 am So punisher, the longer you delay on this vote for lagom...the more it looks worse for you. AND makes you a likely wolf AND makes you a juicy lynch target for day 2. Think about it.
OR you ARE the Alpha wolf as LL said and are trying to push your agenda.
Plus there are plenty of other people who haven't voted yet but you aren't calling them out.
Plus, plus, you are starting to sound like a scam caller. You MUST act now or your nephew will ho to prison! Pay us off right away!
The urgency makes you look more guilty in my eyes.
I might change it later, but since I can't see ANY reason tjat LL would lie about this and nobody else can show me. I'm gonna take him at his word and LL will be the next to go if it turns out ti be a lie.

Newcastle 

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Punisher wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:02 am
Newcastle wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:37 am So punisher, the longer you delay on this vote for lagom...the more it looks worse for you. AND makes you a likely wolf AND makes you a juicy lynch target for day 2. Think about it.
OR you ARE the Alpha wolf as LL said and are trying to push your agenda.
Plus there are plenty of other people who haven't voted yet but you aren't calling them out.
Plus, plus, you are starting to sound like a scam caller. You MUST act now or your nephew will ho to prison! Pay us off right away!
The urgency makes you look more guilty in my eyes.
I might change it later, but since I can't see ANY reason tjat LL would lie about this and nobody else can show me. I'm gonna take him at his word and LL will be the next to go if it turns out ti be a lie.

Newcastle 

The urgency is that there are double votes in play. I did not set this play up. Lagom did. Lagom's agenda. Lagom was just as insistent, calling for double votes.

So IF we make it to day 2, and IF i am still alive , my votes going on you punisher. But hey you do you. Your a wolf and you need to make this play. I get it.

And I do have a plan for tonight. If I make it! :lol:
Bayraktar!!!!

Holman

Post by Holman »

The rest of the players need to get their heads out of their fricking "jobs" and get on the stick here.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Great, we found one. Now please, everyone hurry.

withdraw Newcastle 

Punisher 

Time is still of the essence. Everyone who is not a wolf must vote for Punisher QUICKLY before they can get a majority using their secret votes.

Alpha wolf or Human survivor (3):
1 Unagi
2 Holman
3 ??

Beta wolf (2):
1 Punisher
2 ??

Cyborg (1):
1 ??

Unknown:
Isgrimnur
Lassr
Newcastle

I AM NOT A WOLF. I lied about being the Alpha-Bot. I will explain my gamble thusly:

Night 0 was a disaster. It set the wolves up to win by doing what I just did. I grabbed the initiative because I determined that even my random-ass guess that Newcastle could be one of the wolves is better than the odds we currently face. My role is also quite expendable, so if I get lynched due to tactical errors on my allies’ part (remaining Cyborg Hunter, I’m looking at you), it’s not the end of the game.

I’ve since come to think of Newcastle as non-wolf, or at least I’m not so confident that I want to risk lynching him before lynching a safe bet – Punisher.

There was a risk of me getting lynched, especially if the real Cyborg made the error to put in a vote for me. Because there are only 2 other Human Survivors, and the only wolf who knows I’m full of shit is the real Alpha-Bot, who would happily also vote for me. That’s 3 players, not a majority. But the only way that would happen is if Newcastle was indeed the Cyborg Commander, therefore failing to see that I was trying to flush out the wolves, thus putting in the fourth vote. This is the worst case scenario, but even then it only means that I die, instead of potentially the Cyborg Hunter or the Scientist. Which is still preferable from a Human perspective.

But if I managed to fool the two Beta-bots that I was the Alpha, and get a Wolf Newcastle lynched (50% chance that I guessed correctly that Newcastle was a wolf) we would gain the following:
1. The two Beta-bots would expend their secret votes. This is huge, since it allows us to survive Day 2.
2. The table now has a very good idea of the identity of at least one of the Beta Wolves – it is the player/s, other than me, who voted for Newcastle. What is left to figure out is who is the real Alpha-bot and who is the Cyborg. Obviously, we need to keep the Cyborg alive or we lose the game – but we have two Engineers (I am one, if I survive) who can protect suspected non-Humans during Nights.

Remember, as Human Survivors, it is in our interest to keep the game going and keep the Scientist from getting targeted. But we also need to make sure the Wolf faction is properly weakened now that the Cyborgs are all but slaughtered.

And yes, I realize it’s high risk. Newcastle could be the Scientist, for example. I rolled the dice.

I fucking missed this, holy shit.
Is there anyone in hell?

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

I am an Engineer btw.
Is there anyone in hell?

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

[ accuse] withdraw lagom [/accuse]
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Newcastle wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:26 am   withdraw lagom  

Bayraktar!!!!