Will Trump be invited to Carter's funeral?

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Yes
14%
No
55%
Yes, but he won't attend
31%

Total votes: 29

Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

It looks like Carter's days are becoming quite numbered. Will Trump be invited to the funeral, and if he is, will he attend?
Holman

Re: Will Trump be invited to Carter's funeral?

Post by Holman »

I believe the gods of irony will ensure that it is scheduled against one of his court appearances.

Barring that, he will be invited, but he will decline because he knows that he'll look ridiculous next to the other living presidents.

Regardless, he will try to find some way to insult Carter and draw attention to himself.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Holman wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:54 pm I believe the gods of irony will ensure that it is scheduled against one of his court appearances.

Barring that, he will be invited, but he will decline because he knows that he'll look ridiculous next to the other living presidents.

Regardless, he will try to find some way to insult Carter and draw attention to himself.
+1
All true.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Holman wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:54 pm Regardless, he will try to find some way to insult Carter and draw attention to himself.
This. Any of the three options could happen, though it's highly unlikely he won't be invited.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Worst case is that he attends, keeps his trap shut, leaves, and enjoys a full news cycle of "Is this Trump's pivot to acting Presidential??"
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Holman wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:00 pm Worst case is that he attends, keeps his trap shut, leaves, and enjoys a full news cycle of "Is this Trump's pivot to acting Presidential??"
Dude! Don't even joke...

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Something I'm not sure of, if it's a state funeral (Carters still haven't announced), will he be invited by default?
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Holman wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:00 pm Worst case is that he attends, keeps his trap shut, leaves, and enjoys a full news cycle of "Is this Trump's pivot to acting Presidential??"
Haha. That actually made me lol.

I think he'll attend it defiance. "See? I'm still here! And I am just as good, no, better! than these other presidents. At least I'm not dead!"
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Or he'll very loudly and publicly avoid it for the attention. After all, Jerky Jimmy was a Low-Energy President & should have stayed on his "Farm" with the other Nuts. Typical Dumbocrat!
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Holman

Post by Holman »

Every other living president, not to mention all Democrats and even some Republicans in Congress, will treat Carter's life and legacy with humility and respect.

We already know the ones who won't.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

GreenGoo wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:35 pm

I think he'll attend it defiance. "See? I'm still here! And I am just as good, no, better! than these other presidents. At least I'm not dead!"
How about he sets up his own funeral across town (at some landscaping parking lot, maybe), but then at the last minute pivots into having a sit-down interview with Tucker?
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

The Meal wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:17 pm
GreenGoo wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:35 pm

How about he sets up his own funeral across town (at some landscaping parking lot, maybe), but then at the last minute pivots into having a sit-down interview with Tucker?
I liked the first part of that scenario . . .
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

The Meal wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:17 pm How about he sets up his own funeral across town (at some landscaping parking lot, maybe)
Geeze, no. Don't compost Trump. We have enough environmental issues.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

He will probably be invited. Even if it's a private funeral, and even though trump is among the least moral presidents ever -- the antithesis of Jimmy Carter, really -- Carter is a turn-the-other-cheek Christian. Trump will attend if he thinks he can turn it to his advantage, or he will snub the Carters if he thinks that's his better move. Trump cares only about trump.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'm sure that Carter made his wishes known on it some time ago.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

I voted NO on the invite. To any normal, sane person, Trump is a treasonous sack of shit. Literally (and I’m not using that the way the kids do these days), a traitor to the country.

I don’t care how “turn the other cheek” Carter is, inviting a traitor to a Presidential funeral normalizes what cannot be normalized.

I hope the people calling the shots understand that.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Blackhawk wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:41 pm I'm sure that Carter made his wishes known on it some time ago.
And I hope the people calling the shots will respect them.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

"DYING IS FOR LOSERS!! YOU WOULD NEVER SEE YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT DYING, BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE TRULY DISASTROUS FOR OUR COUNTRY. THE ONLY THING DYING IS AMERICA UNDER SLEEPY JOE BIDEN AND HIS BAND OF RACIST THUGS WHO ARE COMING AFTER ME! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!"
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I'll be very interested to revisit this thread when Carter passes. Whatever the answer, it's sure to be controversial. :lol:
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Kraken wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:34 pm
Blackhawk wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:41 pm I'm sure that Carter made his wishes known on it some time ago.
And I hope the people calling the shots will respect them.
Normally I'd agree. In this case, however, I truly hope that Carter's family and loved ones make the right decision for them. Honoring Carter's wishes, should those wishes include inviting TFG, only to have said monster ruin/disrupt the event, would be something that would remain with them for the rest of their lives. And possibly tarnish their memories of Carter. Funerals and wakes are not for the deceased, but for those who remain.

Black Lives Matter

Holman

Post by Holman »

There will be a grand state funeral and Trump will be invited. But there will almost certainly be a private memorial event (closed to press) as well, and that's where the family's real friends and loved ones will actually commune and mourn.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Do they do 21 gun salutes for Presidents?

Is Dick Cheney still alive and can we have him fire one of the guns?

If yes to both, please invite Trump.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

We get that when he fails to mention in a speech how Lindsey Graham or his son’s dog told him he’s the greatest president that ever lived. He has a standard of excellence that most humans consider the lowest bar possible.
He won. Period.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

edit: I'm Not Dead Yet gif
Last edited by Unagi on Sun Sep 03, 2023 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

hepcat wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:56 am
We get that when he fails to mention in a speech how Lindsey Graham or his son’s dog told him he’s the greatest president that ever lived. He has a standard of excellence that most humans consider the lowest bar possible.
He wouldn't call out specifics...in his mind he's thinking "deplorable, sniveling Lindsey Fucking Graham and his son's dog said it", but what comes out of his annoyingly shaped pie-hole is "people say" or "people tell me all the time!" or "all the people are saying".