Elder Scrolls the MMO

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Re: Elder Scrolls the MMO

Post by Daehawk »

Well guess Ill just do the main quest now. The coldharbour one. Ive actually never completed it. Will give me a chance to see the world so to speak. At least for this Breton whoever he is aligned with in the pacts.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Still having a blast living in ESO. I have made my Breton Warden the main character now. Ill post a pic of him and his wep below. I have quests in a few different zones now somehow but Im trying to simply concentrate on Eastern Skyrim and the Skald King stuff and Nords....whatever Skald King means.

Can anyone make a 2 hand weapon better than his?

Enlarge Image

EDIT: Oh! I got the bug mount free. I somehow got one of those boxes you have the Jester dude open...and he tossed out a extra card...that card turned out to be my new mount. No simple horse for me lol. I literally 'bug out'.
habibi

Post by habibi »

A mount! You are very lucky!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Are mounts rare? This one is really cool the way all the legs move. But its not faster than my free horse. People zoom by me all the time. Maybe I should upgrade at a stable?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

How do I customize my look? I mean other than the bits and pieces and baubles you get in the APPEARANCE tab of your UI.

Like this girl in the picture....how did she get matching armor and red eyes and such ..its all red trimmed in some way. Im not saying I want that look but I would like to customize my own to be cool or something I prefer rather than a hodge podge of mismatched armor pieces. My only way right now is a full suit...like the Scarlett Judge's suit I have...but I dont want to use that one.

Enlarge Image
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Maybe next year, maybe no go
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Dressing up in costumes is all well and good, but being a Groot is where it's at.

Enlarge Image
Spoiler:
It's the Bloodroot Spriggan polymorph, obtained through much grinding of daily endeavors.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Smoove_B wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 2:13 pm The outfit system
Thank you. I wish that webpage would use something different to make it easier to read. That semi transparent foreground/background thing is tough on the eyes.

EDIT: Looks like another ESO hole to dive down. haha Love it.
EDIT2: Did a quick test and came up with this....even dyed my axe to match. Ill change it all later.

Enlarge Image
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive been selling purple and blue text armors and weps because they dont have the stats of some of the green items I have. Is that right? Just sell it even if it cons a higher lvl or quality item?
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Yeah, I wouldn't keep the blues/purples if they aren't better for your build than the greens you already have. I'd either sell them or deconstruct them for crafting components. However, if you're not subscribed then collecting crafting materials is probably more trouble than it's worth because of the impact on inventory management. One of the main benefits of subscribing is that you get extra (double?) storage space as well as unlimited storage for crafting components.

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
habibi

Post by habibi »

Daehawk wrote:Ive been selling purple and blue text armors and weps because they dont have the stats of some of the green items I have. Is that right? Just sell it even if it cons a higher lvl or quality item?
Technically blue and purple is higher level than green and so, is more valuable. Of course if you have some crafted set, then the sum of the whole set, even though in green, will be better.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I just replaced my blue axe with a green sword that's higher damage. Bonebane.

Enlarge Image
Enlarge Image
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I see players with companions. Not pets but more like another person but its a npc companion. How do they get those? Im guessing you buy them with real money or something? I dont think they help fight. Ive seen players lower level than me with them is why Im guessing you buy them. But what for?
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

How to get a companion.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

The companions will fight along side you, and can be configured for different types of combat roles. Each of them has a quest line that ties into their backstory, so there is some incentive to collect 'em all if you want to maximize the amount of content in the game.

Aside from levelling up the others, I've pretty much stuck with Mirri as my default companion.

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Heed the call and venture into worlds untold in The Elder Scrolls Online: Necrom, part of the Shadow Over Morrowind saga. Hermaeus Mora needs a champion, and the eldritch power of the new Arcanist class are yours to command. Explore the Telvanni Peninsula and Apocrypha, recruit two new Companions to your cause, delve into a new 12-player Trial, and confront those who threaten the Prince of Knowledge’s most dangerous secrets, lest they unravel all of reality itself!

The Elder Scrolls Online: Necrom is part of the Shadow Over Morrowind adventure and arrives for PC/Mac on June 5, 2023, and for Xbox and PlayStation consoles on June 20, 2023.

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Well Im still deep into this. Im..hell Im not sure where I am right now lol...theres spriggins and women of the woods . Im doing side quests as I head toward the main stuff. Still not doing the main coldharbor quests. I think this is one of the prologue quests whatever those are. Having a blast.
habibi

Post by habibi »

Having a new class will definitely breathe new life into ESO. I think I have played all the classes and my favourite have to be the Nightblade although that is not an easy class to play. My second one was as a tank and that’s a lot of responsibility especially in a group/raid. The stress was too much Will be interested to try this Arcanist.

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I have one toon for each of the previous classes, with my main being a Nightblade, plus a couple of extra ones that are inventory overflow mules. I'll be rolling up an Arcanist, with the plan being to start with the OG main quest and progress through all the expansions in order. That's a tall order, though, so I'll see how long I stick with the plan. :lol:

I need to check around and see if there are some Arcanist build guides -- the expansion has been on the test servers for weeks now, so I expect that plenty of people have had hands-on experience with the class. I'm not so much interested in optimal skills and rotations for now, but if there is something like a particular race that's suited to the class, I'd like to know before I lock myself into the character.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

This is a picture of the free bug mount I won from a free crate. It looks like a metal tick but its not metal but living. Makes weird roach like sounds as I ride around. I love it. Im working each day starting now on increasing its speed then its stamina at the stables.

Enlarge Image
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Don't neglect the capacity riding skill if you haven't already maxed it out. For my money it's more useful than either speed or stamina.

Once you hit level 50, there are also a couple of skills in the Champion craft constellation that increase mount speed and stamina.

habibi

Elder Scrolls the MMO

Post by habibi »

Yeah, the capacity is very useful but don’t forget that you can use gold to purchase upgrades to backpacks until a point where it become really expensive. Then, the stable will be your only “cheap” choice. Did anyone of you spend Crowns on the pack rat? Basically that’s a pet which increase your storage by 5.

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I forgot about the inventory pets. I've got two of them, the packrat and the war boar. That explains why my shiny new arcanist has a bit more inventory space than I expected. :lol:

One of the upcoming daily log-in rewards is a stack of 4 riding capacity training tomes. More free junk storage!

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

My lvl 40 Warden is just ridicules...and has been for some time now. I just run through mobs to get to my objective towing clumps of enemies along with me. When I get there Ill still have 4 - 7 on me so I just wipe them out with my aoe spells and melee attacks. I have life leeching stuff that heals me everytime I swing my wep lol. I can just wade in anywhere almost. Im also really up armored as best as I can be from loot all these levels.

I wish the quests would reward me better with melee weps and stop giving me so damn many staffs I simply sell..even purple stuff.

I saw someone last night using a staff and his companion too and it had this teal colored beam he used as an attack. Made me jealous lol. I hope my necro can do something like that when I get back to her some day.

Enlarge Image
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Max Peck wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:31 am I'll be rolling up an Arcanist, with the plan being to start with the OG main quest and progress through all the expansions in order. That's a tall order, though, so I'll see how long I stick with the plan. :lol:
The plan lasted one day. I've already made side trips to Summerset in order to unlock jewelry crafting certification and to Solitude, because that's my default home base and I know where everything is -- such as the local Thieves Guild fence... :whistle:

I miss having a companion, so I think I'll probably make a trip to pick one up sooner than later. I'll have to take a look at the new ones that arrived with Necrom and see if either of those looks like a good fit.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I miss having a companion, so I think I'll probably make a trip to pick one up sooner than later. I'll have to take a look at the new ones that arrived with Necrom and see if either of those looks like a good fit.
I should really just drop everything and go get one. Maybe thats what Ill do tonight.

EDIT: Meh I went ahead and got Mirri. :) Easy Peezy
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im back to playing my necromancer again. I've learned so much by playing my warden so hard. So much fun. Im going all necro on her..dark clothes, staff as wep, light armor only. I picked up Bastian..he is a huge help since I sold off off my blue heavy armor to drop down to light stuff. Total new way to play from my charge in warden..love it. Livin the life.
habibi

Post by habibi »

I enjoyed reading about both your adventures! Keep them coming!

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im not surewhere to go or what to do or start now with my necro. She has done all of Vvardenfell and Blackwood. Right now the only quest I have is the old main harborage quest line. Ive done a few like freeing Lyriss. I like her and enjoy when she has quest to do and tag along with me. I really like her character even though she is just an npc she is cool and her quests are fun.

Ill do a quest for him then leave the cave and say go to town and he'll send a msg to my mind that he wants to see me for something and I go back and do it. Not sure how many of these he will have for me or where Ill go when they run out. My necro isn't lvl 40 like my warden.....she is like..lemme log in and look....ok ok she is lvl 22.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

My plan for pacing the Main Quest is to keep doing the quests as they're offered until they want me to go to a new area. At that point, I'll go back to doing the Alliance quests until they require me to move on to the same new area as well, although I will probably fully complete everything in each area before moving on (except for the group content, since I'm soloing). I'm hoping that will come reasonably close to the original progression through the Alliance and Main Quest story lines.

I've also joined or initiated contact with the various guilds (Fighters, Mages, Thieves, Dark Brotherhood, Undaunted), so at some point I'll get distracted by those as well.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive ended up just doing quest along my path in Stonereach or Stone something. Its where my harborage quest is . So as Im headed that way I just do the quests that I see as Im passing by.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I took a side trip to High Isle and picked up Ember as a companion.

Meanwhile, back in Vulkhel Guard I ran into an NPC whose name hasn't aged particularly well...

Enlarge Image

I realize that it's just a passing similarity, but even so I'm kind of surprised they didn't rename him at some point in the last few years. :lol:

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Why does my companion's flaming staff have a fire effect on it on his back and mine doesn't? It only shows a little fire effect when I draw it.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

It's probably just because the companion equipment has it's own art assets, since they don't use the same gear as player characters, and whoever designed it had a more refined sense of what looks cool than the ones who designed the effects for the player gear.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I love the outfit creator. All I can seem to do is dye my current armors. New pieces then are auto dyed when I wear them so I stay the same dye outfit instead of piecemeal colors which I like. But I wish I could some how hide all my armor and wear some type of clothing or other outfit instead. Make it all look like not what Im wearing.

I have all these different armors and styles in my collection area but I dont know why..i dont know how or if I can use them in some way. I thought I could maybe make my wore armors look like the pieces in my collection..cause some are cool..especially the satffas...but no go that I can find.

I got a new chest piece or something and now Im in a dress yeech.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

The armor styles in your collection can be applied in the outfit workstation to create custom outfits that override the visuals for your equipped gear.

Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Daehawk wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:21 pm I love the outfit creator. All I can seem to do is dye my current armors. New pieces then are auto dyed when I wear them so I stay the same dye outfit instead of piecemeal colors which I like. But I wish I could some how hide all my armor and wear some type of clothing or other outfit instead. Make it all look like not what Im wearing.

I have all these different armors and styles in my collection area but I dont know why..i dont know how or if I can use them in some way. I thought I could maybe make my wore armors look like the pieces in my collection..cause some are cool..especially the satffas...but no go that I can find.

I got a new chest piece or something and now Im in a dress yeech.
Disguises and costumes-

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Costumes
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Max Peck wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:48 pm The armor styles in your collection can be applied in the outfit workstation to create custom outfits that override the visuals for your equipped gear.
I must just be missing how then. Ill look closer next log in.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Daehawk wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:57 pm
Max Peck wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:48 pm The armor styles in your collection can be applied in the outfit workstation to create custom outfits that override the visuals for your equipped gear.
I must just be missing how then. Ill look closer next log in.
The option to configure an outfit is on the left hand side of the Outfit Station screen. By default, it is set to "No outfit" which means that you are working on your equipped gear, iirc. There is a pick-list that lets you select different outfits. You start off with one and can unlock additional ones if you want multiple outfits.

There are also a lot of ways to customize your character in the Appearances tab of the Collections screen.