Horizon Forbidden West

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Skinypupy

Re: Horizon Forbidden West

Post by Skinypupy »

Yeah, I find the flying to be very awkward in general, which is why I never used flying mounts.

There’s one part where I can’t seem to get to the next water before the missiles hit, and it takes me down. I’ve tried hiding behind the building as well (since thats what the companion says to do) but it seems like a bunch of shots still get through and hit me.

It’s mostly just annoying.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Got past it tonight. Turns out that I thought the game wanted me to go one way, when I was actually supposed to fly the other direction. Once I figured that out, it took me about 30 seconds. :doh:

Wrapped up Burning Shores, which was a very fun 10-12 hour expansion. The final battle was incredible, and the entire story was fantastic. Just over 50 hours all told in this game. I really liked Seyka as a companion, and thought the ending (that has all the usual mouthbreathers frothing) was very well done.

It's worth noting that Ashley Burch continues to do a simply remarkable job as Aloy. I'm very hard pressed to think of a better digital acting job in any series.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I just started this recently. It has been awhile since I finished the first game, but this felt like I was picking up right where I left off with the other one.

I think the tutorials are much better in this game though. I played through the the opening part of the original game twice and never really picked up on the importance of knocking certain parts off machines before they were destroyed. I would just attack certain machines until I got lucky.

It all finally clicked when going through the opening section of this game.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I need to play this sometime. I 'think' I have it on pc. I had the original on PS4 and got way into it but never finished it. Was 4 years ago around the time my wife passed away so I kinda just walked away from it when I did all the other games I was playing then too.

Hmmm looking at my Steam version it shows Complete Edition. That doesn't have Into the West with it. Guess I dont have it after all. So no upgrades for me whenever I do restart the entire trek over.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

Forbidden West is the sequel not an expansion. Burning Shores is an expansion to Forbidden West. The Frozen Wilds was the expansion to Zero Dawn. Frozen Wilds is included in the Zero Dawn complete edition.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

The targeting of specific parts is what makes the Horizon games have a little strategy to them, imo.

The first, which I never finished, was very good. I played it a fair bit on the PS.
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

My goodness this game has it’s hooks in me something fierce. Staying up too late, waking up too early. Just to play a little more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Dramatist wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:43 pm My goodness this game has it’s hooks in me something fierce. Staying up too late, waking up too early. Just to play a little more.

I went through the same thing. Love that game (and the first one, too)!
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Coming to Steam "early 2024"

Maybe next year, maybe no go
Jolor

Post by Jolor »

That's great news. I'm genuinely looking forward to this. Zero Dawn was fantastic.
So sayeth the wise Alaundo.
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

I finished the story of this yesterday as I was taking a recover from a Covid booster day.

I really enjoyed this game and the voice acting was really excellent. I think I did all the side quests that I found and all the dungeons. I’m just not into the hunting grounds and things like that.

Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I've restarted a game of the original. On Hard. Or Harder. Not sure. Not even to daytower yet.

It's fun, no question. Weapons start out pretty weak and harder difficulties means less resources so it has been a little tougher than when I first played it on normal, as expected.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I found it hard enough on normal on the PS4. One day Ill go and play it on the PC. I think I own it but without the addon. Not sure now. Been too long and I got lots of games installing and uninstalling trying to make me happy :P
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I'm playing on a PS5, fyi. Not that I expect it to play differently on different hardware, not as vanilla with no mods anyway.