Now, where's a cheap and simple VIDEO maker?

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Kasey Chang

Now, where's a cheap and simple VIDEO maker?

Post by Kasey Chang »

Not a video EDITOR, but a video MAKER.

Basically, I want to animate some text on screen, some kinetic text (I know, so 2000s) , some cartoony figures, some animated writing, it's like a slideshow, but a bit fancier. Maybe have some cartoon people on screen with huge dialog boxes.

I have this VideoFX Maker, originally released in 2017. It works fine for presentations, but it ONLY makes stuff in 16:9. It's pretty useless for the shorts I want to make. I can kinda cheat it by making a bunch of shorter videos, send it to a different video editor to be pieced together but that's a lot of f-ing work.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Chraolic

Re: Now, where's a cheap and simple VIDEO maker?

Post by Chraolic »

I've been using EaseUS Video Editor for work projects and it works quite well for simple video overlays.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I found this "Mango Animate" which apparently costs $50, and it's not bad, but its performance is horrible. The free trial so far is "okay". I'm getting some thing created, but it's taking a lot longer than I expected, as I'm fighting the Interface. It doesn't want to let me type into the text box.

They actually have two more products: Text Animate, and WhiteBoard Animate. They have free trial, so I'm giving them a shot.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I'm still using CupCut, and I'm starting to figure out what needs to be done to make completely FREE videos by taking free video backgrounds off Pexels or such free sources. A lot of the existing "tutorials" on Youtube want you to use the monthly subscription services.

I got an idea that should have a niche, I just need to figure out the exact type of video to produce. I already have several ideas, and I can probably spit a couple out in minutes once I get my workflow down.

Seems the trick is to do the editing on the desktop, but once you've done it, upload it to the phone, THEN you can use the Youtube app to force it into a short. You can even let use "viral music" licensed by Youtube as background music.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Have you checked TEMU.com?
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I can see that AI powered clip-video service can generate videos like this in no time at all.

The first version of the video, which I just created last night, with minimal editing, has generated 181 views.

I've just generated a version using clip videos with a free trial of pictory.AI, and that I threw together in like 30 minutes, this one lasting 41 seconds. I wonder how this one will do once I upload it.