Whatcha smokin'?

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Kraken

Re: Whatcha smokin'?

Post by Kraken »

Blackhawk wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:19 am Indiana, unsurprisingly, still ensures that I am officially smokin' nothin.'
Have you tried telling IN that people will line up to pay 20% in taxes? Or does IN hate taxes and civilization that much?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Kraken wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:04 am
Blackhawk wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:19 am Indiana, unsurprisingly, still ensures that I am officially smokin' nothin.'
Have you tried telling IN that people will line up to pay 20% in taxes? Or does IN hate taxes and civilization that much?
Have you met Indiana? Smokin' them tweeds is for unwashed hippies and *gasp* minorities! It makes you join the gang and do the crime! Haven't you seen Reefer Madness? If we let people have marijuana, they'll be having unmarried sexual relations and buying abortion pills!

Unofficially, I live about 15 minutes from Illinois.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

I tried making edibles for the first time. The THC-limited ones from the online store don't seem to have much effect, but I've never really pushed it since they're so expensive. Anyway, I got some olive-oil-suspended (or whatever) concentrate and mixed it into the oil used in some cheap brownie mix. I don't think I added enough water which made for horrible brownies, but it seemed to work. I calculated 15mg per brownie and tried to mix the oil in really well.

They definitely work when taken alone... I tried three (15mg x 3) over about a three-hour period, and eventually got higher higher than I like getting. 30mg seems like it should be enough in the future. I was expecting a different-feeling "body high", but I honestly didn't find it too dissimilar from the effects of smoking. There's definitely a head buzz that's missing, but many of the other features are there in similar intensities.

Also, I just don't like brownies much, but I figured it was traditional for a first attempt.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Sudy wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:13 pm I tried making edibles for the first time.

Also, I just don't like brownies much, but I figured it was traditional for a first attempt.
I make gummies because THC really degrades quickly at temps over 300F, so you have to be careful while baking with it.

I use a product that is made by a lab in Lansing. It is called RSO+. Rick Simpson Oil is well known, and worth reading about, but the "plus" in this product is the addition of strain-specific live resin. It is ENTIRELY full-spectrum and has many minor cannabinoids included, which is great for us as we eat the gummies as a sleep aid. CBN is the cannabinoid that helps with sleep.

I can find a one-gram syringe of RSO+ on sale for $15 usually and often yield 30+ doses with around 20 mg THC plus whatever minor cannabinoids. So a two-week supply, for two people, of knockout candies for under $20 is very affordable.

I squirt the syringe into a half-cup of MCT oil with some lecithin in it and gently microwave just to heated. That is whisked together and combined with gelatin and Jello and juice and whisked for 15 minutes just below simmer temperature. Then poured into molds and refrigerated.

I've been working on this recipe long enough that they come out delicious and get you zooted. Before I started eating these I never got more than 4-5 hours of sleep, now it's easily 7 hours a night.
Last edited by Z-Corn on Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Kraken wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:58 pm What do you think? In terms of preserving their current state of ripeness (very low moisture, but some), do the benefits of keeping it cool/freezing outweigh the low humidity in one's fridge?
Check my recommendation up-thread of glass jars and Boveda packs.

They are a cost-effective method and reusable.

As Your Attorney, I recommend you get that expensive-ass weed out of those Mylar bags. They are not air-tight, may not be light-tight and I think lend a funky flavor when used long term. Protect your terpenes!

Please don't ever freeze or even refrigerate your buds. You risk knocking off all your trichomes and, if they are present, that's what you paid top-dollar for. It would be a shame to lose them to the interior of the Mylar bag.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

They are mostly in little plastic screw-cap jars with foil seals. One variety is in a foil pouch. Each one contains a little package of -- something -- silica gel? (I'll see if it's labeled the next time I open a new jar.) Those are in little paper shopping bags, which are in a humidor. Ain't a single photon getting in there. :)

I want them in their original containers because they're labeled with the variety and its chemical composition, and I have six different varieties.

I bookmarked the Boveda page and might buy some of those, depending on what's already inside the package (I'll be opening the last jar that I bought six months ago in a few days). Breaking the seal to insert a humidity pouch seems counterproductive.
Holman

Post by Holman »

For some reason I just randomly remembered that, when tobacco was first brought back from the New World, Europeans described its use as "drinking tobacco."

This didn't mean they swallowed it in some kind of liquid form. It's just that they hadn't yet settled on "smoking" as the verb for inhaling and exhaling the stuff.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.