Opinions of selling a couple of my collectable games.

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Opinions of selling a couple of my collectable games.

Post by Daehawk »

I loath to sell any of my collection. Especially stuff my wife purchased me out of her love. But Im finding as the time of me paying off my mortgage draws closer that money is becoming very scant in recent days. Im not making it in other words. Prices are going up on everything and the stuff I have is refusing to stay in working shape until I can fix or replace it. So money is now more important than a game Ive played and will never play again while its statue sits on my collectors shelf gathering dust and its box it put away in the dark areas of storage.

Hence Im considering...and probably must.....list two of my games. Both are collectors items and cost a pretty penny when new a decade ago. Ive looked at prices online and think if I start high I can leave room to wiggle down to a price I find fair to me and the buyer as well. In time. Thought Id type my thoughts and see what the group thinks of them.

1. Halo Reach Legendary edition. You know the one...giant box, comes with a big ass statue of all the characters in pose with guns along with game, journals, assorted goodies .
I thought Id put it at $200 or best offer and see what the fishing is like or will net me. Its all used like new. I take care of all my stuff. Never dropped or played with and no smoke home of course. No damage from sun or water or the like.

2. Gears of War 3 Epic edition. Again big ass box. Big statue of Marcus Fenix. Flag and heavy ass chunk of metal medal to his remembrance. All the standard goodies. Same condition same no damage. Thinking of either $200 or $150 as starting point. Its not worth as much as the Halo Reach one. Shipping is United States only and is either free or economy for the buyer. Haven't decided which is best yet.

So opinions? If anyone here would like to toss out an offer plz do so as it would save me a lot of hassle and time and I need the money as soon as I can get it. Id ship it out in a day or two per any instructions. Any questions plz ask. Let me know what you think of my thoughts with these two items or ways I can sell them better or such online. I use Mercari, Amazon Marketplace, and Ebay. I take PayPal or Cash App. Local I take cash woo :)
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Re: Opinions of selling a couple of my collectable games.

Post by Daehawk »

Looks like I have to sell them. Got up to a dead car battery on top of everything else in my life right now. Didn't need that. Ill have to wait 2 weeks though because I need a battery first to go ship the items I sell . LOL..Need money so selling stuff but need money to sell stuff...catch 22 all the time with my life.
WYBaugh

Post by WYBaugh »

Check out /r/gamesale. There are a bunch of collectors there.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I would be lost on reddit. Totally out of my boathouse lol.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

After mulling long and hard Ive decided to part with my Lunar Silverstar Harmony Premium Edition for PSP.

I see them selling and sold on eBay for $150 more or less and those are incomplete. Some lack the game some lack the collector cards. All lack the external guide book. I have everything complete with mine in a mint box..game, manual, soundtrack cd, cards, and as a bonus the strategy guide book too in perfect condition. Thats a real catch there so Im hoping I can set it up as an auction and get more than a buy now price or best offer.

I bought it used when I got my PSP around 2009 or so I think for maybe $30.

I sold my Daggerfall game for over $180..near $200. That helped immensely...but of course it was a temporary fix. I think I paid $25 for it around 2010 or 2015 just to collect. Hated to sell it cause selling these collectors games at these prices means Ill never ever be able to get them back at a decent price again like I got them for before.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

A quick eBay search shows closer to $150 for both those XBox 360 games given that they're open.
Hodor.