Halo Infinite Campaign

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Pyperkub

Re: Halo Infinite Campaign

Post by Pyperkub »

Started this the other night and after the first couple of chapter /missions in the campaign I realized that I probably need to go finish (well, actually play) Halo 4/5, because apparently some significant tons happened!

I finished halo 1, got stuck in 2, finished 3 and ODST, then fired up the master chief collection and played through 1 & 2 (finally finishing 2) and was playing Reach, when I paused for buffy over Halloween).
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I 'think' I finished all Halo games to 4. I didn't move past that due to hardware constraints and also I didn't want to see Cortana go rogue. Not sure when Ill ever get back to it.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
stessier

Post by stessier »

Is there anyway to make the HUD text bigger when playing on the Xbox? I'm playing on a not small 4k tv and can't read anything.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
stessier

Post by stessier »

Found the option under the Accessibility Menu.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

The last few hours of the campaign :x
Spoiler:
basically put you on a rail and then just tosses boss after boss after boss at you. I had hoped in between at least ONE of those they’d let me return to the open world to build up my character a bit more, but no. Other games are kind enough to give you a slight warning that you’re approaching the end game and that you should only do so only if you’re ready. Not Halo though.
Covfefe!
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

hepcat wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:00 am The last few hours of the campaign :x
Spoiler:
basically put you on a rail and then just tosses boss after boss after boss at you. I had hoped in between at least ONE of those they’d let me return to the open world to build up my character a bit more, but no. Other games are kind enough to give you a slight warning that you’re approaching the end game and that you should only do so only if you’re ready. Not Halo though.
This is exactly what I was complaining about a couple posts ago. Anyone who scores the single player campaign in the 90s is doing so only becuase it's Halo. The level design is terrible and the open world section is fun but below average when compared to other open world games.
FTE
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I agree - the level design at the end sucked. It was boss fight rooms connected with corridors for three hours. It wasn't as bad as Assault on the Control Room from Halo 1, but it was in the same vein.

But I liked the open world. It wasn't a traditional open world game. It was a short linear game, followed by a sort of mini-open-world, followed by a short linear game. That aspect I really liked. I enjoy linear shooters with lots of narrative and set pieces (although I prefer them to be a bit more varied.) I enjoyed that the open world wasn't huge and filled with too many side activities. It was enough to give me some exploration and the opportunity to boost my character, but wasn't so huge that my completionist nature burned me out on the game long before I saw most of the content (ala Witcher 3.)

By the time I finished the campaign a few days ago, I'd collected all of the Spartan Cores, all of the cosmetic chests, all of the artifacts, all of the FOBs (not just the key ones), rescued all of the marines, took down all of the outposts, and had full upgraded my kit (although I don't think I ever used the thruster ability.)

I think the weapons I used most were the battle rifle (scoped AR), the Commando, the pistol, and the Brute Shot Mangler. I rarely bothered with the Covenant Banished weapons. I would grab a Sentinel Beam whenever there was something tough to deal with, though. The sniper rifle would have been a favorite, except they kept the ammo count way too low to make it worth carrying in the open world. They should have bumped it up for the single player.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I would have loved it if this game was closer to Witcher 3 in its world design. I still consider that to be one of the greatest open world games ever made.

But yeah, I loved what there was of an open world game in Halo Infinite. I just wish the actual campaign was a bit longer, and a bit more integrated into the open world. It felt disconnected at times from the rest of what I was doing.
Covfefe!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

It really did feel like a tutorial, followed by an mini-open-world game, followed by a mini-shooter.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I reinstalled the multiplayer again. Been many months. Not as good as I was. I didn't do terrible though.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Playing MP again. Getting killed by the flag carrier in CTF by melee is the ultimate embarrassment....but I did it to a player..its all I had...wamp wamp dead. Hahahha.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I was just reading on Blue's News that they're releasing a new patch that will (intentionally) lock you out of the game if you're below their recommended video card specs. So no reducing settings for you in order to play it, you slow-computer-having-person!