Juno: New Origins - A simpler take on KSP?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

coopasonic

Re: Juno: New Origins - A simpler take on KSP?

Post by coopasonic »

The unclear progression in the career has caused me to lose interest. There is nothing to indicate what you need to do to unlock other pads or to get missions to other planets. I have $3 billion so I can afford to do just about anything, but with no guidance I lost my enthusiasm. I could grind out tech points, but I don't really need them. The community manager posted on the steam forums that they are working on making career progression clearer. I'll come back when I hear better things.

As a sandbox, it's still pretty great, but I don't want a sandbox.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Stefan Stirzaker wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:22 am Nice. Ive been dreaming in vizzy lol
Check this out: https://www.simplerockets.com/c/39YWX9/Orbital-Maneuver-Suite. It is a "rocket" you download into the designer, which consists of a command chip filled with a whole lot of programming :shock:. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Juno: New Origins | Demonstration flight with *semi-* controlled landing on Brigo using Vizzy

This is a video of my flight from the home launch pad to Brigo (the closest moon) controlled mostly by Vizzy. The only manual inputs were pressing "7" to start the countdown, then on orbit doing the node firing activities, then once in low orbit on Brigo initiating the descent using Vizzy by pressing "7" again. The landing is ugly because I still don't have my throttle settings tweaked and as you can see, I landed on a slope!

Steam screenshot of the Vizzy program used for this mission: Enlarge Image

My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I'm waiting on a DLC release for Nebuchadnezzar tomorrow so instead of doing something useful I'm going to try to land on Luna, the other moon of Droo. I'll use the same rocket as the basis of my J-Type and see what I need to tweak.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

A somewhat successful landing on Luna, again automated with Vizzy.

raydude

Post by raydude »

Just saw that this game is on sale for $13 from Steam, until Mar 23. I'll pick this one up while I wait for KSP2 to mature a little more.