[PC/PS5] Forspoken

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Smoove_B

[PC/PS5] Forspoken

Post by Smoove_B »

Looks like it has some potential. Coming in 2022
Introducing Forspoken, the new narrative-driven adventure set in a beautiful yet cruel world.

Play as Frey Holland, an ordinary young woman who must harness her magical abilities to survive
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Isgrimnur

Re: [PC/PS5] Forspoken

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

It looks like an interesting idea and world, but I wasn't impressed with what I heard of Frey's character.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I tried out the Forspoken demo on PS5 yesterday and was really disappointed in the look of the game. I think it has something to do with the HDR but the graphics seems very washed out and grey which really killed my enjoyment. I went back and looked at the last demo video and the textures and graphics looked significantly downgraded. I also reminded me of Morrowind in that there was a ton of fog in the distance which felt like a cheat in the demo to help with framerates. As far as gameplay I liked the variety of spells but the combat felt pretty boring. The demo didn't do itself any favors but just dropping you in an area with little explanation and you just run around and kill stuff. I feel like this game will be a dud and that is disappointing.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

Reviews are out and I’m on the fence. A couple of pretty good reviews, but more skewing to the bad side. Why is this game so pricey!? I guess I could wait for a sale but patience is not one of my strong suits. Any one else interested?
malchior

Post by malchior »

I was going to buy day one but am backing off for a sale unless the player reaction ends up being stronger than the mixed reaction it got from the critics. We also got no PC reviews...
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

malchior wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:20 pm I was going to buy day one but am backing off for a sale unless the player reaction ends up being stronger than the mixed reaction it got from the critics. We also got no PC reviews...
Same. I'm sure I'll pick it up on sale at some point, but I'm not in a hurry.
malchior wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:20 pm We also got no PC reviews...
Squeenix has such a bad track record of janky PC ports that I wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Tried the demo. Hard pass.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Jaymann wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:11 pm Tried the demo. Hard pass.
Yeah that demo did the game no favors for me. At this point Hogwarts looks like a better option if you want magic and high fantasy.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Playing the demo now. Its cool and not cool.

Games looks good and theres a nice map that als is pretty. But the controls lack for me and her crochet cape or whatever is very distracting billowing around. The map is slooooow to open for something I like to open every 20 feet or so lol. And the controls are not that great. Has good menus and shortcuts but controlling her though is lacking. It may be hurting me as Im having to play on LOW graphics to get any frame rates going. It wouldn't even allow me to choose STANDARD and HIGH is a slideshow. I enjoy the chat between her and the bracelet ....plus she cusses which I find I like as she is a New Yorker and all games lack this usually.

I am interested in Hogwarts but Ive never watched the movies just video clips. It looks amazing but I know my pc wouldn't run that.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"