Minecraft

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

McG2k1

Re: Minecraft

Post by McG2k1 »

I can't find anything specific for better minecraft 2. do you have any links?

so for me here's the individual mods I would like included, anyone else interested, give me yours and I'll add to this list.

Some form of Industrial Craft
MineColonies
Biomes O' Plenty with all the crap biomes turned off
some form of treecapitator
Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

Almost every mod pack has some form of fast leaf decay (e.g. Fast Leaf Decay) and felling of trees. Usually in the form of some variant of vein miner (e.g. Vein Miner). Some of them also have tools like Tinker's Construct that you can make that have that function.

Industrial Craft 2 is not made for 1.18+. It has been dropped but picked up as spiritual successors like FTB Industrial Contraptions. But there are tons of tech mods that have ore processing and power generation and the like- e.g. Mekanism, Industrial Foregoing and Thermal Expansion are still around. Mekanism is the one I use the most.

All the rage now it a Rube Goldberg like mod called Create that allows you to build crazy machines to automate all kinds of stuff. Think gears and pulleys and belts and boilers and hammers and blowers and so forth. Its fun to play with if that's your thing. But Create is not space efficient or easy if your just looking to generate materials for huge builds. Another big tech mod that is still very popular is Immersive Engineering which has a more industrial look (think draped wires and glass terminal points) and a lot of multi-block structures to make some very retro industrial looking machines.

Overall with Tech mods I tend to keep it pretty clean and mostly use Mekanism and Thermal Expansion machines. I occasionally mix in Industrial Foregoing stuff for specific mob farming, but prefer to just use Mob Grinding Utils items. For power, I use whatever seems fun from the modpack. I have done Thermal Expansion a lot for early and mid-game. Powah! works from A-Z and I got into it in my recent Stoneblock 3 game and liked it. I like the very efficient gas generators of Mekanism for mid-late game. Sometimes I just go for a big old reactor (from either Bigger Reactors or Extreme Reactors mod).

On the storage end - there are still lots of packs that have storage drawers (e.g. Storage Drawers is now Functional Storage, there is also Sophisticated Storage), and some sort of mass storage like Applied Energistics (AE2) and Refined Storage. ATM has all of those plus others like Dimensional storage.

Better Minecraft 2 (BMC2) can be googled and is on Curseforge. It doesn't have any of those big technical modpacks in it. It makes a great base for Minecolonies. But its not designed to be a heavily magical or technical pack.

Speaking of magical stuff - there are some really cool newer mods like Ars Nouveau that I highly recommend. Others like Hexerie (witchcraft) I haven't really played through. And some like Hex Casting I find to be quite obtuse and not worth the effort. Blood Magic is still around, but that's never been my style. Thaumcraft is defunct and I haven't seen Astralcraft around in awhile.

I think the newest Version Of Direwolf for 1.19 has most of the stuff mentioned above except for Minecolonies. But it just released in December and is probably in a pretty dynamic state right now.
My nephew, Jake - "I mean is there really anything more pure? Than sweet zombie monkey love?"
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Dungeons & Dragons is coming to Minecraft
Dungeons & Dragons is heading to Minecraft in a meaty new adventure arriving this spring. Wizards of the Coast and Mojang announced Tuesday, during a D&D Direct presentation, that Minecraft players will be able to explore the Forgotten Realms as classic D&D character classes and battle monsters like beholders, mimics, mindflayers, and — the most Minecraft-appropriate abomination — gelatinous cubes.

The story-driven Dungeons & Dragons DLC for Minecraft will start as many D&D adventures do: at the table, with players choosing their character classes and stats before they set off for locations like Candlekeep and Icewind Dale.

Mojang and Everbloom Games’ “blocky take on the world of D&D” will let players role-play as a paladin, barbarian, wizard, or rogue, and will feature a custom combat system. Players will be able to utilize skills — like the rogue’s backstab — and equip gear that affects their character’s stats in the action-RPG take on Minecraft. Players can expect about 10 hours of narrative-driven gameplay on their first time through the Dungeons & Dragons DLC.

Wizards of the Coast and Mojang are also bringing the world of Minecraft to Dungeons & Dragons, thanks to a new digital compendium of monsters that includes stats for the Creeper, Enderman, and other classic Minecraft menaces.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
McG2k1

Post by McG2k1 »

Hey which one of you guys was from Minnesota?