(former) console exclusives now on computer

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Max Peck

Re: (former) console exclusives now on computer

Post by Max Peck »

Sony seems to be committed to PC/mobile games as a long term strategy.

Sony wants around half its games to be on PC and mobile by 2025
Sony plans for roughly half of its game releases to be on PC or mobile by 2025, according to a presentation given during the company’s annual investor day. A chart shown during the presentation suggests this would be a major increase from its releases this year, when around a quarter of the company’s releases will be on PC and mobile, with the remainder split between its PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 consoles.

“By expanding to PC and mobile, and it must be said… also to live services, we have the opportunity to move from a situation of being present in a very narrow segment of the overall gaming software market, to being present pretty much everywhere,” said Sony Interactive Entertainment president Jim Ryan in comments reported by Video Games Chronicle.
It makes sense to me. There is a significant market segment that is never going to buy a PS console, so if they can gain market share by porting titles (especially titles that aren't driving hardware sales) then it seems like a no-brainer to make the move.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

_really_ want to see all the LittleBigPlanet games on Steam...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mitchwalla ... ing-to-pc/
Naughty Dog classics Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (AKA the Legacy of Thieves Collection) are allegedly scheduled for release on PC sometime in June, while other seminal PlayStation experiences — like Horizon Zero Dawn, Days Gone, Death Stranding and God of War — are already available to play on your nearest NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090.

A new leak surfaced today on Reddit that seems to point to both Returnal and Sackboy: A Big Adventure, two more beloved PlayStation exclusives, coming to PC in the imminent future. One user on the thread posted a handful of alleged PC setting screenshots that show typical option tweaks like ray-tracing, ambient occlusion and reflection quality. All of which, perhaps, hint at actual ported versions of these games existing and running somewhere.

Just this past week, some clever sleuthing led to more uncovering of a possible Returnal PC port, while Sackboy: A Big Adventure has long been rumored to be coming to PC since a Steam database leak last year. Additionally, April’s NVIDIA leak aligns well with today’s new info, as that list contained both of the aforementioned PlayStation titles for PC, as well as hits like Gran Turismo 7, Ratchet & Clank and Ghost of Tsushima.

Granted, everyone should be taking these leaks and rumors with a massive grain of salt, as nothing has been officially confirmed by Sony. That said, given the success PlayStation games have seen on PC, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if most of these exclusives end up making the jump. I feel like it’s mostly a matter of ‘when’ rather than ‘if’. So if this is all real, then hopefully the launches happen relatively soon.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

coopasonic wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:30 pm
Rumpy wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:16 pm :lol:

I don't mind. Maybe I need to be proven wrong more often to make things a reality! I'm quite surprised by this one because I thought it'd have more legal loopholes than the other exclusives. Interesting since there's a story relating how before the game landed at Sony, and it had been shopped around at Microsoft, and could have been an XBox exclusive. I don't know how that would have worked seeing as I thought Sony owned Spiderman as an IP?
Movie rights are sold independently of TV rights and video game rights and board game rights and toy rights, etc. Marvel owns Spider-man. Sony had the movie rights.
Ok, Though I imagine it's usually far easier for one outfit to to hold the rights, otherwise you get a situation such as when CBS and Viacom split and the right holders for the movies and TV were all messed up.
Smoove_B wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:39 pm I do wonder how much of the PS5 shortages are helping this happen.
I think that's very likely a large part of it. I mean, their strategy of porting Playstation games to PC has proven to be successful, and for them it's sort of like a promotional excersize, and it's likely maximized profits during a time where hardware shortages have lasted a long time.
hitbyambulance wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:56 pm _really_ want to see all the LittleBigPlanet games on Steam...

Interestingly, I'd think those games would greatly benefit from the Steam Workshop, particularly because the sun has set on them on the PS4, with the servers closed. Bringing them to PC could bring new life to the series.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls

the consoleized Wizardry

hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

been a while since there's been a Spider-Man game on PC

i still have this one:
box art was accurate. you spent a _lot_ of the game falling because your web was cut
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Man, for a minute there I thought you were saying that game was getting remastered. That's April Fools material :D

Like, imagine if you bought Spiderman Remastered, only to find you actually bought the other game :lol:
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Rumpy wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:14 pm Man, for a minute there I thought you were saying that game was getting remastered. That's April Fools material :D

Like, imagine if you bought Spiderman Remastered, only to find you actually bought the other game :lol:
NOW WITH RTX!
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Oh wow, I haven't thought about that 1982 Spider-Man game in forever...probably since ~1982. That's crazy!
Maybe next year, maybe no go
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

(aside: interview with the developer of Spider-Man 1982:
http://www.ataricompendium.com/archives ... olich.html )
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

With that weird icon blocking this thread I cant tell if its been updated or not ..so I just wander in sometimes to check the date of the last post.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection

(Uncharted 4, more or less)

gbasden

Post by gbasden »

hitbyambulance wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:36 pm UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection

(Uncharted 4, more or less)

How interesting would this be to people who have no idea what was in Uncharted 1-3?
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

I'm honestly surprised they didn't create a bundle of the first three to go along with the release of the 4th game on PC.

I mean, one can easily play it without playing the first 3, but you lose out on a lot of references and history between the characters, some of which help to understand why the series is so great.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

They did a PS4 remaster for The Nathan Drake Collection in 2015.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Yeah, they did, so why not also release that for PC? It makes sense seeing as the PC doesn't have series history like the Playstation does.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Triangle Strategy coming to PC on October 13.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

I had no idea that they intended to port Triangle Strategy, or I would have waited. I don't enjoy gaming on the Switch and thought it was one of those titles that would forever be exclusive. I knew Disgaea 6 would get ported over and I know Fire Emblems never come over. This one surprised me....

I wonder if LiveA Live (or whatever it's called) will get a PC version. :eusa-think:
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Baroquen wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:18 pm I wonder if LiveA Live (or whatever it's called) will get a PC version. :eusa-think:
almost certainly it will
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

This was released today. The last Playstation I had was a PS2, so I'm ignorant of the whole series. I might have to consider picking it up. And you can get it at a discount on Green Man Gaming.

My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

It's too bad they haven't also released the remastered trilogy on PC as well.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Rumpy wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:55 pm It's too bad they haven't also released the remastered trilogy on PC as well.
pretty unlikely anyone else here would do this, but i picked up the first three for PS3 at Half Price Books for somewhere around $2 each*. i still have a PS3, but you could also try to get RPCS3 up and running if you have a decent enough system.

https://rpcs3.net/quickstart

i also have a broken PS3 (busted motherboard) that i can salvage the BD-ROM drive from and use a proprietary adapter to rip the games off the discs.

* just for completeness, i got the fourth one for PS4 for $3
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

i remember this being a pretty good River City Ransom-ish title

(has some Ubi-related porting issues, however)
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Sony is still at it:

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

Scraper

Post by Scraper »

hitbyambulance wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:18 pm Sony is still at it:

R&C Rift Apart is a fantastic game. No idea how it will run on a PC, but it looked great on the PS5 and ran great too.
FTE
disarm

Post by disarm »

Scraper wrote:
hitbyambulance wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:18 pm Sony is still at it:

R&C Rift Apart is a fantastic game. No idea how it will run on a PC, but it looked great on the PS5 and ran great too.
I second this...super fun game that looks amazing on the PS5. Rift Apart was my first experience with a R&C game and I came away from it very impressed.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Nixxes did the PC port of this and by all accounts it's actually optimized and runs well (see their track record: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nixxes_Software ) - they were pulled in to fix the PC performance issues for Horizon Zero Dawn
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

FRONT MISSION 1st: Remake

(remake of the first Front Mission on Super Famicom, later ported to PlayStation 1, later remade for DS, later remade again for Switch, which was then ported to PC)
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

going to guess the version of MGS in this collection is going to be a new port and not the original Windows release from the 90s:

Chraolic

Post by Chraolic »

Apparently this is getting released on Steam next year so that's nice, I hadn't seen any announcement.

hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

finally....

Ghost of Tsushima

Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

hitbyambulance wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:07 pm going to guess the version of MGS in this collection is going to be a new port and not the original Windows release from the 90s:

Never played these back in the day though occasionally watched my son's friend play it. May give it a look.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter