Diablo II: Resurrected

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

rittchard

Re: Diablo II: Resurrected

Post by rittchard »

Curious if anyone is playing D2R or planning to play once the official ladder season starts. I don’t really know if there’s much special about ladder play but it starts on 4-28.

In other Diablo news I just noticed Diablo Immortal is releasing 6-2 and is also on PC…
Torfish

Post by Torfish »

Looking forward to ladder. I'll be playing at the 8pm EST start time on Thursday and playing most of the day on Friday. Saturday is my son's college graduation. Going to be a great weekend.

I have no pre-plan. Still thinking about what character to play. Between the huge patch and ladder, the game feels fresh again.
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

Torfish wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:48 pm Looking forward to ladder. I'll be playing at the 8pm EST start time on Thursday and playing most of the day on Friday. Saturday is my son's college graduation. Going to be a great weekend.

I have no pre-plan. Still thinking about what character to play. Between the huge patch and ladder, the game feels fresh again.
Cool, I may look you up if I give it a whirl too. What is your Battlenet thing? I am rittchard#1447

Anyone else?
Torfish

Post by Torfish »

Thanks Rittchard. I play on the PS5 mostly. I'll tag you once I log in tonight. Join anytime!
Authority924

Post by Authority924 »

Still waiting for their mobile game release, it should be soon
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Finally picked this up. While I'm missing some of the mods/improvements from Path of Diablo, it's wonderful to have a stable version of the game with such beautiful visual improvements. Even though I've played the original recently, it's amazing how much the new art and animation just "fits". Outside of the lighting, it feels like what I've always been looking at and I'm shocked whenever I hit F5. (Though the old art isn't at all a deterrent.)

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
DOS=HIGH

Post by DOS=HIGH »

I just saw that this is on sale for $13.19 on Battle.net until the 27th. I wasn't that interested at $40 but I'll do it at this price for a trip down memory lane.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

DOS=HIGH wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:52 pm I just saw that this is on sale for $13.19 on Battle.net until the 27th. I wasn't that interested at $40 but I'll do it at this price for a trip down memory lane.
Agreed, $40 was too much. At this price point, got 2 copies so me and wife could play. She's not a huge fan but she REALLY likes the secret cow level.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Yeah thanks for the heads up on the sale. I grabbed it as well and have been fun messing around with it. Brings back some happy memories.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

$13 was too low to pass on - sale still on 'til tomorrow.
Always owned (Big Box), never really got into until now.
I am now in Act IV squaring off with Diablo himself. Went full summon with three dire wolves, a level 26 henchman and my inventory full of potions and charms.
I have used only this one weapon which dropped in my first hour of play:
I never had to grind until now, but my first encounter with Diablo ended badly. I forgot to put all my gold back in my stash. :doh: Now, if I want to enjoy the last three cinematics - grind I must.

update:
Went from level 26 to level 30.
My fire resistance is 75% with another 173% bonus fire resistance.
Diablo still managing to kill me before I can portal out. :grund:

update 2:
now for Baal, Lord of Destruction
Last edited by Dave Allen on Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

East, always east!
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter