Solasta: Crown of the Magister (D&D SRD 5.1 CRPG)

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

IceBear

Re: Solasta: Crown of the Magister (D&D SRD 5.1 CRPG)

Post by IceBear »

Btw, I just reinstalled to play the DLC and noticed in the game options you can turn on rerolls for locks. Reroll Exploration checks I think it's called
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

I had the multiclass mod (and it's required counterpart, can't remember the name), and now my game won't even load with them active. How can I get them updated?
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

I'm not sure you can as many of the individual mods have been deprecated and rolled into the big Community Expansion Mod.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Hyena wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:23 pm I had the multiclass mod (and it's required counterpart, can't remember the name), and now my game won't even load with them active. How can I get them updated?
Madmarcus wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:29 pm I'm not sure you can as many of the individual mods have been deprecated and rolled into the big Community Expansion Mod.
Uninstall them and install the Community Expansion Mod. It covers multi-class, the variant human and a host of other things, that are all things you can turn on/off individually.
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

Zenn7 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:49 pm Uninstall them and install the Community Expansion Mod. It covers multi-class, the variant human and a host of other things, that are all things you can turn on/off individually.
Hopefully that works even on an old save.
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

Ooh, excellent! Thanks!
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Madmarcus wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:33 pm
Zenn7 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:49 pm Uninstall them and install the Community Expansion Mod. It covers multi-class, the variant human and a host of other things, that are all things you can turn on/off individually.
That I couldn't tell you. I can tell you the update for the game Steam had last week required a CE mod update and my saved game did not get wiped out.

And that I'm loving my Rogue/Ranger (3/3 now - got a single hit in tonight that did 30 damage, not a crit; 1d6+5 (Dex) +1 (magic sword) + 2d6 (sneak) +1d6 (hunter's mark) +1d8 (colossal slayer). 2 more levels of Ranger for 2 attacks/round and then Rogue, up that sneak attack.
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

Updates to the game and the CEM both seem fairly painless and work with old saved games but I know that I had problems in Pathfinder when I came back to the game after a break and removed a now old and unsupported mod. Since the CEM is from the same people as the Multiplayer mod and is meant as an all in one solution I'd hope it would be backwards compatible but I'm always a little hesitant.

I've been toying with whether I should multiclass by barbarian after I hit 5th level. A fighting style and action surge is probably worth two levels.
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

Zenn7 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:26 am
Madmarcus wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:33 pm
That I couldn't tell you. I can tell you the update for the game Steam had last week required a CE mod update and my saved game did not get wiped out.

And that I'm loving my Rogue/Ranger (3/3 now - got a single hit in tonight that did 30 damage, not a crit; 1d6+5 (Dex) +1 (magic sword) + 2d6 (sneak) +1d6 (hunter's mark) +1d8 (colossal slayer). 2 more levels of Ranger for 2 attacks/round and then Rogue, up that sneak attack.
Yep, Rogue/Ranger is a deadly build in this game. I've already finished it once, so I'm going into the Lost Valley with basically a broken party. :mrgreen:

I have what is essentially a Paladin that plays like a Monk in he has an unarmored feat that allows Wis and Dex to determine his AC, so with a basic shield and NO ARMOR he has a 21 AC. I considered having him take the feat where hand-to-hand does 1d8, but there are too many cool swords to use in the game.

I also have a Hex Warlock [Beta] with a similar feat using Charisma, so she's got an 18 AC. She's going to use a staff (which doubles as her arcane focus) as her soulbound weapon and Shadow Armor at will, which will put her over 20 in robes.

And then I have a Ranger/Rogue, of course.

I'll post my success (or crushing failure).

Harkonis

Post by Harkonis »

hoping they get coop working with mods sooner rather than later.
I loved DP too! :P - ChesspieceFace
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

I'm having a fairly serious issue with the CEM. My tinkerer can summon a construct (that looks like a ghostly wolf but that's not a big deal). However that makes the party have 5 members which seems to be breaking the area transitions in the first gem quest (Dark Castle).

Edit - confirmed by a mod author as a problem in the original game code causing the issue. The Community Expansion Mod is great but putting out a feature that they know breaks area transitions without warning about it in any way seems like a fairly poor way to do it. Especially when it is a power gained at 5th level so you've already invested in character before hitting the problem.

Solasta is good but linear enough that I don't want to repeat a third of the game right now so I guess I'm off to the Lost Valley.
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

Thankfully only some of the blue area transition boxes block extra party members. I was able to get out of the area onto the overland map and trigger a random encounter to kill the construct.
Jolor

Post by Jolor »

Patch Notes - Version 1.3.53…fairly extensive. Hope it fixes the majority of everyone's problems with the game. Also provides a list of known issues.
So sayeth the wise Alaundo.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Finally figured out the edge scrolling issue. The "Enable Edge Scrolling" toggle doesn't actually do it. You have to also click on the "Confine Cursor to Window" toggle, then moving your mouse to the edge of the map will scroll.

Weird.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Anyone played The Lost Valley DLC? Can you use your existing party, or must you start from scratch?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Most of the way through, haven't had time to go back and finish (sucky month).

No, you can't use your previous party, you have to start over. You could use the same characters as they were at Level 1 I guess.

It is a whole new campaign designed to start at L1. If you started at L10, you'd be bored by all the combats as you plowed through them with 0 challenge.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Zenn7 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:38 pm Most of the way through, haven't had time to go back and finish (sucky month).

No, you can't use your previous party, you have to start over. You could use the same characters as they were at Level 1 I guess.

It is a whole new campaign designed to start at L1. If you started at L10, you'd be bored by all the combats as you plowed through them with 0 challenge.
I have level 1's with equipment. If I can use those I'm in.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Jaymann wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:29 pm
Zenn7 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:38 pm Most of the way through, haven't had time to go back and finish (sucky month).

I have level 1's with equipment. If I can use those I'm in.
That I'm not sure about. I just rolled new characters (I hadn't played w/ the other DLC yet so I wanted a Barbarian and Druid and went with a Sorcerer instead of a wizard).
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Yes! I am able to use my Level 1 geared up characters for The Lost Valley. That makes a huge difference for me. After playing the whole original campaign I don't want to go back to grubbing for crumbs.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Jaymann wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:55 pm Yes! I am able to use my Level 1 geared up characters for The Lost Valley. That makes a huge difference for me. After playing the whole original campaign I don't want to go back to grubbing for crumbs.
I would have liked a campaign that picked up where the last left off in terms of - "Yay, we're L10 now and got all this kick butt gear, let's go face suitably appropriate challenges."

But that wasn't to be. Since I'm starting over, I wanted to start OVER.

But to each their own. Happy for you that you were able to do what you needed to do to make this an enjoyable experience for you.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

good grief, I have never rolled so many 1's in my life. It does not feel like the dice rolls are random, like they are weighted to help the AI. Very frustrating after a 9 hours of play and I have yet to have a battle where I got good rolls consistently. Definitely get bad rolls consistently.

The Dim lighting disadvantage is maddening, I thought I read they were changing that.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Lassr wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:12 am good grief, I have never rolled so many 1's in my life. It does not feel like the dice rolls are random, like they are weighted to help the AI. Very frustrating after a 9 hours of play and I have yet to have a battle where I got good rolls consistently. Definitely get bad rolls consistently.

The Dim lighting disadvantage is maddening, I thought I read they were changing that.
Thought it was an option in the game, but that might be the mod I'm using. I keep it on because I like to play by tabletop rules as close as the game will get. Of course I seek out darkvision items for everyone in the party who doesn't have that ASAP. And have learned to keep light spell active at all times.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Zenn7 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:10 am
Lassr wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:12 am good grief, I have never rolled so many 1's in my life. It does not feel like the dice rolls are random, like they are weighted to help the AI. Very frustrating after a 9 hours of play and I have yet to have a battle where I got good rolls consistently. Definitely get bad rolls consistently.

Thought it was an option in the game, but that might be the mod I'm using. I keep it on because I like to play by tabletop rules as close as the game will get. Of course I seek out darkvision items for everyone in the party who doesn't have that ASAP. And have learned to keep light spell active at all times.
may have to look into the MODS. Every battle I've had has been in dim lighting. It affects my long bow the most, it's almost useless rolling at a disadvantage every time. I'll need to look for Darkvision items and purchase, i have not come across any yet.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter