tl;dr: Launch window players are getting a “thank you” package
  • Inventory Wipes & Restoration
    tl;dr: We’re working on restorations
  • Re-balancing
    tl;dr: We’re rebalancing a handful of certain skills
  • Multiplayer Stability and Connection
    tl;dr: We’re continuing to work hard on improving this
  • Connectivity Post-Mortem
Note that when they say "rebalancing" they mostly mean "nerfs" -- it seems that everything there either involves making abilities weaker or content more difficult. The good news is that the Devastator escaped the nerf hammer for now, presumably because it is already the weakest and least popular class.
Trickster: The base cooldown of the Twisted Rounds skill has increased to 25 seconds (Previously: 16 seconds). They think bullet builds are too good and permanent uptime on them is too easy to achieve.

Trickster: Disruptive Firepower, Scion of Power, Outrider Executioner - have had their power reduced to 35% (Previously: 50%). They think these skills stacked with Twisted Rounds too well for too much damage.

Technomancer: "Damage Against Poison" has had its power reduced to 15% (Previously: 30%), and Vulnerable is now a 15% debuff instead of 25%. In short, tox spreading builds were too strong with Blighted Rounds.

Pyromancer: "Trial of Ashes" has been reduced 15% extra damage (Previously: 30%). Same thing I guess with Volcanic Rounds.

Devastator: Nothing. The class is currently being booted out of endgame parties for not being strong enough, but no buffs have been announced.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
coopasonic

Re: Outriders - Sci-Fi RPG/Shooter

Post by coopasonic »

I just finished the story with my second character, Pyro. I ended up locking the world tier at 3 for the whole run. The gear issues with the character leveling and the world tier leveling just gets to be annoying particularly earlier when you don't have many skill points. I mostly just wanted to see what the bullet builds were all about and yeah, now I get it. When volcanic rounds are up, it's a massacre. When it ends and my 50% post-rounds firepower boost ends, it's basically a game of staying alive until volcanic rounds is up again, though generally by the time it ends everything is dead anyway and the cooldowns reset when you transition areas anyway.

I'll go back and run side quests to get to max level (finished at 27) and then start progressing world tiers and see how good these bullet builds really are.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Genghis

Post by Genghis »

coopasonic wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:20 am I just finished the story with my second character, Pyro. I ended up locking the world tier at 3 for the whole run. The gear issues with the character leveling and the world tier leveling just gets to be annoying particularly earlier when you don't have many skill points. I mostly just wanted to see what the bullet builds were all about and yeah, now I get it. When volcanic rounds are up, it's a massacre. When it ends and my 50% post-rounds firepower boost ends, it's basically a game of staying alive until volcanic rounds is up again, though generally by the time it ends everything is dead anyway and the cooldowns reset when you transition areas anyway.

I'll go back and run side quests to get to max level (finished at 27) and then start progressing world tiers and see how good these bullet builds really are.
I agree, i just finished the quest line at 28 or 29 at WT8 on a Techno. As long as the blighted rounds were up i could massacre everything, soon as they dropped i exploded. I don't mind them nerfing the skill, but they need to up normal gun damage to compensate. Without blighted rounds your gun is just useless at higher World tiers. It feels like you are gumming stuff to death. (yes you can kill stuff, usually not fast enough when your mobbed by 7 or 8 things all at once) . AP also just doesn't seem to scale as well.
Harkonis

Post by Harkonis »

I'm running all my alts through story at WT1 and ending at 26-28 just fine. It's just so much less stress and I can worry about getting geared up after.
I loved DP too! :P - ChesspieceFace
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

A little over 60 hours in now. I got my second character (Pyro) to WT15 and started working on the end game expeditions. I am having some trouble at CT8 solo. A couple changes for survivability should help, I just need a couple better rolls so I can swap the appropriate mods in.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I finished the story tonight with my Technomancer at L30 and WT12, although I had to drop it to WT11 to finish the final boss battle.

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Genghis

Post by Genghis »

So, I finally got WT 15 last week, only around CT 8 on expeditions. The game is still buggy as hell and the drop rate on legendries is still hot garbage. The issue that i am having is i need the mods on some of the legendries to progress much further. But Legendries really don't drop until you are CT 15. Only you need the legendary mods to reach CT 15... I have all the tier 1 and 2 mods that are not Legendary only unlocked. But i am missing the defensive mods to stay alive. lose 2/3s of my health if a white normal mob looks at me funny.

I would not recommend this game in the state that it is in. Maybe if it went on sale, but with all its issues it is not worth $60.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

If you're into grinding, you can (slowly) farm legendaries by repeating all the hunting and bounty side missions. Each time you complete the full set of each, you are rewarded with one legendary item (armour for the hunts and a weapon for the bounties, iirc), and you're given the option to reset the missions and do them again. Rinse and repeat to your heart's content.

I'm pretty much done with the game, at least for the time being. I played through the story with a Technomancer and ended up at WT15, then promptly bounced off the expeditions. When I arrived at the end game, I had CT4 unlocked, but I get curbstomped at anything over CT2. That means that even when I do complete an expedition, the loot is all a good 10 levels below what I'm currently using, so it's all trash that I either sell for scrap or melt down for resources. Even if I did get a legendary drop, it would probably be too expensive to level it up and I'd have to stash it or melt it down for the mod.

I tried restarting with a different class, but just wasn't feeling it so I set the game aside and moved on to other things. I'll probably give it another run at some point, but for now I'm finished.

Genghis

Post by Genghis »

Max Peck wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:44 pm If you're into grinding, you can (slowly) farm legendaries by repeating all the hunting and bounty side missions. Each time you complete the full set of each, you are rewarded with one legendary item (armour for the hunts and a weapon for the bounties, iirc), and you're given the option to reset the missions and do them again. Rinse and repeat to your heart's conten.
Yeah i did that a few times, (4ish maybe), but I am not sure its worth the time investment. Saw a few posts that there is a set number of legendaries that drop from those. And they made it so you can't get a full set of any of the class sets from them as well.

I'm pretty much done with the game, at least for the time being. I played through the story with a Technomancer and ended up at WT15, then promptly bounced off the expeditions. When I arrived at the end game, I had CT4 unlocked, but I get curbstomped at anything over CT2. That means that even when I do complete an expedition, the loot is all a good 10 levels below what I'm currently using, so it's all trash that I either sell for scrap or melt down for resources. Even if I did get a legendary drop, it would probably be too expensive to level it up and I'd have to stash it or melt it down for the mod.
If I am lucky i can gold two of the expeditions at CT8, if I am unlucky i just explode as a white mobs looks at me. Even when i get gold, the gear is below the WT15 gear by several levels. Its
stupid. I can clear WT15 hunts and kill quests fairly decently without deaths, but Expeditions which drop worse gear kill me.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

So, returned to this after awhile on xBox. Are OO'ers still playing, or should I stick with Single Player (L4 Trickster or Technomancer now I think - Just killed Gauss tonight).
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

Just picked this up for the PS5. Getting kick out of it so far as it scratches my looter/shooter itch.

I've enabled cross-play (however that works) and my PSN name is hamlet3145 if anyone needs a noob as cannon fodder.
Harkonis

Post by Harkonis »

I'm on xbox and plan to return at some point. the people I play with regularly likely won't.
I loved DP too! :P - ChesspieceFace
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Hamlet3145 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:11 pm Just picked this up for the PS5. Getting kick out of it so far as it scratches my looter/shooter itch.

I've enabled cross-play (however that works) and my PSN name is hamlet3145 if anyone needs a noob as cannon fodder.
I don't know if it has been adjusted at all since release but the implementation of level scaling was AWFUL at release.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

coopasonic wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:41 pm
Hamlet3145 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:11 pm Just picked this up for the PS5. Getting kick out of it so far as it scratches my looter/shooter itch.

I don't know if it has been adjusted at all since release but the implementation of level scaling was AWFUL at release.
Gotcha. Guess I'll just have to level up (and figure out what the heck I'm doing). :lol:
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

I know I'm late, but I started playing through this with a friend in coop. I'm really enjoying the story and atmosphere, and crafting and focusing your character build is really interesting. There's something very visceral and satisfying about the combat. I'm nowhere near end-game, but I'm having fun!
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Just started playing this. No investment since it’s on XBOX Game Pass. Pleasantly surprised so far. The story seems compelling, and it’s a good looking game. Seems like kind of a Gears of War / Destiny mashup.

Anyone still playing?
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Kurth wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:20 pm Just started playing this. No investment since it’s on XBOX Game Pass. Pleasantly surprised so far. The story seems compelling, and it’s a good looking game. Seems like kind of a Gears of War / Destiny mashup.

Anyone still playing?
I am playing it now. My son is excited about Worldslayers release. I want to call it expansion or DLC but it seems like they are releasing it as a new version of the game. It looks like an interesting expansion of the world and extension of the gameplay.

From my initial play time I had two level 30 characters and now I am playing with the characters I didn't play with before and I am really enjoying them. I'll likely have all four classes in endgame by this weekend. I really hope my son sticks with it for a bit. He has some pretty serious gaming ADD. He likes to revisit his comfort zone (Terraria/tmodLoader) regularly.

Coming 6/30 with 48 hour early access if you preorder.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

coopasonic wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:03 pm
Kurth wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:20 pm Just started playing this. No investment since it’s on XBOX Game Pass. Pleasantly surprised so far. The story seems compelling, and it’s a good looking game. Seems like kind of a Gears of War / Destiny mashup.

Anyone still playing?
I am playing it now. My son is excited about Worldslayers release. I want to call it expansion or DLC but it seems like they are releasing it as a new version of the game. It looks like an interesting expansion of the world and extension of the gameplay.

From my initial play time I had two level 30 characters and now I am playing with the characters I didn't play with before and I am really enjoying them. I'll likely have all four classes in endgame by this weekend. I really hope my son sticks with it for a bit. He has some pretty serious gaming ADD. He likes to revisit his comfort zone (Terraria/tmodLoader) regularly.

Coming 6/30 with 48 hour early access if you preorder.
Thanks for the heads-up. That DLC wasn’t on my radar, but I’ll definitely fire that up. I really enjoyed Outriders, so I hope this DLC is more of the same!
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Dont remember this thread. Seems I posted in it. No a hint of memory of it . Looks interesting . Strange that in the video I watched part of and Ill link that everyone looks the same..same skin color same hair color...its like humans all melted together or something.. Weird Ive seen nothing at all on it other than this thread.

I watched 30 min or this.....Looks fun though....comments say its too buggy to be worth buying though.

SPOILERS in video,,its long ..full game or something.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

When I played Outriders at release I enjoyed the story and gameplay but I completely bounced off the end game and lost interest part way through a replay. If I hear good things about the expansion I'll probably pick it up when it goes on sale sometime but I'm not really feeling an urge to play it at the moment.

So, um... Adrenaline-drenched alien monster bullet-hell/melee looter-shooter... Ugh. :coffee:

stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Max Peck wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 8:12 am When I played Outriders at release I enjoyed the story and gameplay but I completely bounced off the end game and lost interest part way through a replay. If I hear good things about the expansion I'll probably pick it up when it goes on sale sometime but I'm not really feeling an urge to play it at the moment.

So, um... Adrenaline-drenched alien monster bullet-hell/melee looter-shooter... Ugh. :coffee:
Now that's a stretch...... :D
He/Him/His/Porcupine
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I think the gameplay just clicks with me for some reason. It's like The Division 2 with better loot but way more chaotic. Personally I prefer Division 2, but my son doesn't and it just isn't the same solo.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

My friend says the endgame is a mess and enemies become bullet sponges and such.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I had fun with the endgame content for a bit at release, but it was rough solo and I am not interested in playing with randos. I wouldn't have called it a mess at all. Part of the reason I am getting back into it now is to see how the end game has changed since the early weeks. They've introduced some new endgame content that is not 100% speed focused like the original stuff was. Drop rates on legendaries was a bit low and I know that was improved at least a little. Worldslayers is supposed to expand the world tiers from 15 to 40, add another layer of skill trees for each class and bonus levels, like Diablo 3s paragon levels.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Downloaded the demo. Was really enjoying it until I got to my first altered ..the electro guy on top the tower. That killed me and my fun. I had him to nothing after using two guns full on him and one of those upgraded and all my fire abilities..then I suddenly started taking large amounts of damage and died. No thanks. I HATE games where its full of boss battles who are just run around run around run around while pumping tons of ammo into them. Not my thing.

Up until that point I was wondering how I could get the game sometime. Now dont care. I think though it would be easier if I had used my controller rather than reaching all over for mouse and keyboard buttons ..all in weird places..even after I rebound them..just too many. I was playing the pyro and wanted to test the sniper guy. May start new and try each class to that first town quest then quit since I think it said I could try them and it would skip that introductory area stuff since I played it once.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

So what classes have you guys tried? The first guy was a pyromancer. This new test is a ..uhhh..whatever the sniper ranged one is. Im finding this one harder to play than the first. I love the sniper rifle as 1 shot 1 kill but its hard to stay in a place and just use it. Theres lots of enemies and they are always moving up on you and throwing lots of boom booms. The pyro I played the first main mission to rescue your old friend and then did a side mission where a gang klls a storekeeper called Mr Wong. I plan to play those with each new class to test. I know they are inside too so a sniper doesn't seem a good fit.

After those two missions I will roll up a..uhhh...whatever the other 2 are..some kinda sneaky inviso assassin type which I dont see doing even as good as this sniper and a tank like guy who may turn out the easiest. Shall see. Again Im just in the demo .
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Pyro - Level 30 - mid end game (CT9)
Devastator - Level 30 - mid end game (CT10)
Technomancer - Level 30 - late end game (CT15)
Trickster - Level 27 - near end game

I've played all four through pretty much the entire game. They all have their strengths and weaknesses and require different play styles to really succeed. I got the furthest with the Technomancer, but I think that is mostly because I played him more recently, after they removed the timers on the expeditions by default (you can still turn them on in the options if you want them). I will say though, that I rarely use any kind of sniper rifle with the Techno. I only use it when there are enemies way far away sniping me, just to get them off the board early. I tend towards an LMG, keep moving and never enter cover. I will use whatever there is to block enemy line of sight, but sitting still is asking to die.

FYI, the net code still sucks after all this time, but co-op does make the game better. It is not in any way necessary though.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Outriders Worldslayer - Jun 30, 2022

It's almost as if people are the problem.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

So there was 48 hours early access and I played a bit and apparently already finished the new story content. It is very, very short. It is kind of interesting but soooo short, like a few hours (3-4 tops). I made one run at the new endgame stuff and it is interesting. I'll need to play around more. I am wondering if the path options are always the same or randomized, because if the same it could get kind of repetitive. I got my world apocalypse tier up to 17, but didn't have the gear for it so wasn't able to quite finish the trial.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

GMG has this for $13 as part of their birthday sale, seems like it might be worth it?

I don't see anyone talking about it, but it is a 2 year old game at this point so I'd expect a relatively short shelf life.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I enjoyed it well enough when it first came out, but not enough to replay it or buy the expansion/sequel/whatever that they released. IIRC, I ran into a brick wall with the end-game grind after finishing the story content.

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

There's a apparently a demo so I can at least try that first, but $13 is pretty close to where I'm quite forgiving towards a FPS.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I played the free part ..the demo I guess. I really really liked it. Ive been wanting it it since then but they came out wit ha Worldslayer DLC or pack or something and its never on sale like the base game is. Id love to buy it and go back if I could get an up to date game at the right price. Not get a good price but have stuff left out of it.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

The Steam reviews for the DLC skew pretty brutal. It sounds like it adds a tiny story campaign, then just adds stuff to the end-game grind, all for the price of the original game. I'd say that the base game is easily worth the sale price just to play through the campaign, but I'm not even slightly tempted to pick up the DLC unless it goes on sale at a much deeper discount.

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Yeah Worldslayer really just gives you a new endgame experience. It is interesting but not necessary, particularly if you really just want to play through the story and call it done. If you think you'll want to start messing with end game builds and get super OP, then that's when Worldslayer comes in.

...and technically it is not DLC, it is a new version of the game. Of course the fact there is an upgrade kind of counters that pointy, but whatever. :D
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

It's a new version of the game that doubles the price of the game. You can call it an upgrade rather than a DLC, but there don't seem to be a lot of people who call it a good value for the money at that price. :lol:

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I have about 90 minutes in the demo. It's not exactly what I expected. Not really crazy shooter like Borderlands but a cover-to-cover shooter -- something like Gears of War? Has interesting RPG-ish elements, lots of loot. Seems like a winner for mindless fun @ $13. :)
naednek

Post by naednek »

Smoove_B wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:02 pm I have about 90 minutes in the demo. It's not exactly what I expected. Not really crazy shooter like Borderlands but a cover-to-cover shooter -- something like Gears of War? Has interesting RPG-ish elements, lots of loot. Seems like a winner for mindless fun @ $13. :)
hows your motion sickness? I believe this was one of the games I had to adjust
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Wasn't an issue. I turned off motion blur and scaled the FOV to 110. I'll report back if there are problems.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Got $15 I picked it up since you guys said the Worldslayer thing wasn't that great anyways. Look forward to playing this again soon ...gotta finish some stuff and make room on my old drive for it.