ARK: Survival Evolved on Steam

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

mori

Re: ARK: Survival Evolved on Steam

Post by mori »

I have been playing this again the last couple of weeks. Just as a local host on The Center map. Still amazing how this is still so buggy.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Ok thanks. This week is not turning out to be a good one for Ark. I’m going to try to make time tomorrow.
Black Lives Matter
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

I can switch the server to one of the normal maps for the weekend if you’d care for me to, Lorini.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

I thought the free day lasted only til today? And no, you don't need to do that, you folks have a good time and I'll join you probably after the holidays.
Black Lives Matter
Papa Smurph

Post by Papa Smurph »

Hey, Fret! My son and I were gonna play. We logged into Ragnarok (BTW, thanks for that map because we can play since we don't have all expansions). Anyway, every creature in the game was like level 560 and killed us. Dodo's were impossible to kill. Would you mind resetting the world?
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

Papa Smurph wrote:Hey, Fret! My son and I were gonna play. We logged into Ragnarok (BTW, thanks for that map because we can play since we don't have all expansions). Anyway, every creature in the game was like level 560 and killed us. Dodo's were impossible to kill. Would you mind resetting the world?
I can, but Rcon is really unreliable on my phone and I won’t be able to until I get home this evening.

It won’t totally solve your problem, though. They spawn at that level.
Papa Smurph

Post by Papa Smurph »

They do? Is that a Ragnorak "feature"? We'll try it then.
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

Papa Smurph wrote:They do? Is that a Ragnorak "feature"? We'll try it then.
I just have the difficulty cranked way up.
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

I rolled back the difficulty by half and destroyed wild dinos. It should be much more survivable now.
mori

Post by mori »

Yea, I logged in a few weeks ago and could not do anything because of the difficulty level. Is all our stuff still there from the earlier time when we played on Ragnorak or did the world reset?
Papa Smurph

Post by Papa Smurph »

Thanks, Fret! My son and I got started before you reduced the difficulty and died a bunch but did make some progress. This should help!
Skipper

Post by Skipper »

Hello! My apologies for bumping this old thread but I'd like to cross-post from Quarter To Three and offer some fun for anyone still playing Ark: Survival Evolved. I run that cluster along with the help of Ragan on Quarter To Three.

The Quarter To Three cluster is still going, including with the latest free map Fjordur. We'd be welcome to have folks join. The servers are all PvE, and lightly modded, and Steam version only. Mods typically load when you try to log on to one of the servers since they are part of the Steam Workshop. Sometimes a mod might take a while and you'll reach the disconnect time prior to being done. Just attempt to join the server again and it will continue. Once mods are loaded you don't have to go through that part again, as all servers in the cluster run the same 4-8 mods. Transferring (with dinos and gear) is allowed between servers on the cluster via Obelisks, loot crates/terminals, and the Tek Transmitter. Most of us have locations around multiple servers on the cluster. Chat (pressing the enter key) is also cross-cluster so folks will see your name and the server you are on.

I'd like to welcome anyone from Octopus Overlords wanting to play. If you want, PM me your game name / OO or QT3 name so that we can share that in a thread there as well (or not, completely your discretion.) My Steam username is QT3 Skipper if you need assistance.

To add the servers, use Steam and add it under servers as favorites, using just the server IP and port format: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxxx

Current server players are:
Kelly = QT3 Skipper (*admin)
Ragan = QT3 Ragan (*admin)
Grembal = QT3 Grembal
Kelan = QT3 Kelan
Fozz = QT3 Fozzle
(and a few others)

155.254.28.106:27125
- QT3_ARK_The_Island

155.254.28.106:27045
- QT3_ARK_Valguero

155.254.28.106:27015
- QT3_ARK_Crystal_Isles

155.254.28.106:27095
- QT3_ARK_Ragnarok

155.254.28.106:27115
- QT3_ARK_Aberration

155.254.28.106:27055
- QT3_ARK_Genesis

155.254.28.106:27085
- QT3_ARK_Scorched_Earth

155.254.28.106:27295
- QT3_ARK_Extinction

155.254.28.106:27311
- QT3_ARK_Genesis_2

155.254.28.106:27015
- QT3_ARK_Crystal_Isles

155.254.28.106:27035
- QT3_ARK_Lost_Island

155.254.28.106:27135
- QT3_Fjordur

Thanks for your time, I hope to see a few of you online sometime.
-Skipper
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I haven't dug into the game myself yet (it's on my list), but thanks for thinking of us!
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

and I think I am done with ARK for the most part, but when Ark 2 hits, I might be looking for a friendly place to play.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Skipper

Post by Skipper »

Blackhawk wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:27 pm I haven't dug into the game myself yet (it's on my list), but thanks for thinking of us!
coopasonic wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:01 pm and I think I am done with ARK for the most part, but when Ark 2 hits, I might be looking for a friendly place to play.
No worries at all. I knew a few of you when the cluster was a bit younger. There are still a few die hards that play now so it's worth a shot mentioning it's open and available if anyone thinks it would be fun to jump back in.

I too look forward to ARK 2 but I'm wondering just how much they will change to keep up with a lot of the more modern tech and gameplay.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Remaster incoming:

Stefan Stirzaker

Post by Stefan Stirzaker »

Yeah my son is very excited for this, until they released the specs today and realised we need to upgrade the pc to run nicely. So we will see what xmas brings I guess.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I just barely hit the recommended, and my son (who is also excited) barely hits the minimums. And it's Ark - I expect it to run like a dog. Knowing the way Ark ran on release, I'd guess that those requirements are for 30FPS at medium settings. For high settings you'll need an RTX 6090.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Blackhawk wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:29 pm For high settings you'll need an RTX 6090.
I like your optimism!
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I was reading up on this today. As a building/survival game, mods were a big part of Ark. But for the remake, it turns out that they've restricted mods to Overwolf. Overwolf is not something that I'm interesting in having on my PC. It's intrusive garbage that seems to alternate between being system-slowing bloatware and malware.

In addition, they've given permission for authors to start charging for mods, and have been using that as a selling point.