SCOTUS Watch

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

El Guapo

Re: SCOTUS Watch

Post by El Guapo »

Zarathud wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:09 am Start with investigating Ginni Thomas for cause to remove Justice Thomas.
You would need to get a 2/3rds vote in the Senate to remove Thomas. Thomas could literally shoot someone in public and I don't think you could get that vote, especially when Democrats have the presidency and the Senate.
Black Lives Matter.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Drazzil wrote:So in the slim hypothetical that we somehow convince a large enough majority to build something new from the ground up, and that's a HUGE if....
Black men and women didn’t build something new. They stood up for their rights. Organized. Fought. Bled. Died even.

You’re not going to build anything new, so give up those dystopian 80s fantasies. That’s Republican fantasy. You bought into it and voted for Trump. And made it worse.

I completely believe you’d do it again looking to tear up the country, Drazzil. They’ve planned for this, and you don’t.

We beat them by making long-term plans, not fantasizing about a revolution. Pelosi isn’t going to fund-raise us out of it. It’ll take a new generation of leaders who are currently unknowns.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

El Guapo wrote:
Zarathud wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:09 am Start with investigating Ginni Thomas for cause to remove Justice Thomas.
You would need to get a 2/3rds vote in the Senate to remove Thomas. Thomas could literally shoot someone in public and I don't think you could get that vote, especially when Democrats have the presidency and the Senate.
If we wait until you have a 2/3 vote, we’ll never make progress. Proving Thomas has a conflict of interest and so shouldn’t be deciding cases is one step to contain the damage. Or maybe get a few more votes to remove him, if we’re lucky.
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

:grund:
Last edited by Defiant on Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Republicans are a team that acts in a coordinated manner and goes after anyone that doesn't fall in line and has a dedicated propaganda outlet. Democrats are a big tent running the spectrum from the squad to Sinema and Manchin with wildly varying levels of party loyalty and goals. It's not remotely a fair fight. The Rs ability to get results is built on the strength that unification and the dems have nothing that can compare.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Yep.

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Defiant wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:07 pm Yep.

Bingo.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Unagi wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:09 pm
Defiant wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:07 pm Yep.

Bingo.
This is just wrong. The Republicans exploited the antimajoritarian features of the system far more than relying on turn out. They didn't win popular majorities almost anywhere at the national level for decades now. What they did was use every dirty trick in the book to hold serve until they could take advantage of any opening.

Worse telling folks to vote harder ignores the actual problems that have to be faced. Biden today said he is still against structural change in the Court or changing the filibuster. That'd mean that the Democrats would have to win bigger majorities than they have in a half century to get anything done. Theyd have to win big in red states. Its an absurd strategy and message. In other words this approach alone is a path to further failure. The democrats have to propose direct action and structural change or they'll be in the same position they are now.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

That's all true and fine - but it doesn't mean that the Republican voters don't all step in line and hold their noses, and that seems to be because they like how those leaders play ball. And also, we cannot stop voting.

I think our problem though is that our 'leaders' are not focused on the right endgame. So, yeah.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Unagi wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:53 pm That's all true and fine - but it doesn't mean that the Republican voters all step in line and hold their noses, and that seems to be because they like how those leaders play. And also, we cannot stop voting.
I totally agree that showing up to vote is an important part of the only peaceful way out of this jam. However, when the leader of the party is pre-signaling surrender ... you're going to have a hard time getting people to do that. We desperately need someone to wake Biden up and get him to start talking about how we're in a crisis *now*. We can't go back to normal at this point. They need to have a strategy that will work. They need one with goals presented to the public. And they need to commit to structural change *now*. If all they say is vote harder, they'll lose.

Edit: Background on what I'm talking about. If you don't change the filibuster then you are signalling you need 60 reliable Democratic Senators. Probably 61 or 62. That is by all accounts impossible now. If you don't commit to changing the court, then you have to pass laws and then hope the courts don't just slap them down in a game of attrition. That's not sustainable either. In any case, they had several weeks to think up strategy for this moment. And yet we're seeing NOTHING except vote harder. I'm at a loss about what to do. Biden and the Democratic leadership are beyond useless.

I get why the Drazzil's of the world want to burn it down. There doesn't seem to be any will to do what needs to be done. Unfortunately the kids want to do it in idiotic ways, but frankly it'll probably go that way. Mostly because these fucking useless incompetents won't step out of the way or listen to alternate plans that have a sliver of a chance to work.

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I hate that. I think ending the Fillibuster is the only way to hobble this exaggerated power in the Senate. And, while I used to subscribe to the "Now now, let's not go crazy and just start adding Justices to the court all willy-nilly, they will just do it right back at us" camp, I actually think it's clear that we are moving into the end-game a bit faster and buying any time on this shit (like, let us do something NOW so as to protect gay marriage) is critically important. So now I thinking that packing the court is perhaps exactly/the only thing we need/can do.

It's very hard to imagine we are where we are.
Zarathud

SCOTUS Watch

Post by Zarathud »

If Biden or Obama had the votes in the Senate, there would be no Trump. There would be no McConnell strategy to appoint enough judges to swing the court.

VOTING IS THE GAME. Federal and State level.

Find out a way to get enough votes, then liberals don’t have to compromise.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Zarathud wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:40 pm If Biden or Obama had the votes in the Senate, there would be no Trump. There would be no McConnell strategy to appoint enough judges to swing the court.

VOTING IS THE GAME. Federal and State level.

Find out a way to get enough votes, then liberals don’t have to compromise.
Sorry but this is hopelessly myopic. The game is broken. Voting is an important part of the game but if all you hinge your strategy on is voting - you will lose. Flat stop. We have to get real. This isn't about not having to compromise or not. Or what happened in the past. That's done. The same people ruling now lost back then. They will lose now if they don't change course. We simply cannot save our democracy unless we change the game - pull out the stops - and unfortunately bank on fixing it later. I'm incredibly frustrated that people are really not getting how broken we are and how dangerous the times are.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, that's what it is now. Voting is critical - people should be voting. But voting isn't enough. It's not enough when states have been gerrymandered into compliance. It's not enough when the GOP is re-doubling their efforts to influence outcomes in 2022 and 2024. Everything from making it more difficult to vote to installing local/county/state officials that will have no problem following orders to disregard votes.

Sure, vote so hard they can't deny it, but that's not going to help *today*. If the DNC's response to all this is that they need to get more people registered and they need to fund-raise to develop some ads that really "zing" the competition, we're done.

EDIT: Like right now, there seems to be a push for a general strike on Monday. That is doing *something* - it's immediate action.
Last edited by Smoove_B on Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Part of it is that voting in battleground states is HUGE. If the Democrats of Arizona, Georgia, Florida, Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, or WhoAmIForgeting just give up - then, seriously - all is completely lost save for a very violent civil war...

Even the safe blue states will take a big hit, and that would just be in the first election cycle that followed any (ANY) movement that voting isn't Priority One. Tell me one thing that is so GOD DAMN EASY that is at the very least - recorded - that is more powerful right now. I am not saying that more (OMG SO MUCH FUCKING MORE) needs to be done, but to participate in any message that poops on voting is (indeed!) one massive way out of this, is not something I can get behind. We need to stay "in the game" here - and also expand our game "outside of the game" (massively). But as individuals - exactly what else is it that we are to instruct our friends, spouses, and co-workers to do about it?

We can't let a party that is in a position to exploit the antimajoritarian features of the system also control the majoritarian features of the system.

There is still some power (if not only to inspire those to make the effort, where the 'others guys' are doing everything to uninspire those to make the effort) to point out how the popular vote has played out for the last 30 years. The only thing that can happen by throwing even well-earned shade on the critical importance of voting is losing even harder.

So, with all due and well-earned respect - I completely reject your reply of "This is just wrong." It really isn't. (as much as it isn't the full answer, by any means)
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Smoove_B wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:56 pm Yeah, that's what it is now. Voting is critical - people should be voting. But voting isn't enough. It's not enough when states have been gerrymandered into compliance. It's not enough when the GOP is re-doubling their efforts to influence outcomes in 2022
I'm of like mind - but honestly - what are you saying people are to do (almost rhetorical, unless ya got something). I don't say this in a "there is nothing we can do" tone... I honestly want to know what to do. I honestly don't know what. I will do a lot (throwing cash at someone right now to my cynical brain seems stupid as shit). And this is a question to malchoir or Drazzil (yes, you are now grouped together.... I kid. :ninja: ), or anyone. What do I do tomorrow. Mind you, I have 2 children that I am directly responsible for. I could leave my State for like a week or 2 at the most before I've worn out the help I could rely on to oversee my duties there. I also hope to come out alive.

Smoove_B wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:56 pm EDIT: Like right now, there seems to be a push for a general strike on Monday. That is doing *something* - it's immediate action.
I mean, I love it... if people can come together on this idea... and take it more than just Monday- I love it. So many people taking random risks to 'protest' against their employer sounds like a reach, but I'm down for it.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

It’s not just voting. It’s hearts and minds. Marching in the streets. Pushing back on conservatives. And those who just want to burn it all down.

But Democracy is always about voting.

Winning strategy is about doing everything else to advance the cause, in addition to voting.

For example, my wife (a lifelong Democrat) is willing to volunteer by declaring herself as a Republican aligned elections judge. Why? She’s not going to engage in vote nullification. And if any Republican asks, she will mention that I do tax planning and they’ll jump to the wrong assumption.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Unagi wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:57 pmSo, with all due and well-earned respect - I completely reject your reply of "This is just wrong." It really isn't. (as much as it isn't the full answer, by any means)
I'm qualifying it for a reason. If I sense the answer is 'Vote Harder' and done that where I think it's wrong. Perhaps I'm misreading some folks. I think that 'Vote Harder' as a standalone strategy is a non-starter and is just self-evident at this point. Voting is important. Maintaining majorities is definitely important. Unfortunately it's starting to swerve into territory there that I don't think anyone wants to contemplate. But more on that in a sec.

In the end the Democrats have had majorities for years except at the local level where they've failed *hard*. All I'm suggesting is we need to start to hold these leaders accountable for one of the greatest political failures in American history. They need to give up the wheel and start listening to newer/younger voices. This leadership caste has done practically nothing to prevent massive democratic backsliding on a variety of values and policies. They watched as the other party built a paramilitary wing, built a propaganda wing, built a policy and intellectual pipeline, and a national strategy to undermine civil rights. All in plain sight. All along they could have stepped up to face that challenge. Instead they engaged in magical thinking and thought their ideas were special enough to carry the day. They fucked up. And I blame them and I personally wish they'd begin the process of stepping aside. Especially if the losses mount this fall.

As to the unthinkable factor about why I think majorities are important, I'm starting to assume we're going to descend into something that'll range from an authoritarian state to all out war. The 'blue states' or whatever we call them need to build legitimacy outside the borders of our nation premised on being the majority power. We may be reaching a point where we it'd be best to start thinking down the line to what does appealing to outside support look like. It sounds crazy. It is ... sorta ... but unfortunately I think it might be necessary.

And unfortunately what I've seen is this leadership caste can't look down a move or two anymore. Worse we need competent people looking 10-20 moves ahead. Sure they'd get some things wrong but you adjust. I've seen no semblance of a strategy that faces the massive challenges we see ahead. Instead I see them banking on the same ideas that have failed us over and over. It's time for a bloodletting figuratively speaking.
RunningMn9

SCOTUS Watch

Post by RunningMn9 »

It would be a very Dem thing to get rid of the filibuster, just in time to lose control of the Senate.

We have six months left and then that’s it. We can’t solve this in six months.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
malchior

Post by malchior »

Unagi wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:08 pm And this is a question to malchoir or Drazzil (yes, you are now grouped together.... I kid. :ninja: ), or anyone. What do I do tomorrow. Mind you, I have 2 children that I am directly responsible for. I could leave my State for like a week or 2 at the most before I've worn out the help I could rely on to oversee my duties there. I also hope to come out alive.
All I'm doing right now is keeping my eyes/ears open, and getting my financial house in order. That's a good idea in normal times. Still my grander strategy is developing multiple options for an exit. Having a plan in place is important even if I never even come close to executing on it.

In fact, I've begun actioning a big part of that strategy. I'm interviewing at multiple FAANG companies with the hopes of doubling my TC. I already have a decent sized nest egg - even after the current market downturn - and want to pad it. A lot of nations want older folks to have resources if you move there. I aim to have them free and clear even if we see major economic disruption. I also happen to have degrees in sectors that nearly every advanced economy demands (cybersecurity/AI).

Now this collides with the bigger issues. Do I want to do this? Is my wife in particular on board? How wide a net are we thinking - are in-laws in the plan? Sorta worked out but still this is about preparing an option for a disaster level event I think is going to happen at some time in the next 5-10 years.

The last thing I want is to be in a bind and have no outs. Is it paranoid? Probably but I think I have a decent track record reading the tea leaves. In a hurricane prediction sense. I knew the storm was coming. I knew roughly how strong it was. I didn't know where it'd land exactly but close enough to be ready. And I see the storm going from a Cat 2/3 to a 5 over the next few years. We'll get a good read on it as the summer progresses and we get this mid-term. Still it is looking extremely grim and in the face of those risks I will just keep preparing. If the risks never manifest, then perhaps I get to retire early.
Last edited by malchior on Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
malchior

Post by malchior »

RunningMn9 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:18 pm It would be a very Dem thing to get rid of the filibuster, just in time to lose control of the Senate.

To be clear I'd argue they need to promise to bust the filibuster *after the election* as part of their election strategy. It'll turn some people off for sure but I think they need to show that they have a plan to execute. The vote harder message is falling very flat with many. And with the kids in particular. They are exhausted from voting over and over to see their rights trampled by the losers. I say that recognizing a lot of them don't vote but I think we're seeing frustration across the board with failure. The Democrats need to promise bold action or they lose.
Holman

Post by Holman »

RunningMn9 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:18 pm It would be a very Dem thing to get rid of the filibuster, just in time to lose control of the Senate.

There's nothing Dems can do to prevent Republicans from dumping the filibuster 30 seconds after they regain the Senate.

The reason the GOP didn't eliminate it when they last had the the Senate is that they didn't need to. Republicans can accomplish their goals through judges and the budgetary process, both of which benefit from prior filibuster carve-outs.

If they hold the Senate and decide they need an actual law passed, the filibuster will be gone right away.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Control of the Senate at this point is beyond 67 votes.... and we will never see that ever again... It's time to remove the wall that we may never cross again which will only be our constant death blow.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

malchior wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:57 pm
Unagi wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:53 pm That's all true and fine - but it doesn't mean that the Republican voters all step in line and hold their noses, and that seems to be because they like how those leaders play. And also, we cannot stop voting.
I totally agree that showing up to vote is an important part of the only peaceful way out of this jam. However, when the leader of the party is pre-signaling surrender ... you're going to have a hard time getting people to do that. We desperately need someone to wake Biden up and get him to start talking about how we're in a crisis *now*. We can't go back to normal at this point. They need to have a strategy that will work. They need one with goals presented to the public. And they need to commit to structural change *now*. If all they say is vote harder, they'll lose.

Edit: Background on what I'm talking about. If you don't change the filibuster then you are signalling you need 60 reliable Democratic Senators. Probably 61 or 62. That is by all accounts impossible now. If you don't commit to changing the court, then you have to pass laws and then hope the courts don't just slap them down in a game of attrition. That's not sustainable either. In any case, they had several weeks to think up strategy for this moment. And yet we're seeing NOTHING except vote harder. I'm at a loss about what to do. Biden and the Democratic leadership are beyond useless.

I get why the Drazzil's of the world want to burn it down. There doesn't seem to be any will to do what needs to be done. Unfortunately the kids want to do it in idiotic ways, but frankly it'll probably go that way. Mostly because these fucking useless incompetents won't step out of the way or listen to alternate plans that have a sliver of a chance to work.

The only reason Biden is doing nothing is he is in the lead of the "sell the people out and settle for enabling the Republicans in doing what they are doing" crowd.

This is THE. ONLY. WAY. A. SANE. PERSON. WOULD. DO. NOTHING.!!!
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

PS: I really think that you guys throwing the fact that I voted for Trump over and over again repeatedly isn't going to do you or me any good. I voted for Trump in a safe blue state. Also I did it because I did everything right, and I still basically ended up a modern day sharecropper. I never got to use my degree. I did everything right and I was lied to and sold a bill of goods vis a vis higher education.

I wound up feeling ignored and marginalized, and told to vote a certain way because everyone else wanted to stay comfortable enough in life to continue to ignore me and the other members of the underclass. The people w/o connections and no hope of doing any better.

I paid the price. Trumps inaction on COVID killed my mom. That said? I definitely would vote for bizarro lefty Trump. I'd show up for his Jan 6 if he (or she) needed me to. Because America needs someone to take radical action to break the chains that have been erected against us. To do away with the SC and TBH? The house as well. Lets worry about constitutional niceities and conventions when we finish putting out the fires. Then we can start arguing with the insane people again.

One half of the population is allowing us to be driven off a cliff. They need to be bound and gagged in the fuckin trunk. Let alone in the cabin. We don't deserve democracy right now. We need someone to finish the job Lincoln started.

We don't need democracy. We need a green new deal, infrastructure, gainful employment and a path through this.
Last edited by Drazzil on Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Democracy is dead in the US. The only REAL question now is who is going to take the reigns. The more we talk about restoring the old system the less time we will have to fight what the other side has in store for us.

EDIT FOR: Remember when you guys promised that the second that the Republicans destroyed democracy that they wouldn't "go goosestepping down mainstreet"?

Well they have and they DID!
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Unagi wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:08 pm
Smoove_B wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:56 pm Yeah, that's what it is now. Voting is critical - people should be voting. But voting isn't enough. It's not enough when states have been gerrymandered into compliance. It's not enough when the GOP is re-doubling their efforts to influence outcomes in 2022
I'm of like mind - but honestly - what are you saying people are to do (almost rhetorical, unless ya got something). I don't say this in a "there is nothing we can do" tone... I honestly want to know what to do. I honestly don't know what. I will do a lot (throwing cash at someone right now to my cynical brain seems stupid as shit). And this is a question to malchoir or Drazzil (yes, you are now grouped together.... I kid. :ninja: ), or anyone. What do I do tomorrow. Mind you, I have 2 children that I am directly responsible for. I could leave my State for like a week or 2 at the most before I've worn out the help I could rely on to oversee my duties there. I also hope to come out alive.

Smoove_B wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:56 pm EDIT: Like right now, there seems to be a push for a general strike on Monday. That is doing *something* - it's immediate action.
I mean, I love it... if people can come together on this idea... and take it more than just Monday- I love it. So many people taking random risks to 'protest' against their employer sounds like a reach, but I'm down for it.
I'm not sure theres anything you *can* do to save you and your family. I would say move to a blue state or out of the country IMMEDIATELY... But I doubt when the SHTF that many countries will be taking masses of unwashed refugees. Blue states still depend on red states to an unhealthy degree. Even if you drop off the map when things go south the countryside will be FULL of angry hungry people.

You could do what I did and buy shit tons of gold and silver and stuff it in a bank box, but I think the first thing that will happen is that one way or another those boxes will get raided, either by the government to prop up their dying economy and insulate the 1% or by people looking to score when law and order become more fungable.

My best guess would be try and have three months of food and water on hand, medical supplies and maybe anything else you think you will need.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

And just to be clear, you yourself will have no part in this burn-it-down/total-rebuild effort because you are in no physical condition, etc, etc. Right?
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Zarathud wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:12 pm It’s not just voting.
Truth.

I know we're not getting AOC 2024, but God that'd be refreshing. We really need an upper limit on age for the office if President in addition to the lower limit. Maybe 35-54?

Thread, with many specifics rather than vote and donate, the usual Dem answers.

Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Unagi wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:34 pm And just to be clear, you yourself will have no part in this burn-it-down/total-rebuild effort because you are in no physical condition, etc, etc. Right?
Nah I was never a front lines guy. I can drive really REALLY well. I'm a phenom at making a spectacle. I'm REALLY good at customer service. I know how to cook and bake commercially. I can scale recipes into formulas. I know all of what a nursing assistant can do. I can do dosages for medications. I am a decent writer. I know how to run projects. I can operate a pistol, I'm a decent shot, but I am not a front lines fighter.

So logistics maybe? Afterwards, I think we will ALL need to rebuild. In the unlikely event that I live through any part of this I will be adding my skills to the pool needed for the rebuilding.
Last edited by Drazzil on Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Not knowing anything about law how is it the highest court in the country can just overturn its own near 50 year old decision in Roe v Wade?
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
waitingtoconnect

Post by waitingtoconnect »

Personally the whole thing concerns me. The supreme court has become the third chamber of congress akin to the UK House of Lords not a court of review from political overreach.

I think democracy has been dead in the US for some years now. The oligarchs run things, basically you are deciding do the tech billionaires or the resources billionaires run the country. 37 states are one party having a lock on all 3 branches.

Federally you have the search for a political messiah leading to Pepsi v Coke choices at best but in reality voters are now treated as turkeys having to choose between thanksgiving or Christmas. Only some of them get pardoned.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Drazzil wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:20 pm
Unagi wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:34 pm And just to be clear, you yourself will have no part in this burn-it-down/total-rebuild effort because you are in no physical condition, etc, etc. Right?
Nah I was never a front lines guy. I can drive really REALLY well. I'm a phenom at making a spectacle. I'm REALLY good at customer service. I know how to cook and bake commercially. I can scale recipes into formulas. I know all of what a nursing assistant can do. I can do dosages for medications. I am a decent writer. I know how to run projects. I can operate a pistol, I'm a decent shot, but I am not a front lines fighter.

So logistics maybe? Afterwards, I think we will ALL need to rebuild. In the unlikely event that I live through any part of this I will be adding my skills to the pool needed for the rebuilding.
You don't feel pretty lame promoting violence that you have no intention of being a part of?

Forgive me for not signing up based on your customer service skills.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

But he has a kick ass newsletter.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
waitingtoconnect

Post by waitingtoconnect »

One wonders what Thomas will do when the other judges override the interracial marriage ruling of 1967. The wedding cake controversies started with interracial not same set marriage.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Unagi wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:48 pm
Drazzil wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:20 pm

You don't feel pretty lame promoting violence that you have no intention of being a part of?

Forgive me for not signing up based on your customer service skills.
I see self defense as necessary We will need to go to certain places and just not be moved. Violence will be a necessary part of that.

As far as promoting violence, I really do wish it could be another way; but all of the non violent movements in this country have been absolutely crushed. Know a way to organize things so efforts towards changing the system isn't crushed? I'm all ears .
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

These aren't arguments to sway people to your point of view. They are insane rants that are completely out of whack with reality. Nobody here - nobody - takes you even remotely seriously. Just stop. And get some help.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

The military could step in and call a constitutional convention, clear out the dead wood. They will not.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Drazzil wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:10 am The military could step in and call a constitutional convention, clear out the dead wood. They will not.

Lol. What!?

What is it you picture the military doing ?

Ordering legislators to DC so that they can be executed?
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Unagi wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:21 am
Drazzil wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:10 am The military could step in and call a constitutional convention, clear out the dead wood. They will not.

Lol. What!?

What is it you picture the military doing ?

Ordering legislators to DC so that they can be executed?
I thought in certain times of deep national crisis the military is allowed to do such. Maybe I'm wrong?