Wyrmwood Gaming Table

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

hentzau

Wyrmwood Gaming Table

Post by hentzau »

After a wait of 20 months, my gaming table finally showed up.

In addition to the long wait, I’ve also had some bumps with delivery where nine out of the eleven boxes in my order were delivered on Wednesday, and then the last 2 showing up today with no notice. Thanks, UPS!

So here is my old table. It was a table that my wife bought for $1 at a salvage store and my daughter painted for me. Served me well for about 5 years.

The new table:

My basement game room/office has an iron girder running along the ceiling…I’ve been wanting to enclose it for years, but until I do so I’ve found a great way to store my cup holders and accessory trays.

I’m still waiting for 3 parts of the order…a play deck that is a sliding platform in the play area, a topper block to hold the topper pieces, and 5 player desks for games where the players need more space.

This is by far the most expensive piece of furniture I’ve ever bought, but man, the whole family loves it. Even my wife, who said she would probably like having something like that in the dining room to replace our aging dining room table.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Ænima

Re: Wyrmwood Gaming Table

Post by Ænima »

Very cool! I wish we could get that high quality work down in NZ. The options here are to either have something custom made or get a cheapy game table. I did the latter for now, and for the price, it's great, but I'd love an amazing piece like that.
Fishbelly

Post by Fishbelly »

The table looks awesome! :clap:

For me, the best part of a game table was how it influenced the rest of my family. My wife and daughters play board games much more often since purchasing my table, so it was money well-spent.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Beautiful table! Congrats on finally getting it delivered and set up.

Considering something similar but as our dining room table. We have extremely limited space so being able to have dual use gaming/dining surface would be huge. I know it's probably sacrilege to eat on something that nice but the table top part looks pretty robust.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

I love the ceiling cup holder storage. Hilarious and genius.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

AWS260 wrote:I love the ceiling cup holder storage. Hilarious and genius.
Pretty sure you could get that cup holder storage solution on Wyrmlife.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

One remains jealous! Beautiful - congratulations!

I would absolutely be taking advantage of that girder myself, though. Swappable everything! Lights, projectors, cameras, booms, etc, with industrial sized magnetic mounting.

And I could imagine putting some lights on the bottom (hidden) part of the 'ledge', putting collectibles /decorative items along it, then putting on glass /acrylic covers to keep the dust out.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Very nice!

This is a dream of mine someday. We have an "arts and crafts" room that the kids use as a playroom and for working on projects. My hope is a few years from now when they outgrow it I can turn it into a dedicated gaming room and put a nice gaming table in there.

Right now I'm just using a folding table right outside that room. It works, but it's a bit of an eyesore.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Yeah, a game room is a 'wishlist' type dream for me, too. I've been brainstorming it for more than 30 years. Right now I have a folding card table in the bedroom between my painting area and the bed. When it's up, you have to turn sideways to walk through the bedroom. It's lots of fun when I have a game I want to leave set up for a few days.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Beautiful table and a great setup. Looks awesome!

I would consider my gaming table to be one of the best hobby investments I've ever made. Mine's not nearly as nice as yours, but having a dedicated space and table for games can't be beat.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Skinypupy wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:00 am Beautiful table and a great setup. Looks awesome!

I would consider my gaming table to be one of the best hobby investments I've ever made. Mine's not nearly as nice as yours, but having a dedicated space and table for games can't be beat.
Thanks! I'm lucky to have a room that I can hold the table in, although really it deserves to be up in our dining room, not down in my basement. And my wife was really supportive of me getting this table. She knew I had been looking at (lusting after) them since the first time I saw a Geek Chic table at a convention. She fondly remembers conversations with my first roommates where we would discuss how we would build the perfect gaming table (back in the late 80's before such things existed.

Still waiting on shipping info for the player decks and play deck and topper holder.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Got in the rest of the accessories. Cramped but I think I can work with it.