Elden Ring

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

hepcat

Re: Elden Ring

Post by hepcat »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:01 pm
hepcat wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:37 am I picked up my first legendary ashes summons Saturday and now I'm raising my FP high enough to use it. It costs 104 FP, so it just HAS to be amazing....I hope.
Silly tarnished, the only thing that replaces the jellyfish is the mimic and the mimic uses ZERO FP!!!
Demi Humans at +2 are friggin' beasts....literally AND figuratively. I've stopped using the jellyfish entirely because of them.
He won. Period.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

In tonight’s grueling 3 hour session, our stalwart confessor/hero faces a dragon after fighting his way through a new region, and emerges victorious into the light….only to be met with another goddamn bigger dragon??!!

Join us next time as our confessor/hero tries to figure out how to explain to his neighbor why he hurled his controller through an open window and beaned his dog in the head.
He won. Period.
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:02 pm
Scraper wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:28 am
coopasonic wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:20 am
Octavious wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:43 am The one place I got halfway through and just said nope. It felt like trolling the way it was designed.
Did it involve a set of ramps surrounded by lava with a bladed steamroller rolling up and down? :P
I've been to that place. There are two really good full sets of armor in there.
My kid tells me I missed one. I am not really interested in going back.
It turns out there are more than one of these. I recently found a second one just outside the walls of the capital. It's called Ariza Heroes' Grave. The boss battle there is a real PTA. At level 100 I couldn't beat it.
FTE
Jag

Post by Jag »

hepcat wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:37 am I picked up my first legendary ashes summons Saturday and now I'm raising my FP high enough to use it. It costs 104 FP, so it just HAS to be amazing....I hope.
Silly tarnished, the only thing that replaces the jellyfish is the mimic and the mimic uses ZERO FP!!!
You get Mimic later though. The legendary ashes he got are probably the best until the Mimic and better for magic users unless they have a big health pool (they typically don't).

I just got Hoarfrost Stomp and it is as game breaking as people said. Little conflicted about using it, which is a crazy thing for me to say in a Souls game.
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

Jag wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:27 am I just got Hoarfrost Stomp and it is as game breaking as people said. Little conflicted about using it, which is a crazy thing for me to say in a Souls game.
There is no conflict... souls games are born to be cheesed. :)
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Jag wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:27 am
You get Mimic later though. The legendary ashes he got are probably the best until the Mimic and better for magic users unless they have a big health pool (they typically don't).
It's the headless knight and she (he?) is a goddamn tank on legs. It went toe to toe with a magma wyrm last night and lasted well beyond the cooperator summons I brought in from outside the boss curtain.
He won. Period.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

hepcat wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:17 am It's the headless knight and she (he?) is a goddamn tank on legs. It went toe to toe with a magma wyrm last night and lasted well beyond the cooperator summons I brought in from outside the boss curtain.
That my go to summons. Got it to +5 and it just wallops things. Doesn't hit very fast but does decent damage and lasts a long time. It's great for drawing away aggro so I can sit back and ping things from afar. Although now that I've got a sweet sword with a special that can one shot many enemies, I am more tempted to try do a bit of melee in these fights.
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I also love that it can teleport away from mobs of enemies, or suddenly appear near one far away.
He won. Period.
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Jag wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:27 am

I just got Hoarfrost Stomp and it is as game breaking as people said. Little conflicted about using it, which is a crazy thing for me to say in a Souls game.
I just got that today and decided to save it for when I had trouble with a big boss.
Black Lives Matter
Roman

Post by Roman »

Watching a walkthrough last night and realized that I missed the part where I could equip the soul thingy I got from killing Godrick!
Time to head back to the round table!!!
While feeding all the beasties out back I let a nice big fart. The smell followed all the way back to the house. It's like it was my baby and felt abandoned.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Roman wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:37 am Watching a walkthrough last night and realized that I missed the part where I could equip the soul thingy I got from killing Godrick!
They don't do anything without consuming a Rune Arc and then it is active until you die. Rune Arcs aren't exactly common. Of course this means I will horde them waiting for the right time to use them and then finish the game with all of them in my inventory like every other consumable ever.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Roman

Post by Roman »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:10 am
Roman wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:37 am Watching a walkthrough last night and realized that I missed the part where I could equip the soul thingy I got from killing Godrick!
They don't do anything without consuming a Rune Arc and then it is active until you die. Rune Arcs aren't exactly common. Of course this means I will horde them waiting for the right time to use them and then finish the game with all of them in my inventory like every other consumable ever.
Got that part yes. Does the actual Godrick soul go away at death too OR just the consumed rune arc.
While feeding all the beasties out back I let a nice big fart. The smell followed all the way back to the house. It's like it was my baby and felt abandoned.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

You keep the soul thingie, just lose the consumable.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

You also have to “reactivate” the soul. Be aware that is it’s own short quest.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

But not each time you us it, right, just the first time to make it available. Just confirming because the term reactivate makes it sound like it might apply more than once.

I've only activated two of them and only used one once, Godrick's when I needed to cast a spell for a quest that required 37 int that I did not have. One Rune Arc is cheaper than two larval tears, which I also have a pile of and will never use. I totally planned on switching to dex once I got the ability to respec... but I love my greatsword too much. It isn't even a very good greatsword, I think I picked it up in the first two hours, but it's mine!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Roman

Post by Roman »

I like the old shield and poke approach.

I think I discovered this combo back in DS1? I like the hide behind the shield and use my +8 halberd to poke and kill baddies.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Roman wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:12 pm I like the old shield and poke approach.
I used that method quite a bit in my younger days.......
He/Him/His/Porcupine
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I always forget you were in prison.
He won. Period.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

hepcat wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:57 pm I always forget you were in prison.
If only I could......

He/Him/His/Porcupine
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Enlarge Image
Last edited by Isgrimnur on Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:45 pm Image
I thought some of those trolls looked familiar......
He/Him/His/Porcupine
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

The fire giant was actually a fun fight!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

:lol: :lol: :lol: WTF?
He won. Period.
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:37 am But not each time you us it, right, just the first time to make it available. Just confirming because the term reactivate makes it sound like it might apply more than once.
No, just the once to "bring it to life" or some nonsense like that. You do that at towers. You also don't seem to have to do it for Rennala's, which opens up the use of rebirth/respec (but can't be equipped).

I thought some of those ruins looked suspiciously like Dayton.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

hepcat wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:13 pm :lol: :lol: :lol: WTF?
It's Wikipedia. Accuracy not guaranteed.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:37 am But not each time you us it, right, just the first time to make it available. Just confirming because the term reactivate makes it sound like it might apply more than once.

I've only activated two of them and only used one once, Godrick's when I needed to cast a spell for a quest that required 37 int that I did not have. One Rune Arc is cheaper than two larval tears, which I also have a pile of and will never use. I totally planned on switching to dex once I got the ability to respec... but I love my greatsword too much. It isn't even a very good greatsword, I think I picked it up in the first two hours, but it's mine!
If you help another player thru jolly cooperation you get a Rune Arc. I have over 40of them now. Pick a boss and offer your help.
Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I'm sure some of you already know this, but the patch is out:
Spoiler:
Additional Elements Added

Added a function to record an icon and the name of an NPC on the map when you encounter that NPC.
Added NPC Jar-Bairn.
Added new quest phases for the following NPCs: Diallos/ Nepheli Loux/ Kenneth Haight/ Gatekeeper Gostoc.
Added some summonable NPCs in multiple situations.
Increased the number of patterns of objects player can imitate when using Mimic’s Veil.
Added night background music for some open field area.

Bug Fixed

Fixed a bug that prevented summoned NPCs from taking damage in some boss battles.
Fixed a bug that sometime prevented the player from obtaining item after boss battle.
Fixed a bug that causes dialogue to be skipped when talking to NPCs and using custom key configurations.
Fixed a bug that causes the player to freeze when riding.
Fixed a bug that causes arcane to scale incorrectly for some weapons.
In situation where the player cannot obtain more than 2 talisman pouches, added talisman pouch to Twin Maiden Husks shop line up.
Fixed a bug that prevented the user from warping to sites of grace from the map at the end of the game.
Fixed a bug that prevented the player from moving to the next area after the battle with the Fire Giant.
Fixed a bug which causes some weapons to have incorrect scaling after strengthening.
Fixed a bug which causes some weapons to not use stat scaling.
Fixed hang-ups in certain occasions.
Fixed a bug which incorrectly displays multiplayer area boundary when playing online.
Fixed a bug that allows player to activate Erdtree Greatshield’s weapon skill without absorbing an attack using a special combination of item and incantation.
Fixed a bug which causes Fire’s Deadly Sin incantation to have different effect.
Fixed a bug with the Ash of War, Determination and Royal Knight’s Resolve, where the damage buff will also apply to other weapons without that skill.
Adjusted the visual effect of Unseen Form spell.
Deleted the Ragged armor set from the game which was mistakenly obtainable in previous patch.
Fixed a bug that causes some hostile NPCs to drop Furlcalling Finger Remedy.
Fixed a bug that causes incorrect sound effect to play in some situations.
Fixed a bug which causes visual animation and hitboxes to not be displayed correctly on some maps.
Fixed bugs which causes incorrect visual and behavior for some enemies.
Fixed a bug that causes incorrect stat parameter for some armor.
Text fixes.
Other performance improvement and bug fixes.

Balance Changes

Increased the drop rate of Smithing Stone for some enemies.
Added Smithing Stone to some early game shop line up.
Increased shield’s effectiveness.
Increased the damage for all offensive cracked pot items.
Increased the damage for the following items: Spark Aromatic/Poison Spraymist.
Increased the effect duration for the following items: Uplifting Aromatic/ Ironjar Aromatic.
Increased HP healing for Torrent when using the following items: Rowa Raisin/ Sweet Raisin/ Frozen Raisin
Reduced FP consumption and increased the damage of the following sorceries: Glintstone Cometshard/ Comet/ Night Comet
Increased the damage of the following sorceries: Gravity Well/ Collapsing Stars/ Crystal Barrage
Decreased FP consumption of the following sorceries: Star Shower/ Rock Blaster/ Gavel of Haima/ Founding Rain of Stars/ Stars of Ruin/Greatblade Phalanx/Magic Downpour/ Loretta’s Greatbow/ Loretta’s Mastery/ Carian Greatsword/ Carian Piercer/ Shard Spiral
Raised projectile speed and range of Great Glintstone Shard
Decreased Ash of War, Hoarfrost Stomp’s damage and increase cast time.
Increased Ash of War, Bloody Slash’s self-inflict damage while slightly lowering the damage and increasing the cast time.
Decreased weapon skill, Sword of Night and Flame’s damage.
Increased FP consumption and lower duration of Ash of War, Barricade Shield.
Changed FP consumption timing of Ash of War, Prelate’s Charge.
Decreased the damage of spirit summoned when using the item Mimic Tear Ash and changed the spirit’s behavior pattern.
Other enemy and weapon balance changes

The version number of this update shown at the lower right corner of the Title Screen will be as follows:

App Ver. 1.03
Regulation Ver. 1.03.1
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Nerfed the mimic. Doh... I'm stuck on the last boss. It's so frustrating.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Scuzz wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:32 am

If you help another player thru jolly cooperation you get a Rune Arc. I have over 40of them now. Pick a boss and offer your help.
What I provide can hardly be called help. :oops:
He won. Period.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

The one thing I've seen is that the final boss is actually worse if you try and summon people in. So I'm just trying over and over and over and over with me and my mimic. I've gotten to where like 2 more hits would have killed him. It's so frustrating as the boss doesn't feel hard it just has certain attacks that if you don't see them coming will total wreck you. I will beat it tonight!
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Octavious wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:45 am Nerfed the mimic. Doh... I'm stuck on the last boss. It's so frustrating.
I'm rolling into the end game (at Beast Clergyman now) and not excited to see the mimic nerfed at this point. :( I mean yeah, it totally needed to be nerfed, but still...
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

hepcat wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:05 am
Scuzz wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:32 am

What I provide can hardly be called help. :oops:
Yeah, I kind of feel the same. I mean I guess I can tank and a +25 greatsword will do some damage. At this point I may have more health than some of the early game bosses.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I've got one thing and one thing only: the Bloodhound Fang. Of course, now I can electrify it. But man, I rarely use anything else.

edit: i'm hearing murmurs the Bloodhound Fang has been nerfed. I hope that isn't true.
He won. Period.
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

hepcat wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:50 am I've got one thing and one thing only: the Bloodhound Fang. Of course, now I can electrify it. But man, I rarely use anything else.

edit: i'm hearing murmurs the Bloodhound Fang has been nerfed. I hope that isn't true.
Didn’t notice that on the patch list but it is a long list.
Black Lives Matter
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

hepcat wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:50 am edit: i'm hearing murmurs the Bloodhound Fang has been nerfed. I hope that isn't true.
That makes 2 of us.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Hopefully it's just a rumor then. But man, that thing seems overpowered.
He won. Period.
naednek

Post by naednek »

another patch, and no fix to the stuttering.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I wouldn't hold your breath. Bloodborne still has performance issues and that came out like 900 years ago. They suck at optimizing their games and tend to never fix it.

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Phase 2 of the Beast Clergyman can suck it.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
malchior

Post by malchior »

Octavious wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:23 pm I wouldn't hold your breath. Bloodborne still has performance issues and that came out like 900 years ago. They suck at optimizing their games and tend to never fix it.
Honestly this is why I waited to hear about people's experiences and ultimately bought it on PS5. It's been an excellent experience. I have really only seen stuttering once in 11 hours of play and it was only about a couple of seconds.