Let's Play Together: GM'd Battletech via MegaMek XII

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

moleymoleymoley

Re: Let's Play Together: GM'd Battletech via MegaMek XII

Post by moleymoleymoley »

El Guapo wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:53 am There's no way for the elementals to hijack Siljanus's mech and use it against us in this battle, is there?
Nope, elementals can do 3 things, srm fire (most damaging), small laser/flamer/mg fire (less damaging), or swarm a mech (most scary). Srms have 6(?) Hex range like regular srms, small arms have 3(?), and swarming has to take place in the same hex as a mech, and I think it gets harder the fewer members of the elemental squad there are (usually 5)?

If they swarm a mech they can start pulling it apart, often causing criticals, which is a fast way to end a mech (and EXTREMELY cool). They are at a severe disadvantage though because they move before we do, so all we have to do is make sure we don't end a turn in the same hex as an elemental (or get knocked out :| ) and their scariness is significantly reduced. You have a pretty easy regain consciousness roll so we should be ok.
moleymoleymoley

I think I have 4 options

1. Charge the nobori nin, try and knock it into the water, he has a low movement mod, and a busted hip (does this reduce his chances of evading me?) the breaches in it's torso and leg would surely mean the end of it (and maybe some nice salvage :D )

2. Move next to the nobori, fire stuff at the mad cat, kick the nobori

3. Jump next to the mad cat, alpha and melee (he has a modifier of 2 though, may not be a great idea

4. Jump behind the ryoken and start blasting, he has big modifier though so probably a bad idea.

I'm thinking 1. Will leave me open to a lot of fire next round but on the other hand it does seem very fun. Can anyone work out my hit chance charging the nin?
moleymoleymoley

Also I think we need to worry less about the elementals and just make sure we keep a bit of distance from them. Getting rid of those mechs in the backfield would be a priority I think, save us having to fight in front and behind us.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

moleymoleymoley wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:25 am If they swarm a mech they can start pulling it apart, often causing criticals, which is a fast way to end a mech (and EXTREMELY cool).
$iljanus does not think this is extremely cool at all…
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

moleymoleymoley wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:25 am
El Guapo wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:53 am There's no way for the elementals to hijack Siljanus's mech and use it against us in this battle, is there?
Nope, elementals can do 3 things, srm fire (most damaging), small laser/flamer/mg fire (less damaging), or swarm a mech (most scary). Srms have 6(?) Hex range like regular srms, small arms have 3(?), and swarming has to take place in the same hex as a mech, and I think it gets harder the fewer members of the elemental squad there are (usually 5)?

If they swarm a mech they can start pulling it apart, often causing criticals, which is a fast way to end a mech (and EXTREMELY cool). They are at a severe disadvantage though because they move before we do, so all we have to do is make sure we don't end a turn in the same hex as an elemental (or get knocked out :| ) and their scariness is significantly reduced. You have a pretty easy regain consciousness roll so we should be ok.
So will Siljanus get a chance to make a recovery roll before he gets swarmed?
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

El Guapo wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:48 am So will Siljanus get a chance to make a recovery roll before he gets swarmed?
I think so, yes. He got KO'd last firing phase so the consciousness check is at the end of this turn after all the movement and firing.
Black Lives Matter
TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

I'm hoping the clanners on our side of the field will soon hit a death spiral, yeah. A lot of banged up mechs on their side, even if still highly functional.

At some point, you hit critical armor loss, and mechs start poping in sequence as fire gets ever more concentrated.

I'm guessing Steffan's AFK move is going for the Thor? As well as the P-Haw, jumping at its back again, firing and meleeing.

Awesome could maybe turn to the Vulture in the open.

>ARC-2R: Get up, MLx2 and kick the Thor.
> Lich: One step forward, alpha the 2134 Ryoken.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

NickAragua wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:13 am
El Guapo wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:48 am So will Siljanus get a chance to make a recovery roll before he gets swarmed?
I think so, yes. He got KO'd last firing phase so the consciousness check is at the end of this turn after all the movement and firing.
So just to clarify, this upcoming turn will involve me trying to wake up and nothing more? And assuming I do wake up will I have any penalties in future turns due to being KOd? I feel kind of bad being out of the fight but a shot to the head can do that to a person. :oops:
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

$iljanus wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:04 pm So just to clarify, this upcoming turn will involve me trying to wake up and nothing more? And assuming I do wake up will I have any penalties in future turns due to being KOd? I feel kind of bad being out of the fight but a shot to the head can do that to a person. :oops:
Correct, just waking up. No penalties going forward, other than future consciousness checks will be more difficult.

Feel free to give orders to one of the Kurita mechs meanwhile.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

NickAragua wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:11 pm
$iljanus wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:04 pm So just to clarify, this upcoming turn will involve me trying to wake up and nothing more? And assuming I do wake up will I have any penalties in future turns due to being KOd? I feel kind of bad being out of the fight but a shot to the head can do that to a person. :oops:
Correct, just waking up. No penalties going forward, other than future consciousness checks will be more difficult.

Can we blast this through our mech speakers?

Black Lives Matter.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

NickAragua wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:11 pm

Oooh, what’s unspoken for?
Black lives matter!

NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

$iljanus wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:10 pm Oooh, what’s unspoken for?
Shadow Hawk, Wolverine, Marauder, Wolf Trap, Thunderbolt.

Marauder's pretty beat up (only 1 PPC and 2 medium lasers functional, dumping autocannon ammo so can only walk). The others are ok, but need to keep their modifiers up, either by moving/jumping fast or hiding out in the woods/smoke.
Black Lives Matter
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

In the middle of some things but I'll move one of those by the evening if that's okay? Let me roll a d10 for a random pick...9. Thunderbolt I choose you!
Black lives matter!

moleymoleymoley

charge the nobori nin please, if that won't work/has a to hit of >8 run up next to him (South) and fire lazors please
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

That Thunderbolt is in a precarious spot. That back of that Loki to the north is a tempting target but I’m concerned that if I move to a good position to take that shot I’ll be exposing my own back to eventual retaliation by the other clan mechs in the area. Is there a safe (or as safe as one can be) move I can make so the Thunderbolt is on the other side of the river? I figure by repositioning across the river the clanners are more or less to the front of me and I can reduce the risk of getting my rear shredded.

If it’s not too doable I can go all Leroy Jenkins and try my best to kill everything on my side of the river… :horse: :lol:
Black lives matter!

NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Crossing the river is a little tricky and will probably take two turns (you can only use walk MP when entering water) - one to step in, one to step out. That particular Thunderbolt does not have jump jets.

The good news is that the clanners aren't focusing their fire as much as we do, so you're unlikely to eat a faceful of laser from the Daishi up top (for example) unless you bother it.
Black Lives Matter
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Rather embarrassing but I'm looking at the map on my phone and even zoomed in I can't read the hex numbers very well without my reading glasses (getting old is shit sometimes). So I'd like to move into those light woods near that minefield NW of me and light up that Loki to the north. If I need to be more specific I can use my iPad at home to take a look in a few hours.

It seems like crossing the river is a bit of a chore so I guess I should make the best what little time I have on my side of the river... :lol:
Black lives matter!

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Yeah, that side of the river was not friendly to me. Though it may go a bit easier on you now that the two Vultures are being pressured and not just sitting on their hill having fun.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
WestorEast

Post by WestorEast »

My Kurita P. Hawk will move to engage the Thor on 3514, moving to reduce the elevation difference as practical.

My H-H will engage either the N-N, Mad Cat or Battle Armors, depending on positioning.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Ahh, finally at home so…

Kurita Thunderbolt moves from 2009 to light woods in 1710, turns and fires at Thor in hex 1806
Black lives matter!

NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

What I've got so far, waiting on El Guapo:

BL-KNT >> 3924, face N, fire ErLL x2 @ Stormcrow 3806
ON1-K >> chase Stormcrow 3806, plot the best course through the woods, preferably ending turn in them for cover.
Crusader "THEMIX" >> jump to 2510 and turn towards the west; fire LRMs (if worth it) at Loki 1806, fire MLs and SRMs (if worth it) at elementals 2109
Kurita Crusader >> move to 2702, turn to the west; fire at Mat Cat 2403
ARC-2R: Get up, MLx2 and kick the Thor.
Lich: One step forward, alpha the 2134 Ryoken.
Moley charge the nobori nin if possible/8+ to hit; otherwise run up and laser
Kurita P. Hawk will move to engage the Thor on 3514, moving to reduce the elevation difference as practical.
H-H will engage either the N-N, Mad Cat or Battle Armors, depending on positioning.
Kurita Thunderbolt moves from 2009 to light woods in 1710, turns and fires at Thor in hex 1806
Thug on the top of the hill at 2423 and engage the best target of opportunity.
Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I didn't bold it, because I was waiting to see if anyone disagreed, but I think sending detonate commands to the decoys in 2008 and 2110 might be worth it. We might be able to take out that group of elementals.

Or, if anyone has a free control move (i.e. isn't doing anything with one of their two primary mechs), maybe have the decoy in 2110 attack the elementals directly?

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Marauder: I think I can hit the Mad Cat in 2227 (that is, I think the LOS has two forest hexes in the way, not three).
If I can, hit it with my PPCs and Gauss. Stay where I am unless I'm exposing myself to crazy risky fire.

The Kurita Awesome will target the Ryoken in 3806 - position myself wherever I can avoid getting exposed to backshots. I think I can run to get to the heavy forest in 2913 which seems reasonably safe.
Black Lives Matter.
moleymoleymoley

NickAragua wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:14 am What I've got so far, waiting on El Guapo:

BL-KNT >> 3924, face N, fire ErLL x2 @ Stormcrow 3806
ON1-K >> chase Stormcrow 3806, plot the best course through the woods, preferably ending turn in them for cover.
Crusader "THEMIX" >> jump to 2510 and turn towards the west; fire LRMs (if worth it) at Loki 1806, fire MLs and SRMs (if worth it) at elementals 2109
Kurita Crusader >> move to 2702, turn to the west; fire at Mat Cat 2403
ARC-2R: Get up, MLx2 and kick the Thor.
Lich: One step forward, alpha the 2134 Ryoken.
Moley charge the nobori nin if possible/8+ to hit; otherwise run up and laser
Kurita P. Hawk will move to engage the Thor on 3514, moving to reduce the elevation difference as practical.
H-H will engage either the N-N, Mad Cat or Battle Armors, depending on positioning.
Thug on the top of the hill at 2423 and engage the best target of opportunity.
Oops, I meant less than 8 to hit, doh
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

TheMix continues evasive maneuvers - with the Vulture dislodged from its perch on the hilltop and having taken damage to the arm, it will hopefully be able to deliver a little less damage. The woods prevent him from targeting anything directly across the river, but do protect against the worst of the Vulture's fire and even lands a few LRMs on the enemy mech.

El Guapo's line of fire to the Mad Cat to the southwest is blocked by smoke, but he's able to draw a bead on the hilltop Vulture that's been giving TheMix a hard time, also taking a couple of pot shots at the Elementals approaching Siljanus' mech with pulse lasers. The Elementals ping a few rounds of small arms fire off the Marauder's armor to little effect, and one of them takes both small laser bursts, dropping to the ground. El Guapo's PPC and gauss round both land on the Vulture, blasting armor off. To our mechwarrior's relief, the rest of the Elemental squad opts to disengage - there being only two left and one with a visible hole in his armor. The two battle armor troopers jump west to the woods they came from, firing their small arms and lasers to provide some pretense of cover. Our mechwarrior frowns as the woods he's been using for cover catch on fire.

The other Vulture moves forward, aiming at Siljanus. One of its pulse lasers strikes the head, somehow managing to not evaporate the cockpit or the mechwarrior, while LRMs strike a weak joint in the right arm, blasting it off. The pain from the laser burns jolts our mechwarrior awake. "Hey, who turned the fan off?" he quips.

Moley considers trying to charge the Nobori-Nin, but decides he won't be able to reach it in time, but should still be able to deliver a kick or a push. He briefly glances to the right, watching Isgrimnur cresting the hilltop, unloading the Thug's PPCs and SRMs on the Nobori-Nin as well. The Nobori-Nin returns fire, stitching pulse laser shots across the Thug's upper torso - a good number of pulses cluster around the head while an LBX slug breaches the armor on the left arm. Moley slices the Nobori-Nin's right arm off, crippling the right torso. Isgrimnur's wepaon fire takes off the left arm and torso. Between the two attackers, the Nobori-Nin is missing about 60% of its power plant, which isn't really enough to keep a mech running, so it drops to the ground, disabled. So does Isgrimnur's mech, falling backwards on top of the hill. Not the best place to be, especially with a squad of Elementals hopping on top of the hill and beginning to climb up the downed mech.

WestOrEast moves south to engage the Mad Cat, ducking under a gauss round but taking several LRMs and a series of pulse laser blasts to the right section, armor there becoming worryingly thin. The Hatamoto-Hi returns fire, breaching the armor on the 75-ton clan mech's left arm with a PPC blast.

Lich steps forward, engaging the Ryoken circling around the short hill to the west, taking a large laser blast to the right arm and observing with some disdain the pitter patter of auto-rifle rounds against the back of his Griffin. The Griffin's extended-range PPC blasts through the Ryoken's left torso, causing the mech to spray toxic-looking bright blue heat sink fluid behind it. A laser slices a good chunk of armor off the center of mass in the rear torso.

Leraje moves north, engaging the damaged Ryoken all the way in the northeast quadrant of the battlefield. One of the Black Knight's lasers severs the right leg at the hip, bringing the 55-ton mech to the ground in a cloud of dust - our mechwarrior smirking as the Kurita Orion adds a little firepower before it disappears behind the hilltop, blasting through the right torso armor. The mech twitches briefly, then lays still. Sensors indicate the power plant is still active, meaning the mechwarrior must have briefly blacked out.

Leraje also briefly observes the Thor's continuing troubles, as the mech is charged by the Archer and the Kurita Phoenix Hawk continues hounding it. The clan mechwarrior avoids the Archer's more hefty kick, delivering a good amount of damage with its LBX autocannon and LRMs, but the Phoenix Hawk sneaks up behind the clan mech and stomps on its foot. Sparks fly off the right leg and the Thor drops to the ground, crunching its left arm.

Current Battlefield State:
Spoiler:
Enlarge Image
Raw firing/melee/heat data:
Spoiler:

Initiative Phase for Round #9
-------------------
1st Octopus Overlords rolls a 7[3+4] / 11[7+4].
Clan Smoke Jaguar rolls a 7[7+0] / 5[5+0].

Wind direction is Northeast.

Archer ARC-2R ID:26 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make a piloting skill check (getting up).
Needs 4 [4 (Base piloting skill) + 0 (getting up)], rolls 5 : succeeds.

Weapon Attack Phase
-------------------

Weapons fire for Daishi (Dire Wolf) Prime ID:1 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER Large Laser at Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 4 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 3 : possible fire.
        Needs 9 [7 (ER Large Laser) + 2 (accidental)] to ignite, rolls 6

ER Large Laser at Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 12 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Rear table) LA
        Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 11 damage to LA.
            6 Armor remaining.

ER Large Laser at Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 5 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 5 : no fire..

ER Large Laser at Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 11 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Rear table) RL
        Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 11 damage to RL.
            16 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:4 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER PPC at Wolf Trap (Tora) WFT-1 ID:31 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 2 : misses

Weapons fire for Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER PPC at Archer ARC-2R ID:26 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 10 : no fire..

LB 10-X AC at Archer ARC-2R ID:26 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 9 : hits RT
        Archer ARC-2R ID:26 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 10 damage to RT.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 7.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            14 Armor remaining.

LRM 15 at Archer ARC-2R ID:26 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 9 : 9 missile(s) hit.

Archer ARC-2R ID:26 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to RA.
            17 Armor remaining.

Archer ARC-2R ID:26 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 4 damage to CT.
            29 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Nobori-nin (Huntsman) B ID:8 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     Medium Pulse Laser at Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 4, rolls 6 : hits HD
        Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 7 damage to HD.
            0 Armor remaining.

Pilot of Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords) "Private Gurudasa "Isgrimnur MkII" Naimish" takes 1 damage (2 total hits).
        Pilot of Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords) "Private Gurudasa "Isgrimnur MkII" Naimish" needs a 5 to stay conscious. Rolls 3 : blacks out.

Medium Pulse Laser at Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 4, rolls 7 : - Direct Blow - hits RA
        Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 8 damage to RA.
            3 Armor remaining.

LB 10-X AC at Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 4, rolls 9 : - Direct Blow - hits LA
        Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 11 damage to LA.
            Armor destroyed.
             11 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on LA. Roll is (6+1) = 7; no effect.

Machine Gun at Thunderbolt TDR-5SE ID:73 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 9 : - Direct Blow - hits LL
        Thunderbolt TDR-5SE ID:73 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to LL.
            24 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER PPC at Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 6 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 8 : no fire..

Medium Pulse Laser at Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 9 : - Glancing Blow due to Narrow/Low Profile - hits RA
        Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to RA.
        3 damage transfers to RT.
        Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to RT.
             10 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on RT. Roll is (6-2) = 4; no effect.

Medium Pulse Laser at Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 6 : no fire..

Medium Pulse Laser at Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 7 : no fire..

Streak SRM 6 at Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 5 : fails to achieve lock.

Weapons fire for Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:9 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER Medium Laser at Thunderbolt TDR-5SE ID:73 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 3 : misses

ER Medium Laser at Thunderbolt TDR-5SE ID:73 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 9 : hits (using Left Side table) LT
        Thunderbolt TDR-5SE ID:73 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 7 damage to LT.
            14 Armor remaining.

ER Medium Laser at Thunderbolt TDR-5SE ID:73 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 5 : misses

Streak SRM 6 at Thunderbolt TDR-5SE ID:73 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 7 : fails to achieve lock.

Weapons fire for Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER Large Laser at Crusader CRD-3R ID:28 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 10 : misses

ER Large Laser at Crusader CRD-3R ID:28 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 8 : misses

ER Medium Laser at Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 5 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 4 : no fire..

ER Medium Laser at Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 4 : misses

ER Medium Laser at Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 10 : hits (using Partial cover (horizontal 50%) table) LT
        Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 7 damage to LT.
            12 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     Gauss Rifle at Hatamoto-Hi HTM-27U ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 4 : misses

LRM 10 ((Clan) Artemis-capable ammo) at Hatamoto-Hi HTM-27U ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 12 : - Direct Blow - (ECM prevents bonus) 10 missile(s) hit (using Right Side table) (w/ +2 bonus).

Hatamoto-Hi HTM-27U ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to RT.
            2 Armor remaining.

Hatamoto-Hi HTM-27U ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to RA.
            14 Armor remaining.

Large Pulse Laser at Hatamoto-Hi HTM-27U ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 7 : hits (using Right Side table) RA
        Hatamoto-Hi HTM-27U ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 10 damage to RA.
            4 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     Large Pulse Laser at Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 4 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 9 : no fire..

Large Pulse Laser at Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 11 : - Glancing Blow -hits LA
        Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to LA.
            15 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER Large Laser at Griffin GRF-3MO ID:186 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 8 : hits (using Partial cover (horizontal 50%) table) RA
        Griffin GRF-3MO ID:186 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 10 damage to RA.
            8 Armor remaining.

ER Medium Laser at Griffin GRF-3MO ID:186 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 4 : misses

Weapons fire for Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:15 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     Large Pulse Laser at Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 5 : misses

Medium Pulse Laser at Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

Medium Pulse Laser at Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 12 : - Direct Blow - hits CT
        Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 8 damage to CT.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 9.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            22 Armor remaining.

LB 10-X AC (Cluster ammo) at Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 5 : misses

Weapons fire for Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:17 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     Small Laser at Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 4 : misses

Auto-Rifle (Modern, Generic) at Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:18 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     SRM 2 at Marauder MAD-5SO ID:75 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 7 : misses

Auto-Rifle (Modern, Generic) at Trebuchet TBT-3C ID:110 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 9 : - Glancing Blow -1 troopers hit (using Right Side table), causing 1 damage.
        Trebuchet TBT-3C ID:110 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to CT.
            3 Armor remaining.

Small Laser at Trebuchet TBT-3C ID:110 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 11 : 3 troopers hit (using Right Side table)
        Trebuchet TBT-3C ID:110 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to RA.
            8 Armor remaining.

Trebuchet TBT-3C ID:110 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to LL.
            7 Armor remaining.

Trebuchet TBT-3C ID:110 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to LT.
            3 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:19 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     Small Laser at Griffin GRF-3MO ID:186 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 8 : misses

Auto-Rifle (Modern, Generic) at Griffin GRF-3MO ID:186 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 11 : 3 troopers hit (using Rear table), causing 2 damage.
        Griffin GRF-3MO ID:186 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to LTR.
            4 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:20 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     Small Laser at Marauder MAD-5SO ID:75 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

Auto-Rifle (Modern, Generic) at Marauder MAD-5SO ID:75 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 12 : - Direct Blow - 1 troopers hit, causing 1 damage.
        Marauder MAD-5SO ID:75 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to RL.
            17 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:2 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     Large Pulse Laser at Mackie MSK-8BG ID:78 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 7 : misses

Large Pulse Laser at Mackie MSK-8BG ID:78 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 9 : - Glancing Blow -hits HD (hit aimed location)
        Mackie MSK-8BG ID:78 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to HD.
            0 Armor remaining.

Pilot of Mackie MSK-8BG ID:78 (1st Octopus Overlords) "Lieutenant SG Omer "Siljanus Mk II" Nanji" takes 1 damage (3 total hits).

LRM 20 at Mackie MSK-8BG ID:78 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 4, rolls 7 : - Direct Blow - 12 missile(s) hit (w/ +2 bonus).

Mackie MSK-8BG ID:78 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to RA (critical).
            29 Armor remaining.
            Critical hit on RA. Roll is (12+1) = 13;LIMB BLOWN OFF Right Arm blown off.

Mackie MSK-8BG ID:78 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to CT (critical).
            25 Armor remaining.
            Critical hit on CT. Roll is (6+1) = 7; no effect.

Mackie MSK-8BG ID:78 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RT.
            29 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER Large Laser at LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:39 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 8 : misses

ER Large Laser at LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:39 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 10 : hits (using Rear table) RTR
        LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:39 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 10 damage to RTR.
            Armor destroyed.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
LIMB BLOWN OFF Right Arm blown off.
        4 damage transfers to CTR.
            Critical hit on RT. Roll is 10; 2 locations.
            CRITICAL HIT on Large Laser.
            CRITICAL HIT on Heat Sink.
        LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:39 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 4 damage to CTR.
            Armor destroyed.
             4 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on CT. Roll is 10; 2 locations.
            CRITICAL HIT on Engine.
            CRITICAL HIT on Engine.

ER Medium Laser at LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:39 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 4 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 11 : no fire..

Weapons fire for Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     LRM 10 at Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 8 : misses

LRM 10 at Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 12 : 6 missile(s) hit (using Partial cover (horizontal 50%) table).

Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 5 damage to LA.
            5 Armor remaining.

Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 1 damage to LT.
            4 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Thunderbolt TDR-5SE ID:73 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Medium Laser at Nobori-nin (Huntsman) B ID:8 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 5, rolls 6 : hits RT
        Nobori-nin (Huntsman) B ID:8 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 5 damage to RT.
             2 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on RT. Roll is 8; 1 location.
            CRITICAL HIT on +Machine Gun.

Medium Laser at Nobori-nin (Huntsman) B ID:8 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 5, rolls 8 : - Direct Blow - hits CT
        Nobori-nin (Huntsman) B ID:8 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 6 damage to CT.
            9 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Nobori-nin (Huntsman) B ID:8 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 5, rolls 5 : - Glancing Blow -hits RT
        Nobori-nin (Huntsman) B ID:8 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 2 damage to RT.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
LIMB BLOWN OFF Right Arm blown off.
            Critical hit on RT. Roll is (8-2) = 6; no effect.

Weapons fire for Marauder MAD-5SO ID:75 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     ER PPC at Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 9 : hits LL
        Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 10 damage to LL.
            4 Armor remaining.

Gauss Rifle at Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 8 : - Glancing Blow -hits RT
        Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 7 damage to RT.
            8 Armor remaining.

Medium Pulse Laser at Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:20 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 3, rolls 4 : hits Trooper 2
        Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:20 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 6 damage to Trooper 2.
            0 Armor remaining.

Medium Pulse Laser at Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:20 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 3, rolls 10 : - Direct Blow - hits Trooper 1
        Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:20 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 8 damage to Trooper 1.
            Armor destroyed.
             TROOPER KILLED,

Weapons fire for Black Knight BL-6b-KNTC ID:101 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     ER Large Laser at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 6, rolls 12 : - Direct Blow - hits RL
        Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 12 damage to RL.
            Armor destroyed.
             6 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on RL. Roll is (10+2) = 12;LIMB BLOWN OFF Right Leg blown off.

ER Large Laser at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 6, rolls 6 : - Glancing Blow -hits CT
        Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 5 damage to CT.
             13 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on CT. Roll is (4-2) = 2; no effect.

Weapons fire for Hatamoto-Hi HTM-27U ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     PPC at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

PPC at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 9 : hits LA
        Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 10 damage to LA.
            Armor destroyed.
             8 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on LA. Roll is 7; no effect.

Weapons fire for Griffin GRF-3MO ID:186 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     ER PPC at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 9 : hits (using Rear table) LTR
        Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 15 damage to LTR.
            Armor destroyed.
             7 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on LT. Roll is 8; 1 location.
            CRITICAL HIT on Double Heat Sink.

ER Medium Laser at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 10 : hits (using Rear table) CTR
        Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 7 damage to CTR.
            3 Armor remaining.

ER Medium Laser at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 3 : misses

LRM 15 at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for Awesome AWS-8Q ID:22 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     PPC at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 12, rolls 4 : misses

PPC at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 9 : misses

Weapons fire for Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     AC/10 at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 7 : - Glancing Blow -hits (using Right Side Partial cover (horizontal 50%) table) RT
        Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 5 damage to RT.
            0 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 7 : - Glancing Blow -hits (using Right Side Partial cover (horizontal 50%) table) RL
        Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 suffers no damage. (RL behind cover)

SRM 4 at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 8 : 2 missile(s) hit (using Right Side Partial cover (horizontal 50%) table).

Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 2 damage to RA.
            13 Armor remaining.

Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 2 damage to RT.
             11 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on RT. Roll is 3; no effect.

Weapons fire for Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     PPC at Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:4 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 6 : misses

Medium Laser at Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:4 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

Weapons fire for Archer ARC-2R ID:26 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Medium Laser at Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 4 : misses

Medium Laser at Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 5 : misses

Needs 9 [7 (Medium Laser) + 2 (accidental)] to ignite, rolls 7

Weapons fire for Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Large Laser at Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:4 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 2 : misses

Medium Laser at Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:4 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 11, rolls 9 : misses

SRM 2 at Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:4 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 11, rolls 8 : misses

Weapons fire for Crusader CRD-3R ID:28 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Medium Laser at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

Medium Laser at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 9 : hits LL
        Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 5 damage to LL.
            23 Armor remaining.

Machine Gun at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 12, rolls 8 : misses

Machine Gun at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 12, rolls 6 : misses

SRM 6 at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 10 : - Direct Blow - 3 missile(s) hit (w/ +2 bonus).

Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 2 damage to LA.
            18 Armor remaining.

Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 2 damage to LT.
            11 Armor remaining.

Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 2 damage to RA.
            21 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Wolverine WVR-6R ID:29 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Medium Laser at Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 7 : - Glancing Blow -hits LA
        Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 2 damage to LA.
            3 Armor remaining.

AC/5 at Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 5 : misses

SRM 6 at Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 5 : misses

Weapons fire for Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:30 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     AC/5 at Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 3 : misses

LRM 5 at Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 7 : misses

Weapons fire for Wolf Trap (Tora) WFT-1 ID:31 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Medium Laser at Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:4 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 7 : misses

Medium Laser at Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:4 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 3 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 11 : no fire..

LB 10-X AC (Cluster ammo) at Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:4 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 ID:32 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Medium Laser at Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 11, rolls 5 : misses

Machine Gun at Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 11, rolls 11 : - Glancing Blow -hits (using Rear table) HD
        Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 1 damage to HD.
            1 Armor remaining.

Pilot of Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) "Kaitlynn Stone" takes 1 damage (2 total hits).
        Pilot of Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) "Kaitlynn Stone" needs a 5 to stay conscious. Rolls 6 : successful!

Medium Laser at Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 11, rolls 7 : misses

Machine Gun at Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 11, rolls 7 : misses
        Needs 11 [9 (Machine Gun) + 2 (accidental)] to ignite, rolls 7

Weapons fire for Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     PPC at Nobori-nin (Huntsman) B ID:8 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 5, rolls 4 : misses

PPC at Nobori-nin (Huntsman) B ID:8 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 5, rolls 11 : - Direct Blow - hits LT
        Nobori-nin (Huntsman) B ID:8 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 12 damage to LT.
            Armor destroyed.
             2 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on LT. Roll is (4+2) = 6; no effect.

SRM 6 at Nobori-nin (Huntsman) B ID:8 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 5 : misses

SRM 6 at Nobori-nin (Huntsman) B ID:8 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 7 : - Glancing Blow -2 missile(s) hit (w/ -4 malus).

Nobori-nin (Huntsman) B ID:8 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 2 damage to RT.
        2 damage transfers to CT.
        Nobori-nin (Huntsman) B ID:8 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 2 damage to CT.
            7 Armor remaining.

Nobori-nin (Huntsman) B ID:8 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 2 damage to LT (critical).
             SECTION DESTROYED.
LIMB BLOWN OFF Left Arm blown off.
            Critical hit on LT. Roll is (2-2) = 0; no effect.
            Critical hit on LT. Roll is (5-2) = 3; no effect.
*** Nobori-nin (Huntsman) B ID:8 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) DESTROYED by engine destruction! ***

Weapons fire for Trebuchet TBT-3C ID:110 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     LRM 15 (Artemis-capable ammo) at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 4 : misses

Medium Laser at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 11, rolls 5 : misses

Medium Laser at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 11, rolls 7 : misses

Medium Laser at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 8 : misses

Medium Laser at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 6 : misses

Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) and automatically fails (Pilot unconscious).
     Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords) falls on its rear, suffering 8 damage.
        Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to RL.
            28 Armor remaining.
        Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to RA.
            0 Armor remaining.

Pilot of Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords) "Private Gurudasa "Isgrimnur MkII" Naimish" cannot avoid damage.
        Pilot of Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords) "Private Gurudasa "Isgrimnur MkII" Naimish" takes 1 damage (3 total hits).

Hatamoto-Hi HTM-27U ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (20+ damage).
The base target is 3 [3 (Base piloting skill)].
    Roll #1, (3 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (20+ damage)); needs 4, rolls 7 : succeeds.

Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (20+ damage).
The base target is 4 [4 (Base piloting skill)].
    Roll #1, (4 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (20+ damage)); needs 5, rolls 5 : succeeds.

Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) must make 2 piloting skill roll(s) (leg destroyed; 20+ damage).
The base target is 7 [4 (Base piloting skill) + 2 (Right Leg Hip Actuator destroyed) + 1 (Left Leg Foot Actuator destroyed)].
    Roll #1, (leg destroyed); automatically fails.
     Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) falls on its left side, suffering 6 damage.
        Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 5 damage to CT.
            Critical hit on CT. Roll is 4; no effect.
        Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 1 damage to LL.
             3 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on LL. Roll is 7; no effect.

Pilot of Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) "José Morín" must roll 13 to avoid damage; rolls 7 : fails.
        Pilot of Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) "José Morín" takes 1 damage (2 total hits).
        Pilot of Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) "José Morín" needs a 5 to stay conscious. Rolls 5 : successful!

Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (20+ damage).
The base target is 3 [3 (Base piloting skill)].
    Roll #1, (3 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (20+ damage)); needs 4, rolls 5 : succeeds.

Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (20+ damage).
    Roll #1, (4 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (20+ damage)); needs 5, rolls 5 : succeeds.

Physical Attack Phase
-------------------

Physical attacks for Archer ARC-2R ID:26 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Kick (Left leg) at Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses.

Physical attacks for Wolf Trap (Tora) WFT-1 ID:31 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Punch (Left Arm) at Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:4 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 12 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Rear Punch table) LTR
        Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:4 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 6 damage to LTR.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 9.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            1 Armor remaining.

Physical attacks for Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 ID:32 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Kick (Left leg) at Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 10 : hits (using Rear Kick table) RL
        Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 9 damage to RL.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
        4 damage transfers to RTR.
            Critical hit on RL. Roll is 9; 1 location.
            CRITICAL HIT on Foot.
        Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 4 damage to RTR.
            3 Armor remaining.

Archer ARC-2R ID:26 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (missed a kick).
    Roll #1, (4 (Base piloting skill) + 0 (missed a kick)); needs 4, rolls 6 : succeeds.

Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) must make 3 piloting skill roll(s) (leg/foot actuator hit; leg destroyed; was kicked).
    Roll #1, (leg destroyed); automatically fails.
     Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) falls on its front, suffering 7 damage.
        Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 5 damage to LA.
            Armor destroyed.
            Critical hit on LA. Roll is 2; no effect.
        Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 2 damage to CT.
            12 Armor remaining.

Pilot of Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) "Kaitlynn Stone" must roll 10 to avoid damage; rolls 11 : succeeds.

Heat Phase
-------------------
Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 16 heat, sinks 16 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 29 heat, sinks 28 heat and is now at 1 heat.
Thunderbolt TDR-5SE ID:73 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 11 heat, sinks 15 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Marauder MAD-5SO ID:75 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 25 heat, sinks 27 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Mackie MSK-8BG ID:78 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Black Knight BL-6b-KNTC ID:101 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 25 heat, sinks 32 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Hatamoto-Hi HTM-27U ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 21 heat, sinks 19 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Trebuchet TBT-3C ID:110 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 19 heat, sinks 19 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Griffin GRF-3MO ID:186 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 31 heat, sinks 28 heat and is now at 5 heat.
Awesome AWS-8Q ID:22 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 21 heat, sinks 21 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 11 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 14 heat, sinks 16 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Archer ARC-2R ID:26 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 9 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 15 heat, sinks 15 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Crusader CRD-3R ID:28 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 12 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Wolverine WVR-6R ID:29 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 13 heat, sinks 12 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:30 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 5 heat, sinks 5 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Wolf Trap (Tora) WFT-1 ID:31 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 10 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 ID:32 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 10 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 0 heat.
LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:34 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:37 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:39 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 10 heat, sinks 4 heat and is now at 6 heat.
LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:42 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Daishi (Dire Wolf) Prime ID:1 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 48 heat, sinks 44 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:2 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 28 heat, sinks 24 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 31 heat, sinks 33 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:4 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 17 heat, sinks 18 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 44 heat, sinks 44 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 32 heat, sinks 28 heat and is now at 5 heat.
Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:9 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 22 heat, sinks 22 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Subtracting 3 heat due to combat computer...
Black Hawk (Nova) Prime ID:10 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 17 heat, sinks 17 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 29 heat, sinks 29 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 23 heat, sinks 24 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 19 heat, sinks 19 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:15 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 22 heat, sinks 20 heat and is now at 2 heat.

End Phase
-------------------

Pilot of Mackie MSK-8BG ID:78 (1st Octopus Overlords) "Lieutenant SG Omer "Siljanus Mk II" Nanji" needs a 7 to wake up. Rolls 9 : successful!
Movement mods:
Black Hawk is ACE (movement: 5/8/5)
Daishi: +0
Thor: +2, unless attacker is adjacent, which case I think it's a +0
Ryoken 1629, Vulture 2016, Mad Cat 2503, Loki 2003: +3
Mad Cat 1829, Ryoken 1212: +2
Vulture 0914: +1
Mad Cat 2403: +0
Isgrimnur-swarming Elementals: +2
All Other Elementals: +4

Objective update:
Ryoken (3806) crippled and "withdrawing" (4/20)
Elementals (2623) crippled and withdrawing (5/20)
Nobori-Nin destroyed (engine kill) (6/20)

Status update:
Siljanus wakes back up (3 pilot hits). Bonus cockpit ventilation.
Isgrimnur unconscious (3 pilot hits). Right arm, left arm, armor breached.
Hex 3021 has caught on fire, El Guapo will have +2 heat this turn.
Kurita Orion - armor red/yellow
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Next turn:

Enlarge Image
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

If it helps, Izzy, I would have imagined you with bigger "junk".
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Leraje

Post by Leraje »

Freyland wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:26 pm If it helps, Izzy, I would have imagined you with bigger "junk".
Bigger "junk" was left behind with Hatchetman.
Leraje

Post by Leraje »

BL-KNT >> 3925, face NW, fire ErLL x2 and ErPPC @ Timberwolf 1829. Failing that same for Summoner 3614
ON1-K >> about-face and engage Timberwolf 2403. I assume downed Strormcrow has no LOS to ON1 due to being prone and is not going anywhere
WestorEast

Post by WestorEast »

The Kurita P. Hawk will continue ganging up on the Thor it's kicking. Though if it gets destroyed, I'll advance northwards, towards those two Mad Cats.

The H-H will move west, firing on either the Ryoken or the Mad Cat (they brought a ton of those, huh?), whichever one lets me bring more weapons to bear/is easier to hit.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:56 pm Next turn:

Enlarge Image
Hey! I've actually been there!

Also, did we "win" that round? I'm not sure.

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Advice help
Would it be better for the Kurita Crusader to stay still in the woods, or move? Movement means harder to hit. Staying in place means better accuracy? Or was there something about shuffling in place? I suspect until help arrives, it's going to get pretty rough with 2 Mad Cats.

Oh. I just noticed that there are woods in 2602. So maybe moving up into melee range is the best move?

Thoughts?

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Next question

First, Mad Cats can't jump, right?
Second, if I jump to 2307 or 2407, will I be able to hit target the Loki in the back? (Oh, just noticed my facing is wrong. So I'd need to jump to 2407 to be able to rotate, right?) Or is there no LOS?

Black Lives Matter

NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

TheMix wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:38 pm questions
Melee is always a good option. You need to move at least 3 hexes in order to get a movement modifier (the magic numbers are 3/5/7), so anything less than that is just repositioning for better firing options.
These Mad Cats can't jump, no.
You can face any direction at the end of a jump (yet another reason why jumping is so good). It's basically just 1 MP per hex moved.
2407 you can target the Loki, 2307, LOS is blocked.
Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Thanks, Nick.

Then I'm going to "sacrifice" the Kurita Crusader to keep the Mad Cats busy. Hopefully. :) I hope some of the other Kurita mechs can help soon. At the moment he's the only thing keeping our flank from being overrun.

Kurita Crusader >> move to 2602; alpha Mad Cat 2503 (assuming that the Mad Cat 2403 doesn't present a better target)
Crusader "THEMIX" >> jump to 2407 with north west facing; attack Loki 2003 (if I can split targets, and it makes sense, I'll also target either the elementals @ 2206 or the Mad Cat @ 2403)

Black Lives Matter

$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Move Mackie from 3023 to 2625 and fire at Mad Cat in hex 1829

Move Kurita Thunderbolt from 1710 to 1707 (unless I’m short an MP). If I have LOS to Loki in 2003 take a shot

That minefield turned out to be a pain in the ass for maneuvering.
Black lives matter!

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

So I'm down to one ER PPC, right? I know a Marauder got its arm blown off earlier, but wasn't sure whether it was mine or the Kurita one, but seems like it's mine, right?
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Nah, you’re fine. The other Marauder is beat up.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

NickAragua wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:46 am Nah, you’re fine. The other Marauder is beat up.
Oh. I was confused by this:
Weapons fire for Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
ER PPC at Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 6 : misses

Medium Pulse Laser at Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 9 : - Glancing Blow due to Narrow/Low Profile - hits RA
Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to RA.
3 damage transfers to RT.

Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to RT.
10 Internal Structure remaining.
Critical hit on RT. Roll is (6-2) = 4; no effect.
Are the Kurita mechs under the "1st Octopus Overlords" name in MegaMek?
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Yeah, I put them on the same player so I could manage them more easily.
Black Lives Matter