Business Grade - Voice Recognition/Speech to text SW? Recommendations.

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Roman

Business Grade - Voice Recognition/Speech to text SW? Recommendations.

Post by Roman »

Hi all - before I dive into Google I thought I'd reach out here 1st.

I have a user at the office who has terrible eyesight and uses Zoomtext application to assist. This same user is going in for some surgery soon and will not be able to type either.
I'd like to understand from you all what experiences you have with speech to text recognition SW?

Business grade solution for sure.

Thanks all!
While feeding all the beasties out back I let a nice big fart. The smell followed all the way back to the house. It's like it was my baby and felt abandoned.
Kasey Chang

Re: Business Grade - Voice Recognition/Speech to text SW? Recommendations.

Post by Kasey Chang »

Other than DragonDictate, there really isn't many other solutions out there, if the Microsoft built-in one wouldn't do the job.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
infinitelurker

Post by infinitelurker »

I haven't used this one before, I just remembered it when seeing your post, because I'm a software developer and follow one of the creators on the social media sites.

http://myechoapp.com/

It allows you to use an iOS device to get speech to text into Windows apps. Worth a try for only $1.99, provided this user has an iOS device.
-something witty-
Tao

Post by Tao »

We have several folks at work that require voice to text. We have tried the Microsoft built-in function and it works as a temporary solution as well as some cheaper software but ultimately in each case the decision was made to purchase the Dragon software. It's a little pricey and not 100% but it seems to be the best solution for our folks.
"Don't touch my stuff when I'm dead...it's booytrapped!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

i worked at Nuance when Dragon was transitioned into a subscription service (because it 'made more money' that way)