What are you playing in quarantine? Also, MP invites here..

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Cylus Maxii

What are you playing in quarantine? Also, MP invites here..

Post by Cylus Maxii »

You knew this thread was coming soon!

So, I'm not symptomatic or quarantined yet. But its probably only a matter of time until that happens. Or, I'll just get ordered to work from home indefinitely, for the sake of social distancing.

So please post what games are occupying your time while you are working from home or actually quarantined. This is a great opportunity for us all to support each other and maybe get some MP gaming going with other OO gamers.

If you have an open MP server that you welcome other OO gamers to, feel free to post invitations to our community here.
My nephew, Jake - "I mean is there really anything more pure? Than sweet zombie monkey love?"
Skinypupy

Re: What are you playing in quarantine? Also, MP invites here..

Post by Skinypupy »

I resubbed to Final Fantasy XIV yesterday. Been away from it for a few months, so I have a couple patches worth of content that I need to catch up on.

If anyone else is interested and wants to connect to run dungeons, raids, needs to join a free company (guild), etc., hit me up. Bayard Elderwood on Coeurl.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I am on enforced work from home and my kids spring break has been extended a week. We have been playing the Division 2 to prepare for the coming end times.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

I am playing Autonauts which is so involving I don't think about the virus which is good, as I tend to obsess about things.
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'm working my way through Kingdom Come: Deliverance right now, along with Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen for when I need a break from the seriousness. I've still got twice-weekly online sessions, lately focusing on Rainbow Six: Siege, GTA Online, and now trying out Warframe. Ghost Recon: Wildlands and Division 2 have been side games, as not everybody can play one or the other.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Enlarge Image

As mentioned in the OO Solo Board Gamers Guild thread, lately I've been thoroughly enjoying Arkham Horror LCG - Super Complete Edition by way of Tabletop Simulator (TTS). The TTS version makes everything so much easier and more convenient, particularly the deckbuilding side of the game. It's really well done, and the vast amount of included content and expansions is outstanding. The way you can quickly set up campaigns or scenarios with just a few mouse-clicks is mighty impressive indeed.

For anyone interested, I suggest first watching the Arkham Horror LCG on TableTop Simulator Tutorial video along with the subsequent useful tips video. If you need to learn the basics of how the main game is played, here's the official tutorial video from Fantasy Flight Games and a helpful playthrough of the physical card game.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I've been playing FAR CRY 5 (only Far Cry game I haven't completed, so I finally decided to rectify that situation), and picked up PILLARS OF ETERNITY 2 at a steal of a price thanks to a random GOG coupon they sent me for it.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I’m working my way through Far Cry 3 as I work my way to current on some franchises.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

If anyone would like to play play through a campaign of Road Redemption, I'd be open to it.

Also, I guess maybe this would be a good opportunity to revisit the idea of the Rocket League Forum Tourney.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
disarm

Post by disarm »

I'm far enough behind the times that I started Witcher 3 a couple weeks ago... should be enough to keep me occupied for a while. Who am I kidding though? I get to keep going to work at the hospital every day...
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Civ 6 mainly with some Sim City clones as alternates.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

Even the extra time at home hasn't been enough to save Gloomhaven. Too long. Even if I do all the initial set up no one else is willing to play through the scenarios. I'd do solo play but I really can't commit the space unless my wife is also in on it.

So I'm diving back into Pathfinder: Kingmaker (I only got to Act 2 or 3 before) with a side of Grim Dawn (finally have my first 100).
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Madmarcus wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:40 pm Even the extra time at home hasn't been enough to save Gloomhaven. Too long. Even if I do all the initial set up no one else is willing to play through the scenarios. I'd do solo play but I really can't commit the space unless my wife is also in on it.
Exactly the same problems I have with Gloomhaven, and why it's currently collecting dust.

Mage Knight is worse...that thing takes forever to set up and tear down.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Skinypupy wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:58 pm
Madmarcus wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:40 pm Even the extra time at home hasn't been enough to save Gloomhaven. Too long. Even if I do all the initial set up no one else is willing to play through the scenarios. I'd do solo play but I really can't commit the space unless my wife is also in on it.
Exactly the same problems I have with Gloomhaven, and why it's currently collecting dust.

Mage Knight is worse...that thing takes forever to set up and tear down.
That's a major factor in why I sometimes play using the Trek Knight mod for Tabletop Simulator. So if you prefer the Mage Knight theme and aren't in the mood for setting up and breaking down the physical game, you ought to seriously consider playing via TTS with Mage Knight Plus (Highly Scripted) or Mage Knight (Tragic Edition v2).

If you're unfamiliar with playing games using Tabletop Simulator it's prudent to watch a TTS playthrough on Youtube. Because TTS certainly has its quirks and plenty of useful features aren't necessarily immediately apparent (hence the video links I posted above for playing the Arkham Horror LCG on TTS).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Stellaris. This one really has its hooks in me.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Tomb Raider and EQ.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

MLB The Show 20 just came out (at least pre-order early access) so that's eaten up a lot of my time. That and I still try and make some progress in Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Also have a round of Thea: The Awakening going, and my son wants to start up a round of Civ 6.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Still trying to finish a game of phoenix point, luckily the Corona virus is not turning us into crab men or we'd be totally screwed. 'cause I have not saved humanity yet in this game.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Noita

if anyone wants to play any of the Worms titles (i'm not picky) or Wreckfest let me know. other MP games as well (as long as i already own it)...
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

I'm pushing my way through Mechwarrior Mercs 5, and splitting time with Wolcen. I have been feeling the need to play a team game, like Pillars of Eternity, but I have started that game half a dozen times. For some reason I just can't get into it, so I might try some Divinity: OS.
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I tried Greedfall, but bounced off it pretty hard. It's interesting, but the parade of foppish dandy characters did absolutely nothing for me at all, and (in typical Spiders fashion) it's janky as all hell. About the fourth time I got stuck on the environment and had to load a save, I threw in the towel.

The xpacs for Age of Wonders 3 were cheap, so I grabbed those and will give that one another look. It never really clicked for me, although I thought it kinda should.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Right now I'm plowing through Pathfinder: Kingmaker, although I'm in the 4th chapter and have hit kind of a rough patch. The game isn't harder, but I'm having a harder time getting myself to finish it up. I'm not exactly bored, but the fairly excessive asset reuse and relatively small areas that I'm starting to hit, combined with a couple of just painful encounters are making me reluctant to fire it up again. I think I was enjoying it more when I was lower level, honestly.
Black Lives Matter
Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

Son got the flu. So my employer has invited me to stay home.. heh

Anyway, looks like I'll be playing ARK if I run out of work that I can do remotely.
My nephew, Jake - "I mean is there really anything more pure? Than sweet zombie monkey love?"
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I just started me a new Xcom 2 game. At least some of the mods don't work anymore.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

NickAragua wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:15 pm Right now I'm plowing through Pathfinder: Kingmaker, although I'm in the 4th chapter and have hit kind of a rough patch. The game isn't harder, but I'm having a harder time getting myself to finish it up. I'm not exactly bored, but the fairly excessive asset reuse and relatively small areas that I'm starting to hit, combined with a couple of just painful encounters are making me reluctant to fire it up again. I think I was enjoying it more when I was lower level, honestly.
I'm in Act 3 almost exactly where I quit before. Last time I stopped was because real life got in the way. I'm still loving it but I can see why it would be best at low to medium levels. Generally I have a hard time staying excited for any D&D/Pathfinder game (pen and paper, BG2, NWN) if it ever gets into 1 encounter adventuring days or situations that can only be solved with applications of specific spells.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

dbt1949 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:28 pm I just started me a new Xcom 2 game. At least some of the mods don't work anymore.
If you aren't playing War of the Chosen, I could see the older mods being abandoned in favor of WotC stuff.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I am playing that. I tried like 3 that used to work and a new one (tanks). I dropped the tanks one and the other all together didn't work, So I just went vanilla.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

My dalliance in Deity Empires has gone on longer than planned. :) Trying for an achievement for winning a Slow game on Hopeless. Over 800 turns in and only starting to actually try to win.

Playing the Dying Light DLC with a friend. We played the original, but forgot about the DLC.

Just picked up Borderlands 3. So dabbling with different characters and playing a co-op game with another OO'er.

Oh, and I was a chunk of the way into the most recent (?) Deus Ex, but got kind of bored. So it's been dumped on the back burner.

And I had been working through the campaign for Age of Wonders: Planetfall on XBox for Windows. Before I got sucked back into Deity Empires.

I think that sums it up. For the moment.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I'm in what (I think) is the last mission for the Witcher 3 Blood & Wine expansion. Once I finish that, I'll need something new. But I think I've already played most things I was really interested in...
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Between the myriad sales and the general lack of any game clicking with me, I've added a metric shit-ton to my backlog the last two weeks.

- Blood Bowl 2
- Life is Strange, Season 1
- HOMM 4
- Age of Wonders 3 (w/xpacs)
- Dogfight 1942
- Frostpunk
- Terraforming Mars
- FF XIV resub
- Armello
- Pathfinder Kingmaker
- Ni no Kuni II

I have yet to play any of these, mind you (except FFXIV), but my hoarder instincts have apparently kicked in for games.

And they'll all get pushed to the side when the FF VII Remake comes out in three weeks.
Last edited by Skinypupy on Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

oh yeah, also playing Baba is You but i'm stuck on the current levels.
Sawyer

Post by Sawyer »

Mad Max has its hooks in me pretty deep with side helpings of Hades. Mad Max is just great and for $20 you can hardly go wrong. How did I miss this one? I'm probably going to freshen-up the Mad Max thread with some more comments, but in short don't believe the pro reviewers, believe the gamers.

Hades is fun, but it's not something I can play for longer than a run or two (depending on how fast I die). It got substantially better after the last patch, adding more mid-dungeon upgrades and buffs. Hades is still early release, though you would hardly know.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Skinypupy wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:47 pm Between the myriad sales and the general lack of any game clicking with me, I've added a metric shit-ton to my backlog the last two weeks.

- Blood Bowl 2
- Life is Strange, Season 1
- HOMM 4
- Age of Wonders 3 (w/xpacs)
- Dogfight 1942
- Frostpunk
- Terraforming Mars
- FF XIV resub
- Armello
- Pathfinder Kingmaker
- Ni no Kuni II

I have yet to play any of these, mind you (except FFXIV), but my hoarder instincts have apparently kicked in for games.

And they'll all get pushed to the side when the FF VII Remake comes out in three weeks.
Now add Doom Eternal, DDO, and Animal Crossing to the list. :oops:
dbemont

Post by dbemont »

It's been Deity Empires for me.
Commish of OOTP online league Dog Days Baseball
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Sawyer wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:13 am Mad Max has its hooks in me pretty deep with side helpings of Hades. Mad Max is just great and for $20 you can hardly go wrong. How did I miss this one? I'm probably going to freshen-up the Mad Max thread with some more comments, but in short don't believe the pro reviewers, believe the gamers.
Yeah, Mad Max was pretty great, and I'm not even a fan of the movies. I liked the little touches like the different engines actually sounding different. It looks great and sounds great and the graphics engine seems well optimized.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Started another game of Stellaris since there was another update recently.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

With my stress levels the last couple of weeks, I have re-oriented my gaming to comfort foods. Old games that I know and love that I can slip into like a favorite old pair of shoes. Games that let me forget and be somewhere else for a while. For now I've reinstalled Batman: Arkham City, Deus Ex (2000), and yes, dear god... Skyrim. Right now I'm playing the 'mod Skyrim' game, which offers 10-plus hours of repetitive gameplay.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I played Doom Eternal for about 40 minutes and realized that a) I’m terrible at it, and b) the intensity of it actually makes me more stressed.

Requested a Steam refund and will stick to Animal Crossing for now instead. It’s my first AC game, and I find it pleasantly relaxing.
Tampa_Gamer

Post by Tampa_Gamer »

Blackhawk wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:43 pm Skyrim. Right now I'm playing the 'mod Skyrim' game, which offers 10-plus hours of repetitive gameplay.
I can relate to that! My 18 yr old daughter (who is normally a social butterfly) has been literally climbing the walls to go out with her friends so we are distracting ourselves by trying to mod Skyrim VR with Natural Locomotion so I dont puke.
Last edited by Tampa_Gamer on Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Nearing the end of Far Cry 3, and played a bunch of MLB The Show 19 this afternoon.
It's almost as if people are the problem.