Vanilla WW. Game over.

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Newcastle

Re: Vanilla WW. Day 2 or 1 depending on where your zero is.

Post by Newcastle »

Newcastle wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:41 am
So if i get lynched, i will come back innocent; first off. SECOND....The village will be in a DIRE spot tomorrow. LIKE doom and gloom...like OMG we should not have lynched newcastle this time. Guilt will soakk through your minds. Redemption you will seek. Joy you will have extinguished. communion you will take. darkness will seep throughout. A hero will be needed. )ok overdramartic, but cafeine kicks are fun!

You will be at your last lynch and you have to strike perfect. I much rather be there, because well i am engaged.

So suspect list:

el guapo (based on his I forgot where my vote was defense)
Punisher (laissez faire attitude still bothers me)
Newcastle wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:13 pm serious top suspect is punisher though; i really dont liek his day 1 posts. Put the heat on him please.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Newcastle

Re: Vanilla WW. Game over.

Post by Newcastle »

grats you two. nicely done. I doubt if i wouldve picked up on scoop, but punisher was pretty much my #1 suspect from the get go. IF i would have lived that night, i probably would have scanned him.
Bayraktar!!!!

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Newcastle wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:21 pm grats you two. nicely done. I doubt if i wouldve picked up on scoop, but punisher was pretty much my #1 suspect from the get go. IF i would have lived that night, i probably would have scanned him.
I've never understood this logic. If I'm seer I try to scan the people I feel are likely not wolves because those are the ones tricking me. If you'd have lived and Lassr had lived ANY other "not wolf" scan would have been enough to win. In spite of this I always see people trying to find wolves rather than trying to find a group they can trust. There is power in numbers - I always feel the Seer should try to build those numbers.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Well, that was a quick final day. That'll save me some time, at least.

FWIW Punisher was on my radar, but Scoop was mostly not. Well played by both of them.

For some reason Newcastle seems to always give off false wolf positives - maybe it's that "Eau de Wolf" cologne that he favors. But of course that means he's super well positioned to be a wolf now - he could do incredibly wolfy things and I think people would now be like "eh, that's just Newcastle being Newcastle". Then he'd cruise to an easy win.
Black Lives Matter.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Newcastle wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:56 am
So if i get lynched, i will come back innocent; first off. SECOND....The village will be in a DIRE spot tomorrow. LIKE doom and gloom...like OMG we should not have lynched newcastle this time. Guilt will soakk through your minds. Redemption you will seek. Joy you will have extinguished. communion you will take. darkness will seep throughout. A hero will be needed. )ok overdramartic, but cafeine kicks are fun!

You will be at your last lynch and you have to strike perfect. I much rather be there, because well i am engaged.

So suspect list:

Newcastle wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:13 pm serious top suspect is punisher though; i really dont liek his day 1 posts. Put the heat on him please.
I still don't get this.. all of my games have been laid back and this was the first time I was a wolf, so you would be right 1 out of 10 times (I think)

The next game is gonna suck for me. If I stay the same, NC and others will let me as wolf. If I change and go aggressive I will be pegged as wolf..
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Remus West wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:58 pm
Newcastle wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:21 pm grats you two. nicely done. I doubt if i wouldve picked up on scoop, but punisher was pretty much my #1 suspect from the get go. IF i would have lived that night, i probably would have scanned him.
I've never understood this logic. If I'm seer I try to scan the people I feel are likely not wolves because those are the ones tricking me. If you'd have lived and Lassr had lived ANY other "not wolf" scan would have been enough to win. In spite of this I always see people trying to find wolves rather than trying to find a group they can trust. There is power in numbers - I always feel the Seer should try to build those numbers.
well my thought process was this.....

night 1 was try to get someone who was probably gonna last. That was lassr. I know I PMd you my list of things, but it came back to forming the circle of trust.

My thought process for the following day was i had my 1 circle of trust, lets take a stab at someone who is pinging my radar hard...that would have been punisher. I would have thought about it, and maybe my thought was gonna change, but i probably was going to scan someone who i felt was wolfy. Unfortunately i couldn't have. BUt them's the breaks. And its not like i've really had a lot of experience being hte seer. I think i've been seer like 1 or 2 times now in all the years i've been playing. I think this was the first time i was seer...maybe 1 other time ages ago....anyway thanks for running it.

And good job on punisher and scoop on a well deserved win. Nicely played.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Punisher wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:11 pm
Newcastle wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:56 am

So suspect list:

I still don't get this.. all of my games have been laid back and this was the first time I was a wolf, so you would be right 1 out of 10 times (I think)

The next game is gonna suck for me. If I stay the same, NC and others will let me as wolf. If I change and go aggressive I will be pegged as wolf..
you were different. You felt off from the get go to me.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

El Guapo wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:01 pm Well, that was a quick final day. That'll save me some time, at least.

FWIW Punisher was on my radar, but Scoop was mostly not. Well played by both of them.

For some reason Newcastle seems to always give off false wolf positives - maybe it's that "Eau de Wolf" cologne that he favors. But of course that means he's super well positioned to be a wolf now - he could do incredibly wolfy things and I think people would now be like "eh, that's just Newcastle being Newcastle". Then he'd cruise to an easy win.
i tend to participate more which i think throws things off ...and i tend to be a bit chaotic which further impacts the perception.
Bayraktar!!!!

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Newcastle wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:20 pm

night 1 was try to get someone who was probably gonna last. That was lassr. I know I PMd you my list of things, but it came back to forming the circle of trust.

My thought process for the following day was i had my 1 circle of trust, lets take a stab at someone who is pinging my radar hard...that would have been punisher. I would have thought about it, and maybe my thought was gonna change, but i probably was going to scan someone who i felt was wolfy. Unfortunately i couldn't have. BUt them's the breaks. And its not like i've really had a lot of experience being hte seer. I think i've been seer like 1 or 2 times now in all the years i've been playing. I think this was the first time i was seer...maybe 1 other time ages ago....anyway thanks for running it.

I wasn't criticizing just noting a difference in style where I seem to be the minority approach. Wondering about thoughts on it from others as well.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Remus West wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:49 pm
Newcastle wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:20 pm

I wasn't criticizing just noting a difference in style where I seem to be the minority approach. Wondering about thoughts on it from others as well.
gotcha. I over explained myself. i actually think getting a circle of trust is a clear win, and a solid strategy. And that was informing part of my thinking on night 1. But night 2 i was thinking i would have a better feel for the game and hence probably would have scanned someone i really wanted more info on.
Bayraktar!!!!

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

that's always been my philosophy. I remember the game where I was seer and by day 4 or 5 I had 4 villagers all still alive, blew the game open once I was proven the real seer.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

the problem this game was not starting at night so the seer did not have a scan in hand on day 1. It is ideal for the seer to reveal the day before the possible last day, that was the day we lynched Newcastle. I wonder how it would have played out if we did not lynch Newcastle, lynched a villager, and then Newcastle came out on the last day. Would we have believed him.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Lassr wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:31 pm the problem this game was not starting at night so the seer did not have a scan in hand on day 1. It is ideal for the seer to reveal the day before the possible last day, that was the day we lynched Newcastle. I wonder how it would have played out if we did not lynch Newcastle, lynched a villager, and then Newcastle came out on the last day. Would we have believed him.
yes you would have. I left multiple bread crumbs to hopefully exonerate me or have you folks believe me. That was actually half the fun trying to lay those clues down.
Bayraktar!!!!

Vorret

Post by Vorret »

So why'd I die on N1? That never happens to me. :evil:
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Vorret wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:22 pm So why'd I die on N1? That never happens to me. :evil:
It's probably because of what you were wearing.
Black Lives Matter.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

I'm convinced it was your avatar. You look way too scrumptious for the wolves to pass up.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

El Guapo wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:40 pm
Vorret wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:22 pm So why'd I die on N1? That never happens to me. :evil:
I was on vacation so odds are I wasn't wearing much :ninja:
Isgrimnur wrote:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Vorret wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:42 pm
There you go. You were asking for it.
Black Lives Matter.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

El Guapo wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:46 pm
Vorret wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:42 pm
There you go. You were asking for it.
Yeah, that would probably make me want to kill you. If nothing else to just stop screaming, "MY EYES! MY EYES! THEY BURN!" or something I'm sure would be pretty close to that.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

I can be quite adorable naked :coffee:
Isgrimnur wrote:
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Vorret 

Black Lives Matter.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Moliere wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:13 pm Image
Enlarge Image
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906