One Night Ultimate Werewolf - Game over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Unagi

Re: One Night Ultimate Werewolf - Game over

Post by Unagi »

Scoop20906 wrote:I was telling the truth!
(This time)
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

That was ... hard to try and get everyone to vote for me !!!
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

That was a difficult game. I was totally lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Honestly everything kinda worked perfectly, Holman says I'm a wolf with no counter other than Moliere going a bit crazy with me knowing he was now the Robber.

The only thing I couldn't be 100% sure of is if I was still the Tanner but at that point I had to play it out as if, wasn't sure if the wolves were going to vote for me though but glad they did :P
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I suppose next time I'll go back to my bread-and-butter and lie. It's never let me down.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I thought about claiming seed her and saying archinerd on was the werewolf. But I just couldn't pull the trigger

stessier

Post by stessier »

Scoop20906 wrote:I thought about claiming seed her and saying archinerd on was the werewolf. But I just couldn't pull the trigger
I don't think that would have worked well. Holman was out so early and strong with that claim that it was going to be an uphill battle for anyone else trying to pull it off (even the real Seer, had they existed).
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Holman

Post by Holman »

Vorret wrote: The only thing I couldn't be 100% sure of is if I was still the Tanner but at that point I had to play it out as if, wasn't sure if the wolves were going to vote for me though but glad they did :P
This ruleset is weird because even the Wolves aren't sure if they're Wolves.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Holman wrote:
Vorret wrote: The only thing I couldn't be 100% sure of is if I was still the Tanner but at that point I had to play it out as if, wasn't sure if the wolves were going to vote for me though but glad they did :P
That was my thinking. I would prefer if we could look at our cards again at dawn. I traded blindly for a card and had no idea if I was bad or good. It left me in a weird position of how to act.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

bb2112 wrote:
Holman wrote:
That was my thinking. I would prefer if we could look at our cards again at dawn. I traded blindly for a card and had no idea if I was bad or good. It left me in a weird position of how to act.
But, clearly - that would kinda take out an enormous part of it all.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Unagi wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
Holman wrote:
But, clearly - that would kinda take out an enormous part of it all.
Yeah, I think the uncertainty of what role you are adds in to the challenge of the game. I had been thinking of the Robber as a good guy where he obviously could go either way. Same with the Troublemaker. The only mechanic I wasn't sure if I liked is the buried Seer. After thinking on it though I feel you have to have that possibility. If there is assuredly a Seer then team bad will almost be forced to fake it right away every game which causes the game to become almost a coin flip between claims rather than trying to puzzle out the truth among potentially all lies.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Holman

Post by Holman »

I wonder if it might be better to have two seers. Right now it feels like there is almost no ability to triangulate information, and the whole game suffers from the Day One problem of not being able to verify much if anything. With two seers (along with a couple people who know whether some roles have been changed), there would be more Truth Out There to work with.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I think you should play a few more games. At least live, it really seems balanced. If you watch people play online on youtube, you can watch it end a few relationships too as the lying can be taken rather personal. :D
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Holman wrote:I wonder if it might be better to have two seers. Right now it feels like there is almost no ability to triangulate information, and the whole game suffers from the Day One problem of not being able to verify much if anything. With two seers (along with a couple people who know whether some roles have been changed), there would be more Truth Out There to work with.
We had the perfect storm this game. I expect the real onus is upon the players that switch people's roles to try and determine what the role was of the player they switched with or to announce who they switched so those players would be able to out each other.

I could see a Seer outing a wolf whose partner then claims to be the Troublemaker and to have switched the outed wolf with another player. :lol:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

This game seems like it wouldn't take that long to play face to face. My guess is it is balanced more across multiple plays than individual games, as it's meant to play a few games in a row.
stessier

Post by stessier »

The default timer in the app is 10 minutes, I believe, for the face-to-face game. So yeah, it all happens quite quickly. Some games are really quick because if a wolf finds out the Troublemaker moved his card and a wolf is now a villager, it's pretty much over.